2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

Your probably right but at the moment there are the Dees and Lions and maybe the blues if they hold form - otherwise that 4th spot is as wide open as a chook raffle run in the local pub
We'll need to win 2 more games and percentage than Saints and maybe Fremantle for any chance to secure 4th spot. Both have relatively tough draws for remainder of the season so you never know. Losing to the Seams is a problem. They have a pretty easy remaining draw. Realistically I think 6th is the best we can aim for.

Reactions: 1 users
We have been competitive against top 8 teams just not able to sustain it for a whole game. Need to put it all together or little point making the 8 anyway.

DS

We have been competitive against top 8 teams just not able to sustain it for a whole game. Need to put it all together or little point making the 8 anyway.

DS
Agree David.

I would rather not finish 7-8 and embarrass ourselves if we can’t fix our second half issues.

We really should be in a better position than we find ourselves.

The four block of games after the bye will obviously tell us what we need to know.

I believe we have played better football than in 21 but that will mean nothing if we don’t address and fix glaring issues.

Starts with PA after the bye.

DS
From 2017 to 2020 we could maintain a high level of pressure for most, if not all, of games. Other sides could counter that and fight it for 3 quarters at most, but we could keep piling it on, that’s why we broke a lot of sides in the second half of games. We now have a lot of older players who just can’t sustain the pressure for that long.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Carlton MCG. LOSS
2. GWS MCG. Win 1
3. Stk. MVL. LOSS
4. WBD. MCG. WIN 2
5. Adel. AO. LOSS
6. Melb. MCG. LOSS
7. WCE. Perth. Win 3
8. Coll. MCG. WIN 4
9. Haw. MCG. Win 5
10. ESS. MCG. WIN 6
11. SYD. SCG. Loss
BYE
12. Port MCG.
13. Carl MCG.
14. Geel. MCG.
15. WCE MCG.
16. Suns. GC
17 Nth. MVL
18. Freo. MVL
19. Lions. MCG
20. Port. AO
21. Haw. Mcg
22. Ess. MCG
1/2 way - 11 down : 11 to go (6 wins)
MCG - 5 wins / 2 loss
Marvel - 0 wins - 1 loss
Interstate - won 1/ lost 2

Summary - we’ll win our Melbourne games unless you’re a local top 4 team, and we’ll lose our interstate games unless it’s WCE.

Prognosis :
Port mcg - WIN
Carl mcg - LOSS
Geel - mcg - WIN
WCE - mcg - WIN
Suns - GC - loss
North - MVL Win
Freo - MVL - win
Lions - mcg - win
Port - AO - loss
Haw - mcg - WIN
ESS - MCG - win

That’s 8 wins (squiggle said 7)
Total 14.

Last edited:
I wish I was as confident as you that we will beat lions at the G and Freo at Marvel - not sure we are playing that well at the moment and that’s some high bar to get over at the moment

That brings us back to 12 wins and in a spot of bother

As at R11, we're just 2 games outside top 4 with 11 games left.......long way to go yet!!

As at R11, we're just 2 games outside top 4 with 11 games left.......long way to go yet!!

Agree and you need to look at the runs home to really see where teams will stand.

Melbourne - Will finish top4
Brisbane - Have a tricky run but will win enough to finish top 4
Freo - 7 of their last 11 are against teams currently in the top 9. Will find out if they are the real deal or not
Saints - Probably the toughest run of them all. 8 of their 11 are against current top 9 teams.
Carlton - An average run in. 6 vs the current top 9
Geelong - 5 more games at their dump. They will probably make top 4 predominantly based on that
Sydney - Quite a nice run in. Only 5 games against the current top 9
Bulldogs - Tricky run. 7 games against top 9 teams, several of them away
Richmond - We have a good run. Only 4 more games against teams in the current top 9. 7 out of 11 at the MCG.
Collingwood - An OK run but I still think they are hot and cold. Won't make finals IMO
Suns - Nope
Port - Nope, not good enough and tough run

Reckon the top 9 will be the same top 9 by the end of the year, just depends what order. 1 of them has to miss out. Freo, Saints and Dogs with the toughest runs. Reckon top 4 will be Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong and 1 other.

We can’t make the top 4 from here. From now on, we should be aiming for 5th or 6th and a home elimination final. Hope we get lucky by drawing a Carlton, Geelong or St Kilda in a Semi Final at the MCG. Then a free hit against a Melbourne, Brisbane or Freo in a Prelim.

Last edited:
Your probably right but at the moment there are the Dees and Lions and maybe the blues if they hold form - otherwise that 4th spot is as wide open as a chook raffle run in the local pub
The Blues will not be Top 4, I'll give you a cast iron guarantee. Not now with Weitering down for at least 6 weeks.

An injury to Cripps and they may not make Top 8.

We can’t make the top 4 from here. From now on, we should be aiming for 5th or 6th and a home elimination final. Hope we get lucky by drawing a Carlton, Geelong or St Kilda in a Semi Final at the MCG. Then a free hit against a Melbourne, Brisbane or Freo in a Prelim.
Disagree. We may very well be 4th in 3 completed rounds time.

We'll need to win 2 more games and percentage than Saints and maybe Fremantle for any chance to secure 4th spot. Both have relatively tough draws for remainder of the season so you never know. Losing to the Seams is a problem. They have a pretty easy remaining draw. Realistically I think 6th is the best we can aim for.
Saints have an easy draw? You're kidding.

Apologies TL, you meant Swans.

Last edited:
TL meant Swans mate.

Agree Top 4 still there if good enough.
Oops, misread his post. Sorry TL.

15 wins and good % will do it. Reckon we will do that at a minimum.

DS
our competitiveness is a credit to the guys hearts.
the unsustainability is inevitable in a farewell tour.
the tour should be managed appropriately & isnt.
we need to see what we need.