3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3-0-75

QRtiger said:
I think this plan was plagiarised from someone uni paper, a D paper at that
No it was a classic strategic planning technique straight from the MBA school. It included a list of KPIs for every part of the organisation with every key person responsible for delivering their list
The technique is tried and tested and generally will involve a macro target which is very difficult. Aim for the sky and you may reach the tree tops but aim for the tree tops ... as they say
There is nothing wrong with the process, it is a good one
Like everything like this the problems are in the execution not the planning
There is no doubt it hasn't got us where we want to be on the field but that is self evident , you can do all the planning you like but it cant kick the ball for you.

It was good at the time as it gave supporters hope and we fulfilled our part of the bargain. Unfortunately they didn't so it's time they moved on.

Also a shame the club stopped 'sharing' anything once the 3-0-75 plan went belly up.

IMO it was the beginning of the start where I felt the club stopped believing that members needed to be one of the core focuses of their off-field attention.

Agree, loved it at the time. Bold, courageous and gave us all hope.

It finished what 2 years ago. What are we striving for now Brendan?

Or is it just head above water.

Need to update this to 1-4-0-75

Would be interesting to hear Bennys current medium term plan.
In hindsight it was a bold declaration that was off in timing but strong in accomplishment. :clap

tommystigers said:

In hindsight it was a bold declaration that was off in timing but strong in accomplishment. :clap

don't mean to be technical but 3-0-75 was announced in around 2010 and was supposed to be met by the end of 2014. we came close, but didn't quite achieve this.

Ian4 said:
don't mean to be technical but 3-0-75 was announced in around 2010 and was supposed to be met by the end of 2014. we came close, but didn't quite achieve this.

Seeing at the time most people thought it was a ridiculous plan, setting us up for more ridicule, and we had no chance of achieving it, I reckon we did bloody well.

How does that old saying go? Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baloo said:
Seeing at the time most people thought it was a ridiculous plan, setting us up for more ridicule, and we had no chance of achieving it, I reckon we did bloody well.

How does that old saying go? Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

fair enough. just pointing out that we still failed :spin

tommystigers said:

Yeh be interesting to hear his new goals, I’d imagine it’s go hard for more flags while we have this list.

Bottom line is Benny, Peggy and Dimma are all huge reasons this club is we’re we are at... Premiers, huge membership and a shutout ad of coin. Been an incredible turn around over the past 6 or 7 years.

CC TIGER said:
Yeh be interesting to hear his new goals, I’d imagine it’s go hard for more flags while we have this list.

Bottom line is Benny, Peggy and Dimma are all huge reasons this club is we’re we are at... Premiers, huge membership and a shutout ad of coin. Been an incredible turn around over the past 6 or 7 years.

Next 5 years. 2018 - 2022

3 - 15 - 120

In other words

3 flags
$15 million profit
120,000 members

Why not - let's do it Tigers

Ian4 said:
True Ian, but three years on we have added the one stat that means the most. Hopefully we hear from the Club at the AGM or before the new season as to what goals they have set. I think they are enjoying the break they missed at the end of 2016. ;D

year of the tiger said:
Next 5 years. 2018 - 2022

3 - 15 - 120

In other words

3 flags
$15 million profit
120,000 members

Why not - let's do it Tigers
Id imagine most would be happy with that result