Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach

ToraToraTora said:
We need ballwinners. Beasts. Ross RCD and then draft 2 more.
yeah Ross is ready made straight in once fit. RCD needs to build up his frame physically too weak right now and lacks a tank. From his highlights i can see why the git pickett he would compliment our ball winners if he can bring his WAFL form to the AFL level. Nedd to try Chol in the ruck Soldo and coleman jones are physically to weak at the body on body stuff chol could use his athleticism and leap to his advantage and not engage in the body on body stuff much like the grimes / gaspar type defenders do against the bigger bodies

While the mids have been very unimpressive and I continue to question what's going on, a couple more observations:

Soldo had a great game against the Hawks but little since, and that showed just what an advantage having hit outs to advantage can be. He is of little use around the ground although he did at least try to mark at times last night rather than just punching the ball away like he did against North. Is he really a long term prospect, has his apprenticeship still got more time to run? I have my doubts and there are many issues with Chol, but should we just try him for a few weeks while Nank is out? In any case we need a second ruck, and it needs to be someone who can either go back and defend or go forward and provide a target when not rucking. Balta is great but I'm not convinced he is best used as a second ruck - wing and forward would look to be the best uses for his talents with occasional rucking.

I think we're also seeing just how much our backline were saving our rear-ends back in 2017 and 2018. With the backline depleted and the 6-6-6 rule we aren't as capable at defending quality opposition possession and disposal from the middle. We could compensate for losing it in the middle to some extent with a ridiculously solid backline. But this is virtually impossible to sustain. Sooner or later, if you continually lose it out of the middle, you get found out.

DS

Doesn't help with about 4 of our backline out last night, as someone else posted even when we were up & about our mids were our weakest line.

Both Soldo and Chol are not senior level AFL players nor will they be.

Doesnt look like Kingsley has done much good either

Our depth with the midfield could potentially change greatly by round 1 next year, obviously we have the top core of Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Lambert ad in wingman Ellis, Macintosh which we have 2 up and coming youngsters in Naish and Turner and then we have a couple of inside beasts in Ross and RCD, then we have a mix of young and old in Pickett, English, Bolton, Baker, Edwards, Graham, Higgins, Rioli and Stack , no doubt will draft more mids and maybe even trade for one.

Tom Browne reporting Kingsley has the GWC job.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
FFS can clubs start looking elsewhere? This is getting out of control. We’re losing everybody.

Lock it in that Gale takes over.

Reactions: 4 users
Tom Browne reporting Kingsley has the GWC job.

This has come from the clouds, Yze was looking like an absolute moral less than a week ago. Kingsley must have wowed them. Good for Adam, he's done some really good work at Tigerland and elsewhere. Also kudos to GWS for running an actual process unlike any other club with a vacancy.

Reactions: 17 users
Geez glad I didn't put my house on Yze!! He was past the post wasn't he?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes needs to come to the Tigers to finish his apprenticeship. Become a graduate of University of Richmond.