500K extra for that hack? / Ben Holland sues Richmond [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

500K extra for that hack? / Ben Holland sues Richmond [Merged]

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
Why would we have done under the table dealing s for Ben Holland? Bloody hell Richmond!! Couldn't you at least make it for someone decent?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: 500K extra for that hack?

??? What brought that on Balmy?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

Reported on the footy show that holland has launched a writ in the supreme court against casey and the Richmond FC. Alleged he knocked back an Adelaide offer of 1.3 mil because he was promised by casey property, business deals to make up the difference of that offer and the $800,000 offer that Richmond put forward. :mad:

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

El Presidente strikes from beyond the presidential grave.

If true, will go someway to explaining why N Brown and Johnson decided to come to Richmond of all clubs and perhaps why we have had reasonably good player retention in recent years.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Six Pack said:
uh oh this aint too good! ???
Its not good.There are suggestions other players were offered incentives/business opportunities.Just wonder what was offered to Nathan Brown to come across aprt from his contract.This has the potential to be very messy.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne

I am actually more staggered that my post was the first one about this. :hihi

All these recenet years hanging it on Carlton cheats and turns out our president was just as bad.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Legends of 1980 said:
Reported on the footy show that holland has launched a writ in the supreme court against casey and the Richmond FC. Alleged he knocked back an Adelaide offer of 1.3 mil because he was promised by casey property, business deals to make up the difference of that offer and the $800,000 offer that Richmond put forward. :mad:
Probably outside the salary cap. We'll get done for rorting it next, knowing our luck.
Hope its not in writing.
"All hearsay your honour, Mr Holland was confused or misunderstood the situation" ::)

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

If it was verbal I wonder how Holland can actually prove it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

IanG said:
If it was verbal I wonder how Holland can actually prove it.

They said it was a combination of verbal, written and implied.

willo said:
Probably outside the salary cap. We'll get done for rorting it next, knowing our luck.
Hope its not in writing.
"All hearsay your honour, Mr Holland was confused or misunderstood the situation" ::)

Lyon said it was an interesting situation because, if true, he wasn't actually paid it.

BalmyArmy said:
I am actually more staggered that my post was the first one about this. :hihi

All these recenet years hanging it on Carlton cheats and turns out our president was just as bad.

I was trying to find another source for it, and I was hoping someone would beat me to it ;D

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Legends of 1980 said:
Lyon said it was an interesting situation because, if true, he wasn't actually paid it.

Thats actually a good point because it may mean we can't be done for salary cap rorting.

elliot

look to the western sky
Nov 21, 2006

IanG said:
Thats actually a good point because it may mean we can't be done for salary cap rorting.

Yep , we definately can't be done for cheating with regards to holland but..

If he wins we will have to pay him 400k or whatever..

the bigger worry the afl will look into other players..

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

IanG said:
I doubt it,if Holland wins the case the AFL will go us for rorting or attempted rorting & then bring in the investigators to find out what the other possible deals were around & promised by Mr Casey.Property ownership in North QLD will be one of the first area's looked at.

Blueyboy74

Tiger Rookie
Feb 17, 2008

I am no lawyer but will be hard to prove. Poor form from Holland .. he should be grateful he has made $1 from football the hack that he is. How often did the Holland boys threaten to return to Adelaide when their contracts were up for renewal? One can only hope that his brother defends him ... one of the more "spaced out" footballers I have met .. Not a fan of that family.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne

If we get fined then Casey can pay for it, he has enough dosh, he's partly responsible for the on field predicament were in (Frawley/Miller), so he bloody well owes us!

B

Bill James

My recollection was that Nathan Brown stated openly in his early interviews that one of the attractions was the ability to work with Casey on property deals. Does anyone else recall this.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Bill James said:
My recollection was that Nathan Brown stated openly in his early interviews that one of the attractions was the ability to work with Casey on property deals. Does anyone else recall this.
No,don't be surprised if Brown was given a property.

Blueyboy74

Tiger Rookie
Feb 17, 2008

Where do you draw the line on networking as well? If they open this up .. cripes ...

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Yeah it could be murky. If Casey merely offered to facilitate deals then it could be hard to prove as football related income.

Blueyboy74

Tiger Rookie
Feb 17, 2008

mb64 said:
No,don't be surprised if Brown was given a property.

well if he was, you would hope it would not be that transparent. surely we were conversant with the rules. if not, we derserve to be fried.