Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach

frawleyudud said:
Jobs for the boys. That's all this selection was. We had got rid of all of Dimmas yes men. He is slowly bringing them back.

There is an aspect of that for sure. Caracella was an independent hire & a very successful one.
Hardwick & Kingsley are old team mates from way back. I have no real idea of his ability as an assistant coiach but it is fair to ask if Kingsley was the best available given the connection.
Especially when recruited from a team that finished lowly the past few seasons.

How did we win a flag with McQualter on the staff? Ex-St.Kilda and Gold Coast, and helped the VFL team to 12th and 13th.

Let's face it, most of us are a long way away and don't have much idea about whether a specific coach is any good.

Tigers of Old said:
There is an aspect of that for sure. Caracella was an independent hire & a very successful one.
Hardwick & Kingsley are old team mates from way back. I have no real idea of his ability as an assistant coiach but it is fair to ask if Kingsley was the best available given the connection.
Especially when recruited from a team that finished lowly the past few seasons.

Kingsley voted assistant coach of the year in 2015 by AFL coaches association

frawleyudud said:
Jobs for the boys. That's all this selection was. We had got rid of all of Dimmas yes men. He is slowly bringing them back.

he has made us exactly like Stkikda

Ladies and gentlemen,

We have found our scapegoat,

I blame Kingsley.

TigerPort said:
Kingsley voted assistant coach of the year in 2015 by AFL coaches association

"Awarded based on input from the Players and Coaches, on a 50-50 basis. Coaches asked to rate the Assistant and Development Coaches at their club, based on their overall performance this year, allocating each a score out of 10 (10 being the highest score). Each Assistant and Development Coach will receive an average score out of 10 from their Club’s Coaching panel, which will be matched by an average score out of 10 from their Playing group to determine an overall score."

In other words, we put their names in a hat and whoever we draw out wins.

se7en said:
"Awarded based on input from the Players and Coaches, on a 50-50 basis. Coaches asked to rate the Assistant and Development Coaches at their club, based on their overall performance this year, allocating each a score out of 10 (10 being the highest score). Each Assistant and Development Coach will receive an average score out of 10 from their Club’s Coaching panel, which will be matched by an average score out of 10 from their Playing group to determine an overall score."

In other words, we put their names in a hat and whoever we draw out wins.

So he got his name drawn out of a hat. That means he is lucky. We need a fair bit of luck right about now.

Surely this guy has to go.

Some how he has turn a fast moving, tough fighting, mean spirited tackling machine midfeild
into a bunch of soft, slow, weak midfield that can’t tackle or win a contested possession.

Midfield is a shadow of its self since the guy took over.

se7en said:

Some how he has turn a fast moving, tough fighting, mean spirited tackling machine midfeild
into a bunch of soft, slow, weak midfield that can’t tackle or win a contested possession.

Hard to say otherwise on current evidence

se7en said:

Agree on this. I had my concerns with this bloke.

Jobs for the boys. Got rid of the last batch in Lade and Co only to allow Dimma to start again. Dimma is comfortable again and thinks he can coach. We were better when he sat back and let Blake take the reigns

se7en said:

Midfield is certainly shitful at the moment, makes you wonder and makes me think Kingsley is not much of an Assistant Coach.

Not sure what they saw in him.

DS

While I'm not happy with him in charge and midfield this year bit to simplistic to blame him only.We are failing all over the ground and some of the rubbish is players with poor skills or lack of effort.On top of that Dimma for me is to simplistic with his game plan.

Even when we were good our midfield was our biggest problem.

Doesn’t bat deep enough. Never has.