2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I'm surprised I'm thinking this, but if Walter improves during the champs, and maybe stars against the VM cartel, he could make a few re-think that Harley Reid is No. 1 lock.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm surprised I'm thinking this, but if Walter improves during the champs, and maybe stars against the VM cartel, he could make a few re-think that Harley Reid is No. 1 lock.

More likely than not i reckon.

If im picking for richmond at pick 1 tommorow, and jed is on the open market,

I call his name

Hes kicked about 17.12 in his last 3 games and getting better every week.

The really amazing thing is, hes only 17 and on the cover of every magazine,

He'd be sort of normal if he was a self-absorbed, selfish, front runner

And yet he chases and blocks and does 1% like his life depends on it and he gives off goals he should just stick through.

His pace is what gets me. Its like shai bolton is trapped inside charlie curnows body

Ive been looking for flaws for years, but i think hes one of the most incredible juniors ive seen.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
More likely than not i reckon.

If im picking for richmond at pick 1 tommorow, and jed is on the open market,

I call his name

Hes kicked about 17.12 in his last 3 games and getting better every week.

The really amazing thing is, hes only 17 and on the cover of every magazine,

He'd be sort of normal if he was a self-absorbed, selfish, front runner

And yet he chases and blocks and does 1% like his life depends on it and he gives off goals he should just stick through.

His pace is what gets me. Its like shai bolton is trapped inside charlie curnows body

Ive been looking for flaws for years, but i think hes one of the most incredible juniors ive seen.
LOL - Reid is the best talent in the draft since Hodge. He is no.1 and daylight is no.2

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LOL - Reid is the best talent in the draft since Hodge. He is no.1 and daylight is no.2
Walter could be the best since Nick Riewoldt or Richo. I think Reid is no 1, but my point is Walter is closing the gap, and if he keeps improving he could be no. 1. Few ifs there though, still Reid at this stage, but its not LOL that Walter could be. Throw in the talls take longer factor and people will be entertaining a few thoughts.

I've seen Walter live a few times and he is a phenomenon.

Few parallels, both excelled in underage year, and both top 10 if eligible. Reid probably no 1 which is incredible.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

You clearly have never watched Walter play,

Or you wouldnt have any breath to LOL.

But no worries, you like Reid. Yay

Can any of the draft scientist answer who was the last approximate of a 197cm 93kg 17 yo running 2.8s 20m and having 10 shots on goal a week at elite level?

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I would take a very good KP forward any day of the week.
I would love Harley Reid to play on George Stevens from the Rebels ,in a one on one accountable contest .
Stevens is a first rounder ,and a bit underrated .

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
tasmania a game clear on top in the Victorian u18 comp is pretty historical

And bodes well for The Devils entry into the VAFL

Beat the footy factory from 5 goals down.

Havnt seen the fixture but assuming tassies season is a couple of games short to ensure the regulation

Sandy v Okley type VM Gf?

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
You clearly have never watched Walter play,

Or you wouldnt have any breath to LOL.

But no worries, you like Reid. Yay

Can any of the draft scientist answer who was the last approximate of a 197cm 93kg 17 yo running 2.8s 20m and having 10 shots on goal a week at elite level?
I’ve seen Walter play as have the 18 National Recruiting Managers who would all agree with me. Reid would have gone no.1 last year if he was available.

Reid has dominated against the best kids in the country. Walter is playing on rubbish each week.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I’ve seen Walter play as have the 18 National Recruiting Managers who would all agree with me. Reid would have gone no.1 last year if he was available.

Reid has dominated against the best kids in the country. Walter is playing on rubbish each week.
To repeat, I still think Reid is 1 no 1. But you obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Walter

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
What have I said about Walter exactly genius?
Playing on rubbish every week. It's objectively false for starters, and the clear implication is that he isn't that good.

But far be it for me to disagree with someone who all the national recruiting managers agree with.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Walter is playing on rubbish each week.

SA fullback is a well regarded

And the northern knights FB is no slouch

So youve laid down your hand,

And havnt even got a pair of twos

Which game of jeds did you attend?

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What’s the projected selection number for Cooper Simpson ? Can’t see too many with him in the top 20.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What have I said about Walter exactly genius?

1. Hes daylight behind Reid; and

2. All the fullbacks hes played on are rubbish; eastern ranges, vic metro, vic country, WA, SA, western jets, NT, northern knights, etc? Theres not a decent fullback in the land

your short term memory might need attention?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
1. Hes daylight behind Reid; and

2. All the fullbacks hes played on are rubbish; eastern ranges, vic metro, vic country, WA, SA, western jets, NT, northern knights, etc? Theres not a decent fullback in the land

your short term memory might need attention?
The first point is fact. Your 2nd is made up garbage. Which is somewhat consistent with your posts. My reference to rubbish was in direct response to the comment about his last 3 games. Name one of his opponents in those games who is a top 50 draft pick?

Reid on the other hand is playing against top 10 picks both in 2022 and now 2023 most weeks

You‘re out of your depth and sounding suspiciously like Bully’s burner account?

Most delusional PRE draft experts in history
1. Phantom
2. Bullus
3. Ezyt…….and rising fast

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Your 2nd is made up garbage.
What are you going on about? Are we talking about the same Jed Walter?

You do realise he's played in the NAB/ Coates league and a u18 National Champs 2022 and 2023 right? u18 AA last year as an underage draft- ineligible 17 yo KPF?

You're barking up the wrong tree, going off half cocked, mistaken, have a tenuous grasp of the facts etc.

And don't get me started on how he has achieved all this as an enemy territory second class citizen, more than half of his academy V Geelong Falcons, Eastern Rangers, Calder Cannon etc games they flew down in the morning and played the game in the arvo then flew home that night, thats just one example of many of how tough the Allies kids have it compared to the Vic golden boys. (Nothing against them personally, they can't help it if the system favours them, but it does).

Also the first point is not necessarily fact. If I'm Port and I've got the number 1 pick, and i've got JHF and Butters and Rozee, do I take Reid or perhaps the most compelling junior KPF since Richo? At the very least, you'd have a think. I would.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
What’s the projected selection number for Cooper Simpson ? Can’t see too many with him in the top 20.
Yeah probably second to third round at the moment,but like quite a few has a good champs and up the ladder he goes.
He is more a inside mid from what l have seen of him ,there seems to be quite a few of them this year.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah probably second to third round at the moment,but like quite a few has a good champs and up the ladder he goes.
He is more an inside mid from what l have seen of him ,there seems to be quite a few of them this year.
From the little I’ve seen so far, I’m seeing possible value outside the top 20 on current estimates. Will keep an eye on him…

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
From the little I’ve seen so far, I’m seeing possible value outside the top 20 on current estimates. Will keep an eye on him…
Im looking at Lachie charleson from the the Rebels ,he is good as a small forward,but also good in the midfield .
He is a good user of the ball,and a contested player.
I hope the Tigers can at least pinch a extra second round this year ,might be some decent KP types in the second round,good open draft this year.
I keep saying this ,but next year looks alright as well.

Reactions: 2 users