2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns!

How do you review the finals series? Port and Melb must be considered the big failures. Saints didn’t fire a shot. Sydney I could care less. Carlton and GWS I reckon can hold their heads high.

Overall its been the poorest quality finals series I can remember.

Reactions: 2 users
Bundaberg wife wrapped with Lions GF. Look forward to getting another laminated Wegg poster.

Not fussed who wins , it ain’t us so really don’t care . Don’t mind the Fly led Pies , like it or not but the Pies are as close a club to us as any and not just by postcode .

Though the Lions supporters have the greatest amount of theatre goers in the game ,they do still have the poor old FitzRoy supporters , however they do have Zorko and Cameron .

Should be a close game , have a feel it might be one sided though , NFI which team though :))
I'm the same.
Have to admire most of the Pies team and their team ethos.
Brisbane always seem to be up themselves before theyve achieved.
De goey and Cox vs zorko cameron daniher

Reactions: 1 users
So far the way games have been played this Granny should be played same day as a curtain raiser to the NRL. Very little difference IMO.

Hate both sides, but will be going for Brisbane because Maynard, and I've got a few good Brisbane mates who are going with their kids and they were happy for me when the Tiges won, the first 2 at least :))

I think they win for the following reasons.

Brisbane have had 2 emphatic, clinical finals wins, you could say the scoreline flattered the loser in both. Collingwood have stumbled over the line in 2 low-scoring affairs, and I'd argue the opposition was unlucky to lose in both.
Brisbane have a classic textbook forward line, a huge KF, a big mobile KF, and good crumbers and flankers. Big forwards win flags. And also Collingwood haven't had to deal with a real forward line yet, and have still struggled. And the nearest thing Collingwood has to a real KF is out injured.
The MCG hoodoo factor, I don't think its much of a factor, sometimes things reach a threshold where it become irrelevant, Brisbane beat Melbourne in a final there last season, and the shackles are off.
The players won't have to put up with those stupid post-goal songs that are way past their use-by date even if you are stupid enough to think they were OK at any point.

The only thing in Collingwood's favour is the 'noise of affirmation' but I don't think it will be a major factor. The noise will be major and they'll milk a few iffy frees, but won't influence the game.

Brisbane by 22 points.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm the same.
Have to admire most of the Pies team and their team ethos.
Brisbane always seem to be up themselves before theyve achieved.
De goey and Cox vs zorko cameron daniher
Breath of fresh air the Pies ..... team first, caring and all the other good stuff.... I wish we had of done that a few years ago... who knows what we would have achieved!

Ps... the very thought of that *smile* Cox winning a flag is beyond horrifying.... they'll probably ask Biden to invite him to the Whitehouse!

Reactions: 3 users
If the unthinkable should happen and Collingwood wins we can take some comfort from the fact that their last three flags took them 65 years To win. Our last three took four years.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Related to the GF but not the match itself. I read on some sites that ticketek are up to their usual *smile* standards. Some Collingwood members that have a grand final guarantee membership ( like myself with the Tigers) have missed out on a ticket for the game despite following all the procedures. If that happened to me I would be ropeable and want to sue them for everything their worth. You would think with an almost monopoly on ticketing and doing the grand final year after year, that they would at least get this right.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep just reading the same Lo2017 , besides their site crashes every time there’s more then 50 people trying to get tickets , this utter *smile* system of seating is disgusting and absolutely disgraceful for the members who fork out significant money to buy the right to been guaranteed one a grand final seat , two a half decent one .

Now I don5 have a lot of coin, however I choose to put money into the football club sacrificing other things , again that’s my choice and I’m more then happy with what I get in return from the football club , however the AFL and Tiketek can get *smile* in how they *smile* on the loyal members of footy clubs , yet they’d much rather look after Johnny come lately‘s , yes it’s the way the modern world is , however I don’t have to like it.

I was lucky enough to get a seat only a few rows from the fence in 2017 , however in 2019 a group of us who tallied around the 200 years membership and about 20k for the year ended up in the nose bleeds …yes yes happy to have been there , however its Just a *smile* system .

Rant over until our next GF

Yep just reading the same Lo2017 , besides their site crashes every time there’s more then 50 people trying to get tickets , this utter *smile* system of seating is disgusting and absolutely disgraceful for the members who fork out significant money to buy the right to been guaranteed one a grand final seat , two a half decent one .

Now I don5 have a lot of coin, however I choose to put money into the football club sacrificing other things , again that’s my choice and I’m more then happy with what I get in return from the football club , however the AFL and Tiketek can get *smile* in how they *smile* on the loyal members of footy clubs , yet they’d much rather look after Johnny come lately‘s , yes it’s the way the modern world is , however I don’t have to like it.

I was lucky enough to get a seat only a few rows from the fence in 2017 , however in 2019 a group of us who tallied around the 200 years membership and about 20k for the year ended up in the nose bleeds …yes yes happy to have been there , however its Just a *smile* system .

Just chalk it up as another McLachlan legacy item.... a *smile* disgrace!
No doubt the site is always in tip top shape when the rush comes for the Polo@Portsea hit out!

Reactions: 2 users

Similar experience to me with the 2 gran finals I got to. 2017, 3 rows from the front, behin the points and next to the cheer squad. 2019, 8 rows from the back in the ponsford stand

Related to the GF but not the match itself. I read on some sites that ticketek are up to their usual *smile* standards. Some Collingwood members that have a grand final guarantee membership ( like myself with the Tigers) have missed out on a ticket for the game despite following all the procedures. If that happened to me I would be ropeable and want to sue them for everything their worth. You would think with an almost monopoly on ticketing and doing the grand final year after year, that they would at least get this right.

Words are not enough to describe the incompetence of both Ticketek and TicketMaster. They are both terrible at selling tickets, *smile* useless.

I feel for the Collingwood Members, this simply should not happen.

DS

Can’t believe saying this but prefer pies to win, there are a handful of Brisbane players I cannot stand such as Hipwood, Cameron, Daniher and Rayner.

Reactions: 1 user