2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
#8 Sam Frangalas

The always explosive Frangalas again went to work in his typical midfield-forward role, breaking into attack at pace while also using his speed to close in on opponents. A goal evaded him on Friday, though not for a lack of trying as the top-ager hit the post from a long-range set shot on the less-favoured boundary for a right footer. He used his power to hit Gippsland hard and attempted to be neater by foot, albeit if not always pinpoint.

Here's some notes from the weekend, as an over aged draftee he'll need to build on the overall production, last season was 16 touches & a goal, probably the same type of role as Judson but maybe lacking the polish.
Father son?
Gary played 300 games for us

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Nah it’s too annoying seeing all the guns that GWS will be picking from with our pick. If thet pick ends up being top 5 then Fartley and co should be sacked
Kongy don't stress little brother, let the Giants and sun's warm them up and we will take them from the oven when they are ready.
We would *smile* the pick down the drain anyway man.
Geelong stooge us and they get Holmes. The year we go and use our pick we waste it on Brown. I'm better then Brown.
We would select a outside butterfly that dosent go near the ball but at least he comes from a good school and he has a great family too.
We can't draft Kong.
That's why we're not challenging this year.
At least 7 spots in our best 22 should be filled by
'The wasted picks'
Ellis x2, Dow, Collier Dawkins, Higgins, Lennon, Coleman Jones. All quality under 25 picks.
Even when we do trade them we get shiit back. We aren't even compensated for the duds.
This is the bit that gets me angry.
We give away chol. Geelong wouldve got 2 1st rounders for him.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Charlie Naish - 23p, 9 marks and 2 goals on the weekend. Expect him to make the Vic Metro squad now and could push in the top 25 or 30 picks the way he is tracking

Danjam

Tiger Cub
Oct 16, 2022
Charlie Naish - 23p, 9 marks and 2 goals on the weekend. Expect him to make the Vic Metro squad now and could push in the top 25 or 30 picks the way he is tracking
Do you know what position he was playing Kong? I’m hoping he’s going to start playing through the midfield to build his contested game.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Do you know what position he was playing Kong? I’m hoping he’s going to start playing through the midfield to build his contested game.
He was playing forward but expect he got some midfield minutes this week. Article in the HS but subscriber only

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Kano reckons we burnt our future.
I bet pick 40 is a star.
Considering we got Hopper & Tarranto. We have good picks 20230417_231645.jpg

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The only future Karen should be worried about is hers. A genuine hater that will be turfed soon given his brand Is starting to smell worse than a King Street alley at 3am

Last edited:
  • Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Is he from the same Academy Quaynooor is from??
Have we got an Academy? because if we do it's like Police Academy 2.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Our recruiting staff requested our academy zone which has produced zero, nada, zip. It had Simpkin and Ratatouille the year before the zones came in. Another brilliant decision by this team of geniuses. Meanwhile the Saints get a couple of guns every year

azzatiger

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2021
Charlie Naish with 23 disposals, 9 marks, 6 inside 50s and 2 goals in Northern Knights win over Gold Coast Suns Academy on the weekend

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Going to watch the AFL Academy and Port game tonight. The kids got close.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
Kongy don't stress little brother, let the Giants and sun's warm them up and we will take them from the oven when they are ready.
We would *smile* the pick down the drain anyway man.
Geelong stooge us and they get Holmes. The year we go and use our pick we waste it on Brown. I'm better then Brown.
We would select a outside butterfly that dosent go near the ball but at least he comes from a good school and he has a great family too.
We can't draft Kong.
That's why we're not challenging this year.
At least 7 spots in our best 22 should be filled by
'The wasted picks'
Ellis x2, Dow, Collier Dawkins, Higgins, Lennon, Coleman Jones. All quality under 25 picks.
Even when we do trade them we get shiit back. We aren't even compensated for the duds.
This is the bit that gets me angry.
We give away chol. Geelong wouldve got 2 1st rounders for him.
I think we are a bit harsh on Brown.
While he doesn’t look good at the moment, with a bit more size and an injury free run he might turn out to be the Vlastin replacement.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I think Port only did what they had to,l think the champs will be a decent guide as usual .
I've watched a bit of Coates stuff and Ryley Sanders has really impressed me. Body Shape is completely different. He might be a bit too bulky now. But he has time with the footy and is a great user. At 186cm 85kg, he's a good size already.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hoping Harley Reid drops to 36.
Time to start the smear campaign on the kid, similar to how Collingwood, Essington and West have done previously.

Its gonna have to be the greatest ever to get the kid to our first pick :mhihi

• Haha

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I've watched a bit of Coates stuff and Ryley Sanders has really impressed me. Body Shape is completely different. He might be a bit too bulky now. But he has time with the footy and is a great user. At 186cm 85kg, he's a good size already.
I have been looking at KP'S more this year,l really like Riley weatherill 195cm 87kg from the Eastern Ranges .
He doesn't turn 18 till around the end of the year,he looks quite good.
Logan Morris from the Western Jets looks good to,but he is 192cm strong mark though.
Plenty of mid types this year ,l got footage of the Rebels and stingrays match on Sunday.

I have a Bromance with Sam Lalor ,l want him at Richmond next year,at the moment he's 186cm 78kg,he's still 16 doesn't turn 17 till August.
He is a inside-out beast ,good over head ,pace is quite good,,this kid is going to be good.
joel freijah kicked 7 goals he's 189cm wing/hf type with good pace and kicking ,although he did get a bit of contested ball,he is usually more outside,but looks above average.
Both play for the Rebels

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Time to start the smear campaign on the kid, similar to how Collingwood, Essington and West have done previously.

Its gonna have to be the greatest ever to get the kid to our first pick :mhihi
Just give a short back and sides treatment.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I have been looking at KP'S more this year,l really like Riley weatherill 195cm 87kg from the Eastern Ranges .
He doesn't turn 18 till around the end of the year,he looks quite good.
Logan Morris from the Western Jets looks good to,but he is 192cm strong mark though.
Plenty of mid types this year ,l got footage of the Rebels and stingrays match on Sunday.
As far as KP's and rucks go, I'm very keen on Connor O'Sullivan so far. Real footballer, smart, mobile and can go forward. 198cm. On the watch list. He really stood out to me in the academy game, times his leap so well to spoil. And apparently has spent time in the midfield at NAB level.

And Will Green, look like a giraffe but is surprisingly mobile and smart. Tap work was good. On the list as well.