Acceptance - we are now a middling side | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Acceptance - we are now a middling side

We also get no relief from the bottom six teams as they are invariably away fixtures.

This is a byproduct of asking the AFL for marquee home games.

Can’t see it. Bullied by Collingwood tonight.
Who are they missing? Cox?? Howe?

De Goey destroyed us tonight, but maybe that's nullified by Dusty and Hopper.

Maybe Short hitting targets makes a difference.

Season not over by any stretch of the imagination

Reactions: 3 users
Laughter from all footy media is that they forget we were more skilled in 2017, 2018 and 2019. More when the 3 Amigos played.

Copywood is just copying our style and we know Fly knows that.

Let's keep playing the kids to build skill again.

Reactions: 2 users
Why is Vlastuin so flaky these days?

The demise of our experienced defenders is perhaps the most perplexing element of the last season and a bit

The demise of our experienced defenders is perhaps the most perplexing element of the last season and a bit
Our defence hasn't been as reliable since DTLD retired.

He has had a terrible start to the season. His lack of effort in chasing down Pendlebury when he kicked that goal in the 3rd quarter was appalling.

He's been a star but don't know what is wrong with him at the moment. Looks disinterested.

This is a concern, although I think the problem stems from other teams being able to transition the ball forward more easily than in the past. The pressure up the ground just isn't there at the moment, and it puts our backs under a lot of pressure. We really miss Kane Lambert and Brandon Ellis.

Reactions: 3 users
We will be a middling side if we keep playing battlers ahead of skilful players

Reactions: 1 user
Still dont think this Pies side wins a flag this year.

I agree. I feel they are a bit fragile. We could have won tonight with a little more composure.

I get it. Coulda, shoulda ,woulda. But without trying to be disrespectful, we were below par tonight with four key players out.

Their game plan is ideal for finals footy. We proved that. But I am not sure they can really replicate that throughout this season and in to the finals.

There are some very good teams out there this year, and Collingwood is one of them, but not the best of them for mine.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we need to accept that we're in the real world now. We perhaps forget, most teams don't just come good and win three flags, like it's preordained. The point is, most good teams are still very fallible. We're one of those teams now. I get Carter's sentiment, but I think this is a better way of looking at it than just deciding we're middling. We're more like upper-middling - which in most years is true of 6 teams that make the 8, and true of about half the teams that win a flag. The dogs were upper middling in 2016, and we were upper middling in 2017. West coast were upper middling in 2018.
We lost to a team that's actually really good; top shelf. But it doesn't mean they will win the premiership or that we won't, because thankfully it doesn't work that way. If it did, Adelaide would have been premiers in 2017.

Reactions: 9 users
I wasnt very perturbed tonight.

We largely held pies up on what theyve been doing.

We had dusty out and copped a rampant degoey.

Wasnt that much in it.

Didnt see dimmas press but i dont reckon hed be too unhappy.

Pies prob deserve to be flag favs but i dont reckon they are that good - their old champs are jumping out of their skins at the moment and Its a long season. Theyre very flimsy in the ruck and ruckmen win premierships

Tigers havnt got out of 2nd gear. Its not even april

Reactions: 10 users
One draw against a likely finals contender,a win at a bloody hard place to win at,a close loss to the premiership favourite at the time.Reckon we are going OK.

Reactions: 5 users