2023 Draft Thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Draft Thread.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Do we need more Flankers ,we have a few coming up in the VFL ,and add Naish as another Flanker type .
I will be interested to see how Archie May goes in the VFL ,if he does well he could be a mid season Draft chance.
Archie May is 199cm ,l remember a few on here wondering how tall he is .

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
He's in the VFL Reserves side for tonight's game man

The Tigers have handed debuts to Coates Talent League top-agers Archie May (Sandringham Dragons) and Luke Teal (Oakleigh Charges), plus VAFA product Ben Bilston-McGillen and Tooradin-Dalmore’s Lewis Hill.

CARLTON vs RICHMOND​

Friday 14 April, 7:05pm, IKON Park

RICHMOND
B:
J. Nathan (65), M. El Nour (57), J. Bauer (43)
HB: M. Clohesy (76)*, T. Bracher (74), G. McDonagh (53)
C: A. Johnson (51), L. Street (55), S. Banks (41)
HF: W. Bravo (70), B. Cooper (78), S. Green (48)
F: J. Trezise (68), T. Brindley (61), L. Johnson (59)
R: A. May (71), T. Dow (27), C. Olden (58)
INT: L. Teal (66), M. Faimalo (64), F. Elliot (67), L. Hill (81), B. Bilston-McGillen (82)
EMG: M. Yassine (80)

IN: B. Bilston-McGillen, W. Bravo, B. Cooper, T. Dow, M. Faimalo, L. Hill, A. May, L. Teal
OUT: K.Bradtke (hand), B.Miller (AFL), B.Nyuon (ankle), M.Rioli (AFL), J.Ross (AFL), R.Tarrant (hip), A. Hicks, M.Yassine
NEW: Ben Bilston-McGillen, 20, Old Xaverians; Lewis Hill, 21, Tooradin-Dalmore; Archie May, 18, Old Brighton/Sandringham Dragons; Luke Teal, 18, Old Trinity/Oakleigh Chargers

*23rd player

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He's in the VFL Reserves side for tonight's game man

The Tigers have handed debuts to Coates Talent League top-agers Archie May (Sandringham Dragons) and Luke Teal (Oakleigh Charges), plus VAFA product Ben Bilston-McGillen and Tooradin-Dalmore’s Lewis Hill.

CARLTON vs RICHMOND​

Friday 14 April, 7:05pm, IKON Park

RICHMOND
B:
J. Nathan (65), M. El Nour (57), J. Bauer (43)
HB: M. Clohesy (76)*, T. Bracher (74), G. McDonagh (53)
C: A. Johnson (51), L. Street (55), S. Banks (41)
HF: W. Bravo (70), B. Cooper (78), S. Green (48)
F: J. Trezise (68), T. Brindley (61), L. Johnson (59)
R: A. May (71), T. Dow (27), C. Olden (58)
INT: L. Teal (66), M. Faimalo (64), F. Elliot (67), L. Hill (81), B. Bilston-McGillen (82)
EMG: M. Yassine (80)

IN: B. Bilston-McGillen, W. Bravo, B. Cooper, T. Dow, M. Faimalo, L. Hill, A. May, L. Teal
OUT: K.Bradtke (hand), B.Miller (AFL), B.Nyuon (ankle), M.Rioli (AFL), J.Ross (AFL), R.Tarrant (hip), A. Hicks, M.Yassine
NEW: Ben Bilston-McGillen, 20, Old Xaverians; Lewis Hill, 21, Tooradin-Dalmore; Archie May, 18, Old Brighton/Sandringham Dragons; Luke Teal, 18, Old Trinity/Oakleigh Chargers

*23rd player
Young side

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Young side
Yeah 13 injuries or out gives a few extras to get a run, give them a chance to show what they've got with at least 7 midseason spots to date up for grabs.

But the start time - tonight at 7.05pm tonight, Tiges Seniors at 8.10pm. Why? :bash:sneaky:

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Where did you hear that from?
I read somewhere ( and posted the link ) that he was only 195cm

No. 71 Archie May
27/8/2004, 195cm, 90kg

A former rower and Brighton Grammar graduate, May is a raw but athletic ruckman with plenty of upside. He follows up his work at ground level and loves to throw his weight around with aggression.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-06-at-1.14.58-pm.png

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I remember Gary dominating at Kardinia Park a few decades ago, clunked everything in his path, a decent footballer with excellent anticipation.
Yeah I liked Franga back in the bad days. Do you know what his son's like?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah I liked Franga back in the bad days. Do you know what his son's like?
#8 Sam Frangalas

The always explosive Frangalas again went to work in his typical midfield-forward role, breaking into attack at pace while also using his speed to close in on opponents. A goal evaded him on Friday, though not for a lack of trying as the top-ager hit the post from a long-range set shot on the less-favoured boundary for a right footer. He used his power to hit Gippsland hard and attempted to be neater by foot, albeit if not always pinpoint.

Here's some notes from the weekend, as an over aged draftee he'll need to build on the overall production, last season was 16 touches & a goal, probably the same type of role as Judson but maybe lacking the polish.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Where did you hear that from?
I read somewhere ( and posted the link ) that he was only 195cm

No. 71 Archie May
27/8/2004, 195cm, 90kg

A former rower and Brighton Grammar graduate, May is a raw but athletic ruckman with plenty of upside. He follows up his work at ground level and loves to throw his weight around with aggression.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-06-at-1.14.58-pm.png
MayArcher27/08/2004199Old Brighton
This is from the Dragons 2023 team list.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
#8 Sam Frangalas

The always explosive Frangalas again went to work in his typical midfield-forward role, breaking into attack at pace while also using his speed to close in on opponents. A goal evaded him on Friday, though not for a lack of trying as the top-ager hit the post from a long-range set shot on the less-favoured boundary for a right footer. He used his power to hit Gippsland hard and attempted to be neater by foot, albeit if not always pinpoint.

Here's some notes from the weekend, as an over aged draftee he'll need to build on the overall production, last season was 16 touches & a goal, probably the same type of role as Judson but maybe lacking the polish.
Did you get that from that Rookie site,,they call them overage and they are not .

What's Sam Franger... like?
Only from what l remember from last year ,he is a bit of a scrapper and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty,he isn't bad over head ,not bad pace.
The only thing is he most likely would be a flanker at AFL level.
Im going to the country round on Sunday there's 3 matches ,he's playing one of them so l will see if he's improved or not.

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Nah it’s too annoying seeing all the guns that GWS will be picking from with our pick. If thet pick ends up being top 5 then Fartley and co should be sacked
I did watch it,it wasn't a bad match ,a few Afl player's in the Port side.
I didn't get the feeling of a super draft from the Academy player's ,as usual there where standouts ,Harley reid,,Watson,Darcy Wilson ,Mckercher,l thought where among the better player's .
I was going to the country Round today,but it's pouring where l am ,has been all morning ,first time l have missed it in 10 years.
At least l can get some footage of the games.

Danjam

Tiger Cub
Oct 16, 2022
CF8FC38D-139B-436E-8436-C4261F208D48.png
Naish with 23 disposals and 2 goals over the weekend. Think he is playing a more half forward role at the moment but hopefully they can push him up to play more through the midfield.