AA 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AA 2023

Whilst I think Tom Stewart is a *smile* and always will I have come to realise he is a very very good footballer and don't necessarily begrudge him his AA places. He is elite both one on one and reading the play.

Dusty should have been selected in every side since about 2012. He is the most flexible and damaging attacking force in the AFL. When you are talking about picking an elite team I don't really understand how he can be left out? And aren't we talking about a representative team that performs when the pressure is at its greatest because you are hypothetically picking a team of the best to play the best? So you want players who are known performers when the pressure is at its greatest?

Toby Greene is the only player forward of the ball who compares with dusty for impact at critical times. Charlie Cameron?? Please, when has Charlie lifted his side to a win in a critical game? Rozee? Yeh, had a fine season but what's his big game performance history? Two finals in 2021 - no impact. Two finals in 2020. The prelim against tigers did OK.

Probably a waste of time thinking about it but it does appear crazy he has less AA's than so many inferior players.
This is part of the reason why selecting an AA team prior to finals is flawed. The selection criteria I presume is exclusively based on the 2023 home and away season. If there is a "line ball" decision between players, then it goes to the one with more runs on the board?

The AA team has become a massive wank.
Didn't watch last night and never do. Glad I didn't once I saw a snippet of a replay with Dangerflog holding the floor. Yawn.

And all the Blues fans p1ssing and moaning about Weitering missing out obviously didn't see the first half of his season which was average.

Reactions: 7 users
The AA team has become a massive wank.
Didn't watch last night and never do. Glad I didn't once I saw a snippet of a replay with Dangerflog holding the floor. Yawn.

And all the Blues fans p1ssing and moaning about Weitering missing out obviously didn't see the first half of his season which was average.
Yep. Just a formality. Maybe they can get out of tunnel vision and pick 3 AA teams of the same level to increase chances of players.

A lot of people on the selection committee with their own agendas
Jakovich & Pavlich ( both on AA 2023 selection committee) have been spruiking Serong on Perth airways TV for months. Libba is a mile ahead of Serong.

Reactions: 2 users
Gottlieb added: “ No team has won more home and away games than Brisbane since 2019 and they’ve had eight All-Australian picks. Geelong have had 15, Melbourne 13, Western Bulldogs nine, Richmond four.”

2 flags and a (fARCed) finals appearance over the last 5 years for 4 AA selections. Geelong 15! (I assume Tom Stewart has 9 of them).

• Haha
Did I read somewhere that this was Cornheads last season performing on the AA selection committee?

Heard Corn trying to justify Dusty’s non inclusion and his PA biased selection.

Healy and the caller had him covered but still try to back it up when he said we shouldn’t measure a player by stats otherwise there would be a host of players to fit in.

He lost the debate and quickly moved on.

• Haha
Heard Corn trying to justify Dusty’s non inclusion and his PA biased selection ... he said we shouldn’t measure a player by stats otherwise there would be a host of players to fit in.
OK, then forget the stats. You're sitting down to select your team to play a big game, a grand final. Do you roll the dice with Caleb Serong, Zach Merrett, or Dusty?

By any measure those AA selections are embarrassing and devalue the whole idea.

Reactions: 8 users
Heard Corn trying to justify Dusty’s non inclusion and his PA biased selection.

Healy and the caller had him covered but still try to back it up when he said we shouldn’t measure a player by stats otherwise there would be a host of players to fit in.

He lost the debate and quickly moved on.
Until you do ie his bagging of Taranto at #151 and a kicking efficiency of 44% etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Aaargh bloody auto censor, can't write it as urine ant it just doesn't sound right.

OK, then forget the stats. You're sitting down to select your team to play a big game, a grand final. Do you roll the dice with Caleb Serong, Zach Merrett, or Dusty?

By any measure those AA selections are embarrassing and devalue the whole idea.
Never mind a grand final. If you want to win any game, who would you pick out of those 3?

Reactions: 1 user