Acceptance - we are now a middling side | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acceptance - we are now a middling side

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
… with some good young players, some solid soldiers and some players well past their prime.

I applied this lens after quarter time tonight and felt barely a ripple of discontent from that point on.

It’s liberating.

Good for the ticker to just see things how they now are.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
nah. We're in this season up to the eyeballs. We're finding our feet, Collingwood red hot, us undermanned. Reverse the injury situation say degoey and adams out for them, dusty and hopper in for us, very different. Its a fine line. We need a fair bit to go right, but we're in it.

Reactions: 24 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
When do we stop saying Collingwood are ‘red hot’ and start saying they’re just a much better team these days?

More skill, more pace, more cohesion.

We were beaten by a better side.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's not a premiership year until Carts writes us off. Good work mate. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
… with some good young players, some solid soldiers and some players well past their prime.

I applied this lens after quarter time tonight and felt barely a ripple of discontent from that point on.

It’s liberating.

Good for the ticker to just see things how they now are.
Wow !!!

You don't think Broad, Hopper, Dusty, Shorty, Sonsie, Gibcus and Tarrant will make us a better side.

Reactions: 7 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
When do we stop saying Collingwood are ‘red hot’ and start saying they’re just a much better team these days?

More skill, more pace, more cohesion.

We were beaten by a better side.
when they win a flag. They're a good side though, I've been saying it for a while. We were beaten by a better side on the night, no doubt. But the thread title, your thread title, isn't about that.

Reactions: 1 user

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
Cumberland starting instead of Samsonite and Sonsie the sub and it’s a different match

Reactions: 5 users

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
Collingwood are really really good and it hurts to admit it, but it’s round 3 and I think we’re a top 8 side for sure, and once in finals we could do anything. Carter you realise we lost 4 crucial players in one week? And Hopper and Taranto have only just started playing for us. And it’s round 3? Broad does so much hard running and work, that’s why Grimes had a tough match. He came off completely gassed three times (I was sitting right behind our bench and one time he laid on the ground as soon as he crossed the boundary). Hopefully it’s the reverse of 2018.

Reactions: 5 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
when they win a flag. They're a good side though, I've been saying it for a while. We were beaten by a better side on the night, no doubt. But the thread title, your thread title, isn't about that.

It is. If Collingwood are better than us that means we have faded.

Faded into the middle bracket of teams.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There is not much between a middling side and a top side these days.
The mob we played tonight has shown that
I still think the season could go either way

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
nah. We're in this season up to the eyeballs. We're finding our feet, Collingwood red hot, us undermanned. Reverse the injury situation say degoey and adams out for them, dusty and hopper in for us, very different. Its a fine line. We need a fair bit to go right, but we're in it.
Our lack of speed and our poor kicking are the concerns for me. Not sure that is fixable in a season.

Poor kicking skills are our biggest issue. Never has elite kicking been more important; we don't have it.

Chaos is dead. SHocking and the stand rule saw to that.

Reactions: 4 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Can’t see it. Bullied by Collingwood tonight.
Jumping at shadows early this year eh.

We will be a much better side in 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe even a bit more pain to come but we will be there abouts come the end of the year.

Reactions: 7 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It is. If Collingwood are better than us that means we have faded.

Faded into the middle bracket of teams.
It isn't. Beaten by a better side on the night does not mean we are now a middling side nor does it mean the season is done. I can't actually believe I had to type that.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Our lack of speed and our poor kicking are the concerns for me. Not sure that is fixable in a season.

Poor kicking skills are our biggest issue. Never has elite kicking been more important; we don't have it.

Chaos is dead. SHocking and the stand rule saw to that.
concerns for me too.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
It isn't. Beaten by a better side on the night does not mean we are now a middling side nor does it mean the season is done. I can't actually believe I had to type that.
‘Beaten by a better side on the night’ is fan fiction.

‘Beaten by a better side’ is where it sits.

And the season is of course alive. As a middling team, we could make the bottom rungs of the 8.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We’ve now got Footscray, Sydney and Melbourne in a row. Toughest 6 week start to a season I can ever remember, maybe.