Motorola sponsorship | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Motorola sponsorship

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Has anyone heard anything about the Motorola sponsorship?
I was told they haven't re-signed yet and as a result their logo isn't on the new jumpers. 
C'mon Motorola..I need a new phone. ;D

tigerforever

the tiger is set to pounce
Jul 26, 2004
melbourne
yep just checked...a nicklas managing director motorola...if hes one of caseys stooges then they might not resign...

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Are you implying that Nicklas' condition for sponsorship was based only on being a Director?
If he was a strong and loyal Tiger supporter wouldn't he sponsor the Tigers regardless of his personal position on or off the Board?

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
When "Just do it" went we put the new tiger logo on the front of the gurnsey's / jumpers before the info went out for the renewals last year (? i think)

Wouldn't they have wanted to get this taken care of before the renewals? Maybe they have re-signed as all the players are in their Moto logo'd jumpers on the renewal info.

??

I don't know......

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I searched for info on Motorola because I remembered Clinton saying that Richmond would announce new three-year deals with both the TAC and Motorola in August- agreements that would reap the club an extra annual $400,000. Apparently that was wrong as Motorola only ever agree to one-year deals.

Patrick Smith also said in August that "Casey has been able to retain generous sponsorships in a difficult climate"

Interesting the Motorola logo is on all the renewal info feisty. I hadn't seen that. Hopefully that means they've agreed to sponsor us again.

I love the Thursday night team selection SMS's. :)

LeighW

Tiger Matchwinner
May 10, 2004
Narre Warren
Would this stall have anything to do with the opposition ticket having their own sposors lined up (I heard Crazy Johns and some others thrown about) and motorola are waiting until after the AGM/EGM?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'd find it hard to believe this was about politics. If Motorola have been happy with the club and wanted to continue sponsoring us surely they'd sign again no matter who was on the Board next year?

There's probably nothing in this, especially with Clinton's earlier confidence that Motorola would be on board again.

I just found it interesting when I was told about the logos being absent from the new jumpers.

Maybe they are added at a later date for all I know.

That's what annoys me about statements to the media..we hear about what is supposed to happen but it's never followed up with facts on whether things eventuated or not.

FangFiend

WELL, DID YOU!
Mar 6, 2004
Vic
A poster on BigFooty said last month that LG was going to be our new major sponsor.
Don't know if it's true. When asked for his source this was his reply:

(QUOTE from Bobby Giovanni on 1/10/04)
"All next years apparel has changed due to a sponsorship change, had to change the logos for the brochure to be printed, to be handed out to retail accounts."

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
anything c.c. says i would take as a grain of salt the guy couldnt lie straight in bed...

i was also told that L.G were also a new sponser of the R.F.C. next year....

Joshnbeks Dad

You want me to park where?
Oct 14, 2003
Have a look at our draw. We will have very little prime time tv exposure due to our poor onfield performances over the past couple of years. Sponsors know this and act accordingly.

Being the major sponsor is not a gift from a supporter it is a business decision. To suggest that a major sponsor is not going to be interested in how a club is run is nieve.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've been told that Motorola re-signed yesterday. Just have to add them to our gear now. :)

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
mb64 said:
Have we got a sponsor for our clothing & gear yet?Last one we had was Nike.

Actually mb64, the Club dumped Nike at the end of 2003.

Concept Sports - owned by current RFC Board Member, Gary March - was the clothing sponsor for 2004.

Only problem is, if you believe the media and the ASX, Concept Sports is in more proverbial than a Werribee duck right at the moment.