3 points of difference in 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3 points of difference in 2021

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
It keeps coming out as Swans in the predictor, no?

and I reckon theres almost zero chance it would be in Sydney, let alone on the SCG.

Swans would pick GBHMDMA stadium.

Maybe that explains why THE AFL decided, against all prevailing logic and goodwill, not to give us a look this week?

Indeed :) If it is the bloods in the EF, we are perfectly poised for payback.

Doubt they will move the ball like that in a final

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’d *smile* love to beat the cats this week because I’m toey about winning four in a row after that.

Thank Christ the giants game won’t be up there

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Depends on the delivery I guess is what I’m saying rather poorly. Can’t have that pill landing at feet and coming back out.

We play our agricultural small forwards because of the agricultural delivery.

Prestia and Shedda will help enormously and you might be onto something with Noah.

I reckon our backline is well equipped right now with maybe only Vlastuin and Broad required.

Balta is nothing if not an x-factor colossus
It'd be a risk and a luxury to play Balta away from the backline. But if we could cover him, the potential payoff is enormous. Putting him in Aarts' position actually makes the forward line faster and more skillful, and provides another marking option. Match-up nightmare. Poor old Tom Stewart would have to play on Noah or Chol. Bye-bye rep.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It keeps coming out as Swans in the predictor, no?

and I reckon theres almost zero chance it would be in Sydney, let alone on the SCG.

Swans would pick GBHMDMA stadium.

Maybe that explains why THE AFL decided, against all prevailing logic and goodwill, not to give us a look this week?
I have us beating Poort over there again.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think the game has shifted away from scrappers in the forward line. You need finishers. Hence George and Aarts are battling.

Once again, forwards are better than defenders, if you give them the chance.

B - Rioli Astbury Grimes
HB - Stack Broad Vlastuin
C - Pickett Bolton Parker
HF - Lambert Balta Edwards
F - Riewoldt Lynch ...(MoJu? Stack?)
R - Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I - Baker Chol Graham Short/Mansell

Beat that side in September and you probably win the flag.
Great looking team but highly unlikely that Balta or Broad are back. Prestia still a few weeks away.

As of now I would go with;

B - Mansell Astbury Grimes
HB - Stack Vlastuin Rioli
HF - Lambert Edwards Castagna
F - Riewoldt Lynch MRJ
R - Nankervis Cotchin Baker
I - Chol Graham Short Caddy

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Great looking team but highly unlikely that Balta or Broad are back. Prestia still a few weeks away.

As of now I would go with;

B - Mansell Astbury Grimes
HB - Stack Vlastuin Rioli
HF - Lambert Edwards Castagna
F - Riewoldt Lynch MRJ
R - Nankervis Cotchin Baker
I - Chol Graham Short Caddy

Very nice with a query on mr junior magic. Ready?

I’d swap lablett and balls baker also.

Our midfield is still looking fragile isn’t it? Meatball can’t come back quick enough.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Very nice with a query on mr junior magic. Ready?

I’d swap lablett and balls baker also.

Our midfield is still looking fragile isn’t it? Meatball can’t come back quick enough.
Is MRJ ready probably not. But he could be the player that steps up once surrounded by better players. He will provide that point of difference.

Midfield is a major concern. Prestia cant come back quick enough. I chucked Caddy on the interchange for the bigger body and experience. Ideally I would love to swap him with Martyn - but we are just light on for experience there. *smile* Robinson!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Way I see is we get our interstate test in the EF.

From there it’s a Victorian bloodbath. And we’re the shark

I am not there yet, assuming finals that is - even though I believe we have turned the corner and our form is back - whether we can overcome our injuries against the cats I am not so sure yet. Our other games we should be OK.

I too like our revamped backline and I think our mix of young inexperienced players (Stack, Mansell and Ross) is about the max we can take into a game and match the 4qtr intensity needed to beat the top teams, plus get the enthusiasm from our younger players - adding a Dow, RCD or CCJ was a bridge to much for us just at the moment.

My problem is that we are still reliant on how other teams go - we don’t yet have our destiny in our hands - unless we overcome the cats.

I am not to worried about the teams below us as I can’t see Freo and saints making up the percentage needed, therefore they have to win an extra game to us. GWS have a harder draw.

Big game against the cats - it will take our best (assume Cameron is not playing means we will give it a shake).

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Be interesting what we do with stack, mansell and rioli. People will say Garthwaite out but I'd like to see Vlastuin running around free providing the intercept mark / loose ball mop up. Grimes to be free also as the deep sweeper (Rance role - we've gone away from this a bit. The Dees are doing it with May and Lever effectively). Which would leave Dave and Garth as the key man on man defenders. Even with Balta and Broad in the team I think we've gone away from our premiership winning structures a bit and have been exposed. We always structured up well and players constantly peeled off and had cover everywhere especially with the deep sweeper. Who's our new back line coach?
I think STAND makes it tougher for peel off and intercept, Haz. They don't have to kick over the mark so can get it in lower and quicker. That's a big why we'd be interested in Cerra. Having the loose defender is the way to intercept (see Stewart, Lever). Hawthorn rendered May and Lever impotent by ensuring they always had one-on-one ahead of the ball.

So, every forward must be a viable marking target. Hence the three tall requirement and my idea of Balta as the tallest small forward since McBean.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I think STAND makes it tougher for peel off and intercept, Haz. They don't have to kick over the mark so can get it in lower and quicker. That's a big why we'd be interested in Cerra. Having the loose defender is the way to intercept (see Stewart, Lever). Hawthorn rendered May and Lever impotent by ensuring they always had one-on-one ahead of the ball.

So, every forward must be a viable marking target. Hence the three tall requirement and my idea of Balta as the tallest small forward since McBean.

Ah McBean, if only you had a bigger arse...

Leysy Days called that one early if I recall

• Haha

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Noah's got a bigger everything.

Everything except for cajones, which are becoming embarrassing for Bakes at this point. Women feel as though he’s pushing them away even as he leans in for a killer line.

• Wow

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Is it wrong I’m praying for covid to put the AFL season on hold 4 weeks?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
B&B were listed as 5-6 weeks on the AFL site last week, and Dion 1-2. I was just going off that.
For finals then yes. But will we get there? Surely they take a punt on meatball this week and Vlastuin!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is it wrong I’m praying for covid to put the AFL season on hold 4 weeks?

No,

It could do two things;

1. Allow Richmond to 3-peat, and

2. Send The AFL into receivership, and the 2022 comp run by a Club Collective, non-hierarchically guided by Comrade Benny.