2023 Women's World Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Women's World Cup

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Spanish saga just weirder with Rubiales's mother going on a hunger strike over her son's 'inhumane' treatment

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Chickens coming home to roost in Spain in a good way.

Still amazed they shut out 15 players and still won the World Cup.

Of the 15, only 3 did decide to go to the World Cup. I think 4 more turned down their offers to join the squad, the other 8 weren't selected. They were some of Spains best players,

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Of the 15, only 3 did decide to go to the World Cup. I think 4 more turned down their offers to join the squad, the other 8 weren't selected. They were some of Spains best players,

The 3 that went were their best players, the 4 that chose not to go would have been chosen. I think the other 8 not being selected is a fair guide of where they sit in the Spanish squad. The 15 has been overblown IMO, it was essentially 4 (still a fair few) but similar to other teams that couldn't take players due to injury.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, not going to quibble about who would and would not have made it but what is clear is the Spanish federation and the senior coach have major problems, and a major cultural issue. It looks like Rubiales will go following pressure from UEFA. Wilda is staying on for now.

Bizarre situation all round.