2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Who's in our range Bully Key position I would think never know , but there will be sliders.

Tigers need to get creative try to get back in first round 2023.
The two guys I had earmarked for a 30s pick were Lemmey & Gruzewski, the latter more of a swingman but that's ok in light of the fact Grimes is approaching retirement age.

Since 2016
53 - Graham
63 - Miller
43 - Cumberland
46 - Ralphsmith
51 - Rioli Jnr
Baker should be at the top of that list, that is the type of selection I particularly like & want to see more of.

Reactions: 1 users
According to a interview with Anthony Munkara in the Hun,the Tiges are interested in him ,will have to be a pick before 40,unless the Bombers can't match our bid because of theiur f/s selections.
Hopefully our GWS pick now comes in below 40 and we manage some good old fashioned payback.
Munkara is a different type of need for us.
A need for retribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
There's talk there might only be 50-odd kids drafted. Which would make pick 88 effectively pick 51. I wonder if we can trade up with the other two.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Baker should be at the top of that list, that is the type of selection I particularly like & want to see more of.

Since 2016 Main Draft, premiership players in GOLD
53 - Graham
63 - Miller
43 - Cumberland
46 - Ralphsmith
51 - Rioli Jnr

Rookie Draft 2018
18 - Baker

Mid - Season Draft
2019 - 13 - Pickett

Going back a little further the 2015 Rookie Draft (held on Dec 3, 2014) was pretty good finding four premiership players -
11 - Short
29 - Castagna
46 - Lambert
68 - Soldo

Seven premiership players and going further back Grimes the number 2 pick in the 2010 pre-season draft as well makes it eight premiership players from Non-National Draft picks.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I'd love to nab taranto and hopper with our first 4 picks,

Then jed hagan a midget slider in the 50s

And maybe some smokey elegant and tough duel sided smart richmond heritage mid with arms like giant testicles and a big motor in the 60s

Thats my wish list locked in.

4 mids. kpps are a thing of the past. Dinosaur footy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
There's talk there might only be 50-odd kids drafted. Which would make pick 88 effectively pick 51. I wonder if we can trade up with the other two.
So how's the centrifuge effect with our pick 53? I'm assuming that will hit the 40s with all the Ashcroft capital being chewed up.

it's good that Soldo was'nt part of the Hopper trade, we can now draft a couple of speculative key position players.
If Soldo had left, we probably would've had to draft a state league ruckman.

So how's the centrifuge effect with our pick 53? I'm assuming that will hit the 40s with all the Ashcroft capital being chewed up.
Brisbane have picks 21, 34, 35, 36, 38 before 53 takes us to pick 49.
Any other clubs need to use more than one pick before 53 or 49? :unsure:

The 63 pick might drop more than the 53 if clubs with picks in their 50's start passing. Might become a pick 53 lol :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users

The 63 pick might drop more than the 53 if clubs with picks in their 50's start passing. Might become a pick 53 lol :giggle:

They'll lose a couple picks for the Fletcher bid too

They'll lose a couple picks for the Fletcher bid too
That will help dropping our second pick down from 63 because they have 55 & 56.

I think there five picks before 53 plus those at 55 & 56 should nearly cover both Ashcroft and Fletcher for them.

So I've got us dropping down to picks 49 & 57 for now.

Essendrugs will also lose 22 and 42 to match an early bid for Davey

Reactions: 1 user
Essendrugs will also lose 22 and 42 to match an early bid for Davey
I've seen Davey go in two mocks at pick 13 or 16.

If he goes 13 they have pick 22 and pick 42 they will eat up some points from it dropping it with points remaining to a pick in the 50's or so.

If he goes 16 or into the 20's, the pick at 22 covers him with the 20% discount.

We need someone to pick him at the 10-12 range :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user
I recall at the time we were asking "what on earth are we getting another small fwd for", turned out to be a great pick. Apologies as i posted elsewehere but for everyone playing here, are we better off packaging our 2 picks for 1 better pick or given they'll improve after F/S/Academy picks or holding & seeing where our picks end up?

Reactions: 2 users