A Look To The Future - Best 22 For 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A Look To The Future - Best 22 For 2024

B Vlaustin Balta Broad
HB DRIoli Gibcus Brown
C Short Taranto Coulthard
HF Baker Lynch Clarke
FF Martin Ryan Bauer
R Nank Bolton Prestia

Young Sonsie Cumberland Hopper Grimes Banks KMac

I'm looking forward next year to seeing the likes of Clarke, Campbell, Coulthard and Moju along with Shai and Duz, putting the wind up opposition backs whilst Tom and Ryan and Bauer provide the targets.

Then there's Cumberland who could be anything if he get be dialled in.

Pace and some sharp shooters especially Clarke and Campbell.

Will be far removed from the slow ass forward line we rolled out the last 2 years.

The Tigers will likely struggle with our midfield most weeks but thats a forward line with excitement and pressure.

Next year will be exciting for different reasons.

It's fun to watch a young side building rather than a great great side dying.

Reactions: 9 users
I'm looking forward next year to seeing the likes of Clarke, Campbell, Coulthard and Moju along with Shai and Duz, putting the wind up opposition backs whilst Tom and Ryan and Bauer provide the targets.

Then there's Cumberland who could be anything if he get be dialled in.

Pace and some sharp shooters especially Clarke and Campbell.

Will be far removed from the slow ass forward line we rolled out the last 2 years.

The Tigers will likely struggle with our midfield most weeks but thats a forward line with excitement and pressure.

Next year will be exciting for different reasons.

It's fun to watch a young side building rather than a great great side dying.
Good post craigo. A stronger pre-season should confirm this happening.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it all doom and gloom or is there hope?

Here how I think our best 22 will look like.

B: Vlastuin Balta Young
HB: Rioli D. Gibcus Short
C: Ross Tarranto Clarke
HF: Bauer Lynch Martin
FF: Coulthard Ryan Baker
Foll: Nank Hopper Bolton
Int: Sonsie Prestia MRJ Banks

I don’t think Grimes and Broad form warrants selection over those in the backline. Ditto with Graham and Macintosh.

You could make an argument for Cumberland to come in.

Would really want to see Dow and Brown have a big preseason and push into that 22.

The big issue looking at that team is pace. We lack it.
Wouldnt have Coulthard and Mj in the one team...put cumberland in

I reckon Gibcus will be groomed as a forward. The fitness of Lynch and Gibcus will determine if we can create a solid forward half. If they put their injuries behind them I think we'll roll okay in that part of the ground. My fear for 2024 is our slow and nearly always beaten midfield. Massive improvement required here but I'm not sure where it will come from.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
The way Grimes has been playing, not sure he will be best 22 next year

Brown Balta Vlastuin
Rioli Young Broad
Ross Taranto Banks
Martin Gibcus Bolton
Coulthard Lynch Bauer
Nankervis Hopper Prestia
MRJ (mid rotation), Short, Sonsie, Clarke

The saddest and biggest disappointing thing about our list at this time is not just enough young talent coming through but also how many of our premiership players have turned into spuds. Broad, Graham, McIntosh, Pickett, Grimes arguably Nankervis, Prestia, Vlaustin with questions marks and consistency about Balta and Bolton. Are they cooked, is it a lack of hunger, passion, maybe too comfortable never getting dropped and Chuck in confidence being shot. These blokes were meant to be our next tier until we bring in the youth. I don't have the answer but unless there is improvement and consistency from this group we are going bottom 4 for the next few years!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Grimes Young Vlaustin
Short Gibcus Rioli
Brown Taranto Hopper
Cumberland Balta Baker
Ryan Lynch Bolton
Nankervis
Martin
Prestia

Inter: Ross Broad Banks Sonsie

And I’d like to get Bauer and Sonsie in there.

B: Gibcus Young Broad
HB: DRioli Vlastuin Short
C: Pickett Martin Ross
HF: Prestia Baker Cumberland
F: Balta Lynch Coulthard
R: Ryan Taranto Bolton
I: (from) Hopper Brown Banks Sonsie MoJu Clarke Bauer Soldo

Probably trade Graham or he'd be on the bench.

Bauer kicked 4 goals 2 behinds had 10 kicks 7 marks 3 tackles in the VFL today
Hes a forward not a *smile* backman play him forward in the AFL FFS!