2024 Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Fixture

Wouldn't RFC v GC round 1 be better in Melb? They will get 15,000 at Shiticon. May as well encourage the Tiger ferals to come out to give it to Dimma and play it at the G or even Marvel. Reckon we would get at least 50,000 at the G. Possibly the biggest crowd the Suns have ever played in.

Whatever they do with round 1, can we please at least have set days and times for all games and not this floating crap that we have had to endure in recent years? Maybe leave the last round open but the rest of the rounds should be fixed from day 1 so we can arrange travel etc ahead of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Will our fans even bother to make the trip? The mid winter escape to the Goldie to get some sun and some footy always appeals. Just like a beer at the Cricketers on a sunny autumn Thursday afternoon before facing the Blues in round 1.

The AFL is assuming we will make the trip. I’m not so sure.

Opening the season at a a half empty Metricon, possibly in the rain. Crap tv spectacle. Why.
Make the trip to the Goldie first week & then the season opener (that isn't) on a bloody Thursday night again..lol. They must think we're idiots.

Reactions: 1 user
No benefit from my parents in these situations General...."get back in your room and don't come out!!!" :mhihi

Our cricket balls were a tennis ball full of hard gray tape feeling heavy and it stung when hit on the skin.
Our cricket balls were old tennis balls and we played in the street, on the road.
Really enjoyed those days and the fun we had.

Our cricket balls were old tennis balls and we played in the street, on the road.
Really enjoyed those days and the fun we had.
Same here. Annoyed neighbours....heh heh.....I could make the heavy ball swing at times.

Yeah. Taped up one side with electrical tape, it really helped it hoop around
Did not go to those lengths CO.
It was just a fun thing with all the other kids in the street and others thereabouts.
Our neighbours did not seem to mind at all thankfully.
Often the "ball" did go into front gardens quite a lot.
A rubbish tin was the wicket, and we only had cheap cricket bats in those days.
Showing my age now!!

Did not go to those lengths CO.
It was just a fun thing with all the other kids in the street and others thereabouts.
Our neighbours did not seem to mind at all thankfully.
Often the "ball" did go into front gardens quite a lot.
A rubbish tin was the wicket, and we only had cheap cricket bats in those days.
Showing my age now!!
for our street cricket we used to use a cardboard box with a brick in the bottom to hold it down as stumps at one point.
A young bloke who thought he was pretty funny used to regularly drive down the street, then open his car door to knock over the box.
So then one day we filled the whole box with bricks, waited for this bloke, walked to the side of the road when he came along. There was a load bang, very decent sized dent in the car door, and lots of laughter from us kids.
Never saw that bloke drive down the road again when we were playing cricket.

How come kids don't play cricket, or footy, in the street anymore. sad

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
for our street cricket we used to use a cardboard box with a brick in the bottom to hold it down as stumps at one point.
A young bloke who thought he was pretty funny used to regularly drive down the street, then open his car door to knock over the box.
So then one day we filled the whole box with bricks, waited for this bloke, walked to the side of the road when he came along. There was a load bang, very decent sized dent in the car door, and lots of laughter from us kids.

Too much traffic these days Larra.
That was a good trick btw. Serves him right for being a nasty guy.

My neighbour 2 houses down had a nice open driveway with his Mum's car in the backyard all the time. Perfect pitch and fielding but the sixes used to go in the backyard of the house across the road who.......didn't like kids much.

Too much traffic these days Larra.
That was a good trick btw. Serves him right for being a nasty guy.
don't know about traffic. I leave on a quiet suburban street and rarely are there kids out playing.
More to do with kids have other priorities - more choice of after school sports, eyes glued to devices, homework...
We'd play cricket or footy in the street nearly every day after school until it got too dark. You'd see kids that you had no other interaction with other than those games - friends of friends, neighbourhood kids would just join in.
a pretty special part of our childhoods is gone sadly

Reactions: 11 users
don't know about traffic. I leave on a quiet suburban street and rarely are there kids out playing.
More to do with kids have other priorities - more choice of after school sports, eyes glued to devices, homework...
We'd play cricket or footy in the street nearly every day after school until it got too dark. You'd see kids that you had no other interaction with other than those games - friends of friends, neighbourhood kids would just join in.
a pretty special part of our childhoods is gone sadly
How true Lara.
Apart from the cricket we also played kick to kick from the nature strips in our street in Bentleigh.
Like you we would do so until called in for dinner or it got too dark.
Taking a speccie mark was good for the soul!!

It is sad, kids don't seem to play outdoors much here any more.

Funny thing, I was recently in Italy (avoiding September in Melbourne with Collingwood heading for a flag) and there were lots of kids playing in the streets and piazzas at least in the neighbourhoods in Naples, Orvieto and Venice we stayed in. Depended a bit on where you were staying, but in neighbourhoods where there were families there were kids outside playing.

Do wonder if it is a bit of an anglo thing, maybe it is our kids too glued to screens.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
I see from the Hun that we will be playing on the Gold Coast on the long weekend March 8-10 “Opening Round”.
What a great spectacle that’ll be, chasing a bar of soap around in the humid rain in yet another AFL genius marketing move to generate interest in their Made For Tv team.
And will likely be a bruising lead up into the following weeks Blues clash.
On paper, not a great help for our new coach.

Reactions: 2 users
I see from the Hun that we will be playing on the Gold Coast on the long weekend March 8-10 “Opening Round”.
What a great spectacle that’ll be, chasing a bar of soap around in the humid rain in yet another AFL genius marketing move to generate interest in their Made For Tv team.
As expected from these a-holes. Anything Richmond. Oh well, at least get this *smile* over and done with quick and let Dimma ride away from us with his fantasy.

I'd hazard a guess it will be a Sat night game on the GC too, then followed by our Thursday night game against the Blues. Brutal 5 day break between Rounds 1 and 2

• Angry