2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
A 186 cm, 84kg Jagga Smillie would be great Bungal. Get to it. Thanks.
Sam Lalor simple as that,he's going to be a top player.
Zak Johnson from the knights is someone we should look at with our second first rounder(when we get it} and his team mate Jesse Dartolli is another really good type

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Zak Johnson from the knights is someone we should look at with our second first rounder(when we get it} and his team mate Jesse Dartolli is another really good type
Welcome to the Zak Fan Club, bt.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
NGA is like dumpster diving, or panning for gold on someone else's claim.

while Sydney have exclusive access to the most well fed strip of the most populous state in the country.

people wonder why the swans academy punches about it weight? numbers, geography and protein.

GWS have to cover 5 times the area per kid.

Gold Coast and Brisbane have half the kids.

Sydneys set up is akin to Richmond and Collingwood having exclusive access to Vic metro.

not to mention them and Geelong starting each season on 48 points

rort

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
He really needs to beef up,he has all the athletic traits ,might make a key back if he can put on 10kg plus ,,,he certainly is a project type but by the sounds of things has started the year well.
This is from his Pioneers coach.

Zaydyn Lockwood, South Bendigo

A developing tall with a great work rate. Can read the ball really well and is a great mark. He’s going to catch the eye.
David Bourke says hello :ROFLMAO:

YeOldeTiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2020
Far Side of the Moon
Rightly or wrongly, our club takes best available over list requirements it seems.
Clarke and his team rank every player from 1-100 and is on record saying that our first round pick is normally best available. Think there’s overlap but Blair’s more focused on recruiting players to fill list needs.
So think it’s Clarke who made the Brown call

I saw his underage year live. imposing and prolific, but I had slight man-child concerns and a bit RCD triggered.

but I was probably wrong.

I might have said it in passing, but watched Leo Lombard on Saturday (GCS academy).

prototype modern footballer - tank, speed, tough, agile. zings around like a pin ball.

Will be in the conversation for No.1 im pretty sure. Then GC get him for a bag of mixed junk.

I'm certain Dimma would select him in the seniors next week if he could.

his last two VFL games have been a premiership (at 16), then midfield time and 28 quality disposals (17)
The good thing is we have a bag of mixed junk picks to give GC. We need to do everything we can to turn our 9 picks into two early first rounders and a couple of spec pics for sliders.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Exactly my picks. Lalor. Johnson. Trainor.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The good thing is we have a bag of mixed junk picks to give GC. We need to do everything we can to turn our 9 picks into two early first rounders and a couple of spec pics for sliders.

GC have even more junk picks than us this year,

they'll just keep accumulating and kicking them down the road, until the Academy is thin, and cash em in.

The points and bidding system needs an overhaul.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
GC have even more junk picks than us this year,

they'll just keep accumulating and kicking them down the road, until the Academy is thin, and cash em in.

it's all under review atm, given we are about to cash in on the system there's no surer way to get things changed

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
FFS eZyT. At least wait until after this years trade n draft before demanding an overhaul. We've at least got a players hand for this year. Don't go inviting those AFL arseholes to intervene before we've even made an opening bid.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
never laid eyes on him, but his numbers certainly suggest so
He is the best bottom age midfielder l have ever seen at the Rebels,maybe the best midfielder from the Rebels ever.
Brad Crouch was a excellent bottom ager,but was a pure midfielder,Lalor will be good in all positions he plays,,think Bartel,Hodge.

• Love
  • Wow

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He is the best bottom age midfielder l have ever seen at the Rebels,maybe the best midfielder from the Rebels ever.
Brad Crouch was a excellent bottom ager,but was a pure midfielder,Lalor will be good in all positions he plays,,think Bartel,Hodge.

As good as Kane McCaullife? :cool: