A comforting thought | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A comforting thought

Ryder out will take away their ruck advantage. We need to pick a fast running team, as the Saints have quite a few grass burners in their side. This brings Markov into the equation.

Reactions: 3 users
We were not good against Brisbane.
ordinary and Pedestrian
we were below our high standards.
and nearly won it.
v 2 on their home deck.

enter lynch
Maybe broad caddy markov Ross too.

If we don’t beat st Kilda next weekend it will Be horrible. We’ve got to make a statement and smash them. Send a message to port that the premiers are on their way with one single bloody thought. We are going to SMASH you and play our way into a GF

All teams like to finish in the top 4. Why? To get the "double chance".

This is the first time in our current run of top 4 finishes that we actually get to use the double chance.

Let's make the most of it.

Reactions: 11 users
Port and their youth remind me of us in 2017.
Sometimes the momentum is just too hard to stop.
5 minutes of *smile* footy may have cost us.
Still backing us in but we gifted the lions that one.

Reactions: 5 users
Good article in the age today comparing us to the hawks of 2015, basically saying it can be done and the tigers can learn from the hawks experience who did it the hard way to win it that year.

I am still confident that if we play our to our best we can win it and our older players know it may be their last chance

Reactions: 1 user
saints defence has been mighty tonjght..we wouldnt wanna do that sloppy bombing crap.....
We’ve done it forever, why would we stop now. It’s part of our chaos plan - bomb it long get it to ground and then chaos. Except our balls inside 50 seem to get picked off too easily.

Although I obviously would have preferred winning the QF, I’m now genuinely excited to see how this team responds from here. If they truly believe that their destiny is to be one of the great sides of the modern era then they will find a way to get it done. We’ve won 7 of our last 8 final over the last 3 years , which is a pretty phenomenal record. I love this club and I just can’t wait to see what happens on Friday against the Saints.

Reactions: 5 users
Although I obviously would have preferred winning the QF, I’m now genuinely excited to see how this team responds from here. If they truly believe that their destiny is to be one of the great sides of the modern era then they will find a way to get it done. We’ve won 7 of our last 8 final over the last 3 years , which is a pretty phenomenal record. I love this club and I just can’t wait to see what happens on Friday against the Saints.

We got beaten by scum remember.

Sorry don't think you were counting this year.

I'm probably one of the few that thinks playing this coming weekend will be a good thing for the Tigers.
I have little doubt that the Saints will come out breathing fire as they have nothing to lose (particularly given that they beat us during the H&A season), but if the Tigers are any good (and I reckon they are) then they should be able to handle whatever the Saints throw at them.
There are no guarantees in footy, but on paper, surely, Richmond is the far superior side.
I'm believing that the loss to Brisbane will galvanise the team and re-focus its aim on the big prize.
I'm still a believer that the Tigers will go B2B in 2020.

Reactions: 10 users
I'm probably one of the few that thinks playing this coming weekend will be a good thing for the Tigers.
I have little doubt that the Saints will come out breathing fire as they have nothing to lose (particularly given that they beat us during the H&A season), but if the Tigers are any good (and I reckon they are) then they should be able to handle whatever the Saints throw at them.
There are no guarantees in footy, but on paper, surely, Richmond is the far superior side.
I'm believing that the loss to Brisbane will galvanise the team and re-focus its aim on the big prize.
Hope you are right Bullarto. Hope you are right.

I almost think that having another week off in the bubble would be a distraction.
What would you do? You would go batshit crazy.
I would rather keep playing to be honest.

Reactions: 2 users

Agree - still think our destiny is in our hands and that we are good enough

If we win against St Kilda we will have more heat than Port going into the PF.

Hopefully losing to the Lions will jolt us back into the mental zone we need to be in to play our best footy. If we had scraped through, that attitude we played with wouldn't have won us a Grand Final I don't think.

Recalibrate against the Saints. Do to Port what we did to Geelong. Meet the Lions or Pies in the big one.

Now, is it better to see the Pies get knocked out by the Lions, or for us to beat them in the Grand Final. Beating them is always sweet but I still have nightmares about the way their big Cox tore us a new one in 2018

I have no fear for any team except Collingwood. The way they play against us keeps me up at night :)

• Sad