2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jedd Busslinger looks to be a good prospect, his WAFL club have him taller than what he's listed at above. Going to be a big unit when he fills out.

Thought he was one of the few that played well in an otherwise underwhelming VM v WA game. Very athletic/quick for his size, strong under the ball. Bit of Grimes about him at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Jedd Busslinger looks to be a good prospect, his WAFL club have him taller than what he's listed at above. Going to be a big unit when he fills out.

He is that height ,the form l posted has a couple of player's height wrong.
I haven’t seen enough Lemmey to be sure but I agree with the type.

If Clark slips I’d have to take him tho.
I can't see clark going outside the top 10,l wish though..Hugh Bond might be one for the later second round pick

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
The best player in this draft this year by a margin is Hewett from WA. West C absolutely sweating over him.

The majority of draft media puts too much focus on Victorian prospects as usual.
Wardlaw is injured ,he is also very good.
Brayden George is probably the best kick in this year's crop but he is also injured ,his kicking is as good as Darren Jarmans was ,if he could prove himself as a mid,he would be in the top 3.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Probably too short at 190cm for a number 1 key defender.
Not a need playing 2nd or 3rd role

We’re desperate for a key forward and an inside mid or two

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Brayden George is probably the best kick in this year's crop but he is also injured ,his kicking is as good as Darren Jarmans was ,if he could prove himself as a mid,he would be in the top 3.
Both are very good but I rate Hewett higher.

Consensus is its a weak draft this year.

Speaking to some folks they believe Ashcroft and Tsatas wouldn't have gone top 10 last year. So gives you a fair indication of the relative strength of this year and last.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
DJars is the best kick I've ever seen. If half as good he is elite.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Both are very good but I rate Hewett higher.

Consensus is its a weak draft this year.

Speaking to some folks they believe Ashcroft and Tsatas wouldn't have gone top 10 last year. So gives you a fair indication of the relative strength of this year and last.
Looks a pretty average Draft year. It’s certainly nowhere near the quality of last year. Might be one or two pop ups in the 20’s that turn out to be pretty good AFL players, but in general, not a patch on last year’s.

Might be another year where we look to trade up I suspect.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
When was the last time SA produced a genuinely decent KPF ? Pavlich ?

I like Lemmy but geez SA have a bad track record for decent quality big forwards. Soft ?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
When was the last time SA produced a genuinely decent KPF ? Pavlich ?

I like Lemmy but geez SA have a bad track record for decent quality big forwards. Soft ?
Well we drafted one with pick 20 in 2017. He now can't get a game with the worst team since University.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah. He was/still is good. The Baked Bean and the Flying Elton. What a combo.
McBean is a good SANFL footballer for mine.
That’s a fair discrepancy from the 190cm originally reported by ESPN.
Makes a huge difference.
If we go another key defender, then there’s a fair argument to suggest they see Gibcus as a forward
Gibcus forward is what I'd like to see.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
McBean is a good SANFL footballer for mine.

Gibcus forward is what I'd like to see.
Has looked out of sorts the couple of occasions we’ve sent him forward. Debut year …he might still end up forward but thatd still be a long way off I reckon.