2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Get creative tigers and get a few nice picks in the twentys region. Good value there.

If Archie May is not getting a game in the reserves does anyone know where he is playing? Though he might be at Sandy Dragons but I have not seen him there recently (don't know his number and no commentary).

If Archie May is not getting a game in the reserves does anyone know where he is playing? Though he might be at Sandy Dragons but I have not seen him there recently (don't know his number and no commentary).
Was supposed to be at Sandy Dragons. Not sure who he plays with if not selected for Richmond VFL. I’m a big wrap

Reactions: 1 user
Reid is the hottest favorite for no.1 since Nick Riewoldt.

JHF was competing with Daicos for no.1 and some clubs would have taken Mills at no.1 over Weitering if he wasn't an academy player.

Reid is a unanimous no.1 this year and has been since Nationals last year.
Would have went no1 last year as well.

So much.

Croft, Ashcroft and Brown (father sons) the standouts.

Croft goal kicking routine awful.
Yeah Croft looks good ,and Ashcroft does a few things above the level,he's a quick thinker.
Jagga Smith is playing well for a bottom age.
They should change the name of the game to AFL handball:p

So much.

Croft, Ashcroft and Brown (father sons) the standouts.

Croft goal kicking routine awful.
But Croft gets involved for a 200 cm forward, there’s something to work with.

Dogs get another father son gift. Reckon he might end up a defender.

Moir needs to get involved more. And Watson is a star, top 5 beyond doubt.

But Croft gets involved for a 200 cm forward, there’s something to work with.

Dogs get another father son gift. Reckon he might end up a defender.

Moir needs to get involved more. And Watson is a star, top 5 beyond doubt.
Yeah the Dogs have been gifted with KP types last few years .
Has Nick Reiwoldt taken up umpiring :LOL:.

Some really good performances by some bottom agers ,Jagga Smith,Draper from SA was very good ,Smillie although he is 194cm played midfield and was good ,Jesse Dartolli was good as well.

SA really need to get a new coach,they just don't work hard enough ,to be honest l found it hard to find any SA player l would want at Richmond after this game.

Reactions: 2 users
Allies dominating WA to half time. 42 to 11. Should be at least another couple of goals up, like last week. Credit to them with their challenges with distance and prep. Aside from the Suns bankers, Jack Callinan and Riley Sanders dominant through the guts, the latter has more than a touch of the Geoff Raineses about him. KPD Connor O'Sullivan good in the backline. Tye Gander has caught the eye too, low key but effective, have a gander at him if you get the chance.

One thing I loved, Walter took a mark 30-odd out and stupidly played on, Richo-style, got caught and free to them. 2 players come in and 'let him know about it', my pet hate, while he's prone on the ground. Ump reverses it. Goal JW. Well done ump.

The Vics will be cursing they didn't schedule Allies first up before they had any chance to gell you'd think. :cool:

edit, Charlie McCormack is catching the eye too. Perfect foil for Walter. Not many possies but flying and clunking and goaling. Arms like 2 giant testicles. Walter running all over the ground taking marks, playing on, missing goals, 2 goals 3 and a couple Out on the full. McCormack 3m 3k 3g

3 QT allies 11 10 76
WA 2 8 20

4th Q. Walters mark at CHF, spears to McCormack FF, takes a speccy. Exciting footy. 4m (all speccys) 4k 4goals.

Allies 74 points up

Allies by 88 points
allies 16 12 108
WA 2 8 20

WA had no answers. Allies chock full of 1st and second round prospects McKercher, Sanders, Rogers, Callinan, O'Sullivan, Walter, Read, McCormack, Gander. For WA, not much, Van Rooyan looked OK. Few players looked OK for short periods. Not much chop, terrible performance really.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Allies dominating WA to half time. 42 to 11. Should be at least another couple of goals up, like last week. Credit to them with their challenges with distance and prep. Aside from the Suns bankers, Jack Callinan and Riley Sanders dominant through the guts, the latter has more than a touch of the Geoff Raineses about him. KPD Connor O'Sullivan good in the backline. Tye Gander has caught the eye too, low key but effective, have a gander at him if you get the chance.

One thing I loved, Walter took a mark 30-odd out and stupidly played on, Richo-style, got caught and free to them. 2 players come in and 'let him know about it', my pet hate, while he's prone on the ground. Ump reverses it. Goal JW. Well done ump.

The Vics will be cursing they didn't schedule Allies first up before they had any chance to gell you'd think. :cool:

edit, Charlie McCormack is catching the eye too. Perfect foil for Walter. Not many possies but flying and clunking and goaling. Arms like 2 giant testicles. Walter running all over the ground taking marks, playing on, missing goals, 2 goals 3 and a couple Out on the full. McCormack 3m 3k 3g

3 QT allies 11 10 76
WA 2 8 20

4th Q. Walters mark at CHF, spears to McCormack FF, takes a speccy. Exciting footy. 4m (all speccys) 4k 4goals.

Allies 74 points up

Allies by 88 points
allies 16 12 108
WA 2 8 20

WA had no answers. Allies chock full of 1st and second round prospects McKercher, Sanders, Rogers, Callinan, O'Sullivan, Walter, Read, McCormack, Gander. For WA, not much, Van Rooyan looked OK. Few players looked OK for short periods. Not much chop, terrible performance really.

The VC v VM 'grandfinal' is gonna be awkward if Allies beat them both, which is looking likely.

Reactions: 1 users
Twomey mentioned if Suns make the finals, they only get access to 2 and not 3 of their Academy hotshots. Wasn't aware of that, maybe because I've never seriously considered them making finals, also said 'there are ways around it'.

Also said he has Ethan Read in his top 10 or 12.

• Wow

3 QT allies 11 10 76
WA 2 8 20

Allies 74 points up

Allies by 88 points
allies 16 12 108
WA 2 8 20

Must draft Van Rooyan.
We can’t afford to miss him again

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Twomey mentioned if Suns make the finals, they only get access to 2 and not 3 of their Academy hotshots. Wasn't aware of that, maybe because I've never seriously considered them making finals, also said 'there are ways around it'.

Also said he has Ethan Read in his top 10 or 12.
walter at 2 and reid at 10 is a heap of points.

What an amazing jag to have maybe the 2 best talls in the world in your academy in one year?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users