2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

haven't the AFL just 'floated' this idea to the clubs? maybe not set in stone ... ?

anyway, it's as dumb as dog poop
So, one day a mate nagged me to play cricket in the backyard for over an hour, when it was over 40 degrees. Eventually I gave in when he said I could bat first. I was so pissed I hit the ball, made of tissues and tape, straight through my neighbours window. Their adult kids laughed, my mate went home for me to take the wrap.
Then the neighbours kids gave me an idea. Mum had not long started work. They said to go to her work (localise n chip shop) and tell her face to face what I did.
Benefit 1) she can't yet at me whilst working
Benefit 2) it gave her a lot of time to calm down before facing the reality of the situation.

Would you believe me if I said one of those kids must have moved into AFL fixturing?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If I didn't have a Gold AFL membership that basically guarantees a GF ticket each year, I'd cancel the damn thing and the AFL would be lucky to see another cent out of me. I too have had them.

But alas, the bastards have me in a bind. Grand final tickets are hard to come by for most generally, but my current membership situation removes any potential headache if the Blues ever make it again in my lifetime, with it set up to be exceptionally easy for me to get there.

The wait list for Gold is also said to have blown out to maybe 15 years now as well.

I also enjoy going to the GF each year so it's not all bad, but lining the AFL's deep pockets to do so leaves a bit of a sour taste.
I have the guaranteed GF ticket with my Richmond membership and if I didn't love the Tiges so much I would tell the afl to stick it up their arse, they know us club loyalists will stick fat so penalize us without fear. i hate the afl administration with a passion

Reactions: 6 users
So, one day a mate nagged me to play cricket in the backyard for over an hour, when it was over 40 degrees. Eventually I gave in when he said I could bat first. I was so pissed I hit the ball, made of tissues and tape, straight through my neighbours window. Their adult kids laughed, my mate went home for me to take the wrap.
Then the neighbours kids gave me an idea. Mum had not long started work. They said to go to her work (localise n chip shop) and tell her face to face what I did.
Benefit 1) she can't yet at me whilst working
Benefit 2) it gave her a lot of time to calm down before facing the reality of the situation.

Would you believe me if I said one of those kids must have moved into AFL fixturing?
No benefit from my parents in these situations General...."get back in your room and don't come out!!!" :mhihi

Our cricket balls were a tennis ball full of hard gray tape feeling heavy and it stung when hit on the skin.

Here is an idea

Home
Away
Home
Away
Home
Away

last years fixture sucked and it looks like this years will too

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’m gonna say that this will happen as the afl wish to ambush both Qld and nsw with nrl all in Las Vegas. We will still play blues when real stuff starts the next week a similar start a few years ago seemed to suck the oxygen from the normal huge bulls up and this would be guaranteed 90k given blues form ,,,just on GC , it may be a good time to play them first up while still adjusting to dimmas game plan

so ten teams have a bye in round one and all teams play in round 2.When will one be able to look at the league ladder confidently knowing the true position of a team?
The brains trust haven’t thought of that , would appear we have a few ex public servants now at afl house

I have the guaranteed GF ticket with my Richmond membership and if I didn't love the Tiges so much I would tell the afl to stick it up their arse, they know us club loyalists will stick fat so penalize us without fear. i hate the afl administration with a passion

The irony of this is that a lot of the people who are in this situation are the older rusted on supporters. Once they get too old to go to the footy, let their memberships lapse, who will be left for the AFL to take for granted?

DS

If the AFL have floated it publicly then it will happen. Just softening for the rest of the abomination they will release later.
We will still outnumber the Suns fans.

On a side note, their cheer squad is the most unusual conglomeration of football supporters I have seen. Half the cheer squad of mums and teenage kids disappeared for two thirds of the game I went to this past season against Brisbane. It was weird. They all came back when they “got lucky” winning free pies for their section. Then they disappeared again. They were pretty fierce about protecting their allocation of pies when a number of punters tried to infiltrate their area. A grandad got dragged for telling a kid to sit down a bit too aggressively. Strange vibe, but oh so GC.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
The irony of this is that a lot of the people who are in this situation are the older rusted on supporters. Once they get too old to go to the footy, let their memberships lapse, who will be left for the AFL to take for granted?

DS
The avocado-on-toast crowd, which, unless it involves themselves and social media, have attention spans of goldfish.

• Haha
Will our fans even bother to make the trip? The mid winter escape to the Goldie to get some sun and some footy always appeals. Just like a beer at the Cricketers on a sunny autumn Thursday afternoon before facing the Blues in round 1.

The AFL is assuming we will make the trip. I’m not so sure.

Opening the season at a a half empty Metricon, possibly in the rain. Crap tv spectacle. Why.

Will our fans even bother to make the trip? The mid winter escape to the Goldie to get some sun and some footy always appeals. Just like a beer at the Cricketers on a sunny autumn Thursday afternoon before facing the Blues in round 1.

The AFL is assuming we will make the trip. I’m not so sure.

Opening the season at a a half empty Metricon, possibly in the rain. Crap tv spectacle. Why.
I'll be going but I do live on the Goldy. The thing is like every Richmond game on the Goldy it will be 70-80% Tiger supporters.
I reckon our boys will be pumped and hopefully throw a few "new toys" around.

New toys versus old toys?
Ya just know the AFL media machine are gonna luv it!
These sort of beat ups *smile* me about the AFL. I dont mind them making sure we play the Pies or Carlton twice, and the Pies play Essendon, and the intra state games happen twice. They are true rivalries that matter. Us v the Suns is not a rivalry and them having our old coach doesnt make it one. It would be a rubbish rd 1 game IMO.

But they should probably do away with Rich v Carl rd 1- I think it is great, but they look for an excuse every 2nd year to play someone else first anyway.