2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns!

Coll pressure has been off the charts , only matched by gws , reckon they’ll hold lions at arms length all day , love to be wrong , I’m 100% so far this final series

Similar experience to me with the 2 gran finals I got to. 2017, 3 rows from the front, behin the points and next to the cheer squad. 2019, 8 rows from the back in the ponsford stand
We were seated next to the pies cheer squad in 2019. Lowlight experience that one.

Reactions: 1 user
Coll pressure has been off the charts , only matched by gws , reckon they’ll hold lions at arms length all day , love to be wrong , I’m 100% so far this final series
You may be right but I just have an aversion to all things Collingwood and their entitlement so now GWS is out, I will be going for the Lions

The best way I can think about it is this.

I get to watch either Brisbane or Collingwood lose a grand final.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Agree with prev post, ticketek are incompetent gouging arseholes.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty filthy GWS couldn't get up, the only team I could tolerate winning the big dance out of the last 4 teams remaining.
I hate Brissy but not as much as scumwood obviously. Ughhh

Reactions: 3 users
I’m just thankful we’re not getting a Blues - Pies GF. That would have shortened my life.
At 1/4 time last night I was contemplating booking a caravan for next weekend - on the basis that it had to be in a remote location that had absolutely no TV/radio or internet reception.

• Haha
Related to the GF but not the match itself. I read on some sites that ticketek are up to their usual *smile* standards. Some Collingwood members that have a grand final guarantee membership ( like myself with the Tigers) have missed out on a ticket for the game despite following all the procedures. If that happened to me I would be ropeable and want to sue them for everything their worth. You would think with an almost monopoly on ticketing and doing the grand final year after year, that they would at least get this right.
Not a 100% sure but I think it was mentioned that they'd ticked off the no standing box on the applications for tickets. The AFL only allows for 17000 tickets per competing club which is only a third of the total stadium capacity.
For the Granny, Tickytick or whatever it is random allocate the admission so you could cop $500 seats or you could cop standing room, if you've ticked the no standing option you've automatically restricted your options by probably a couple of thousand tickets, which is a recipe for disaster.
AFLHQ, corporates n sponsors get all the premium seating as the club members are nothing more than annoying *smile* kickers who should be grateful that they are offered anything at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
the only thing that would've been interesting about a Pies v Blues GF ...

watching the 2 most appalling sets of supporters go at it after the game when one of them had lost ..

Club allegiances aside, this Ticketek balls-up is an unforgivable disgrace.

Here are people forking out a grand a year or so for a membership with the perk of priority access to GF tickets, and the other end of the deal hasn't been upheld.

The worse thing is there's really nothing they can do about it, but surely there's grounds to call in the ACCC here.

Reactions: 3 users
Gill stayed on an extra season to tie up loose ends.
This might be the last bit he needs to fix for big Ed

If Brisbane lose on weekend they need to sack the peanut that went after Beams.
Because they gave Collingwood Degoey with pick 5 and the steak knives Crisp.

Club allegiances aside, this Ticketek balls-up is an unforgivable disgrace.

Here are people forking out a grand a year or so for a membership with the perk of priority access to GF tickets, and the other end of the deal hasn't been upheld.

The worse thing is there's really nothing they can do about it, but surely there's grounds to call in the ACCC here.
Agree. I hope they sue, but there is probably fine print that says 'paying for a guaranteed GF seat does not guarantee that you will get a GF seat'. There was a congressional inquiry into market control/ monopoly practises, gouging of artists, venues and fans by Ticketmaster in the USA recently.

I think I'm actually, reluctantly going to have to go for Scumwood in this one. Hate the club but fond of Fly and this is their least unlikeable group of players in a while (with obvious exceptions), and this Brisbane team have been big-headed and ahead of themselves for a number of years now. You'd need to widen the race at the MCG to get them off the ground if they win

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users