2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
One thing that definitely should change is the on trading of future draft picks for those who hold academy/father son picks. While it seems restrictive it would eliminate clubs cashing in on future first picks while gaining a first round f/s or academy pick the preceding year.
The Gold Coast thing gets even better, how can they do what they did & still have 3 future 1st rounders at their disposal?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Looks like the alcohol suspension on Schoenmaker made his value slide. Good luck at Moorabbin....
Was there something more than just a night on the booze at some training camp???
Kids copped a ten week suspension and gone from a potential top ten pick to just scraping in with the last couple of picks.
Surely that level of punishment translates to someone getting on the gear or porking the coaches missus, not just a lad getting on the *smile* one night.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003

Top National Draft Combine Results​

20m sprint
1st: Aiden O'Driscoll - 2.871 seconds
2nd: Will Graham - 2.915
3rd: Caleb Windsor - 2.916
4th: Lance Collard - 2.923
5th: Kane McAuliffe - 2.930
6th: Zane Zakostelsky - 2.954
7th: Phoenix Gothard - 2.963
8th: Taylor Goad - 2.965
9th: Eion McElholm - 2.993
10th: Harry DeMattia - 2.996

Standing vertical jump
1st: Zane Zakostelsky - 80cm
2nd: Will Graham, Phoenix Gothard and Mitchell Edwards - 78cm
4th: Kane McAuliffe - 77cm
5th: Darcy Wilson - 76cm
6th: Riley Hardeman - 75cm
7th: Jack Delean and Taylor Goad - 74cm
9th: Aiden O'Driscoll and Caleb Windsor - 73 cm

Running vertical jump
1st: Darcy Wilson - 98cm
2nd: Zane Duursma - 97cm
3rd: Will Graham and Kane McAuliffe - 95cm
4th: Mitchell Edwards and Zane Zakostelsky - 94cm
6th: Aiden O'Driscoll and Caleb Windsor - 92cm
8th: Riley Hardeman - 91cm
9th: Cooper Simpson - 90cm
Being a bloody good athlete is only part of the equation, being a bloody good footballer hides a multitude of athletic sins. Dunno bugger all about the kids we've picked or our strategy of loading up for next year, I'll leave that for the experts n draft followers. But I'll happily put footballers ahead of athletes every day of the week when it comes to building the team.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
There's always a reason to " keep your powder dry ". It's so you can KABOOM the *smile* out of someone when you really really need to. Not just make lots of noise n sparks coz it looks exciting.
We've had pretty much *smile* all to get excited about in regards to this years draft so we've fudged the books n loaded up the credit card to attack next years trade and draft period.
Dunno if we're any good at it, or if we'll make some deals that work out in our favour, but at least we've figured out what we want to do n how we'll go about it. Hope we get it all right n we get to grow another premiership era before I get really really old n moldy

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Caleb Windsor blowing them away on the training track at Melbourne. The poise, the time and the kicking inside 50, they couldn't be happier.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The HUN had a 2 page and 1 page spread on consecutive days. To be fair neither story was tipping the Bombers for finals. Maybe footy journos have learnt a lesson after 20 years.
Page fillers
They can't write anymore shitt on Collingwood or Dscios doing something.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Caleb Windsor blowing them away on the training track at Melbourne. The poise, the time and the kicking inside 50, they couldn't be happier.
Just wait till he has to stick his head over the ball.
When a junior footballer is described as outside, it means he won’t go and win his own ball…see Pat Naish.
Windsor will be a bust

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
A player l totally forgot about Sam Frangalas from the Dandenong Stingrays 187cm 85kg.
I reckon this boy could be a good rookie pick up,He doesn't mind the contested stuff,good in the air ,pace is quite good,kicking is indifferent ,thats were he needs to work on .

I found this footage from a game earlier in the season,l think he might have been injured during the season and missed a few games,but not entirely sure.
He’s signed on with our VFL side.

Reactions: 1 users