2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

Talking of swing, did you guys tape up the whole ball or only half the ball?
The whole ball. 3 layers of duck tape.....my Dad got pissed off when he saw the roll nearly finished in his workshop....:mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I see from the Hun that we will be playing on the Gold Coast on the long weekend March 8-10 “Opening Round”.
What a great spectacle that’ll be, chasing a bar of soap around in the humid rain in yet another AFL genius marketing move to generate interest in their Made For Tv team.
And will likely be a bruising lead up into the following weeks Blues clash.
On paper, not a great help for our new coach.
Yep. Humidity galore.

Very very sneaky!
Back in rhe late 80's fresh back in Australia I got involved in a pretty serious indoor cricket competition.
Being in 1st division we'd get the balls new. The lesser grades got them used.
The new balls would swing prolifically. Some of them had very high seams, so you could get it swinging either way very easily, just with seam angle.
We had half the Carlton district cricket team playing for us, plus one of the aussie fast bowlers fresh back from the South African rebel tour.
Was a lot of fun, but with game times as late as half 10 start at night, it was hard to be doing that and backing up for work in the city when you had to be on a train by half 6 or 7am.

Talking of swing, did you guys tape up the whole ball or only half the ball?
When we played down the local court, we had a metal fire hydrant for stumps, a buffalo sports bat.....and a half taped tennis ball with electrical tape.

Luxury!!!
Aye, now when we played we used a sharp edged rock (that we hard to carve out ourselves…with our teeth!) as a ball, my 2yr old brother was the stumps and for a bat we used femur bones we had to dig up from the local cemetery.

Ah, yes, good times.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Aye, now when we played we used a sharp edged rock (that we hard to carve out ourselves…with our teeth!) as a ball, my 2yr old brother was the stumps and for a bat we used femur bones we had to dig up from the local cemetery.

Ah, yes, good times.
You had teeth? Luxury.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Only thing these arse clown muppets could organise is a circle jerk
Knowing these pricks
They will send us to Gc in round 1, then Carlton on the Thursday night and then Collingwood., then Adelaide in Adelaide
They will push to have our season finished by round 6.

Reactions: 1 users
Knowing these pricks
They will send us to Gc in round 1, then Carlton on the Thursday night and then Collingwood., then Adelaide in Adelaide
Ah,but any plot has its flaws.Imagine then if we were 6 wins-zero losses??????????????Yea I know playing round 7 in Antarctica,followed by a game in the Sudan two days later,and then the AFL imposing a ban on rotations for the Tigers ,as well as any further games to be played at Marvel stadium just might take the gloss off it............

Knowing these pricks
Might not be far off the mark there my Dear Zips.