Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Hardwick came in at rock bottom. In 2009 we finished 15th with 5 wins. Hardwick improved the win/loss record every single season from 2010-2013.

Yze doesn’t have the young talent already on the list that Hardwick had (Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance, Edwards etc). It will take multiple years of top 10 picks to accumulate a group of kids we can build our next finals side around. All the while, Yze will have to deal with an aging top end of the list and likely further declining win/loss ratio. As I said, history shows new coaches don’t usually survive that scenario.
Martin hadnt played a game. Edwards was a skinny small forward with the nickname "Shank" and Rance was being shifted around the ground trying to find a use for him.
Cotch and Jack were on their way to stardom.

Reactions: 1 user
Be surprised if we win more than 5 games, and at least 2 of those will be a surprise.

Not necessarily a bad thing, finishing 16th or 17th would get us a top 3 pick and strong picks behind it. We have a solid core in that mid 20's area, that with the right recruiting, both in the draft and via trade might only be down for 1 or 2 years. If we can get 2 top 10 mids in and I'd also ask the question of Will Philips at North, we might be able to change up our midfield in a very short period of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Not necessarily a bad thing, finishing 16th or 17th would get us a top 3 pick and strong picks behind it. We have a solid core in that mid 20's area, that with the right recruiting, both in the draft and via trade might only be down for 1 or 2 years. If we can get 2 top 10 mids in and I'd also ask the question of Will Philips at North, we might be able to change up our midfield in a very short period of time.
It’s not that bad a thing, but have to trust/hope we don’t get stuck in #lolnorf type cycle of failure.

I hope you're right mate & I believe we have the strength within the club to certainly back your thinking. Cheers
I still wonder what made us 'click' in 2017. I saw a kid called Castagna in a pre-season game against the Cows at the Dump that night and wondered "can this guy kick?". Also Dan Butler was a late pick who was injured for 2 seasons(?) and thought he was a waste.........and yet, look what happened as the rest is history. I'm sure Ooze has the smarts to plan something successful with these draft picks we hold this season along with any good trades we can do.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't think it is that weird a combo. Coming off a dynasty it takes time for the premiership players to retire, or even to lose their touch. The drafted players are not from the top of the draft so a bit hit and miss. We're in a not unexpected place.

I have see some changes.

Yes, it doesn't happen often enough, but I have seen a few forwards actually move before the ball comes in and take a mark virtually uncontested. Didn't see much of that over the last couple of years.

We do need to sort out the intercept marking. Although it is difficult to stop a leading forward, we are not covering the space in defence well enough. Mind you, the way it comes out of the centre it is damned near impossible to cover all eventualities. The injuries haven't helped.

We saw against Carlton that we can play ok in the centre. In that game we kept the pressure on and Carlton's get ball and spread ability was curtailed. We even did it for 4 quarters. Not consistent but I reckon they know what they are supposed to do.

Yze I figure is taking his time as he knows that moving beyond the dynasty era and climbing back up the ladder will take time. He doesn't strike me as someone who isn't acutely aware of the state of the list. The positive attitude I think is good, and also a bit of PR. Gotta feed the chooks.

I have faith just because of Yze's demeanor, the content of his answers - seeing some good signs but not too much gilding the lily. He seems level headed and aware of the challenge ahead. Richmond is a big club with a big supporter base, he knows the scrutiny will be big to match.

DS
One thing he should be able to fix is the clean opposition centre clearances. That’s just application and pressure acts by our midfielders - sadly disappeared for damaging intervals yesterday. Could be fixed by change of players in centre bounce mix - just because you start in the centre bounce doesn’t mean you have an extended midfield role.

It's exactly what we need. We've just had a dynasty. What do people expect?

I'd be surprised if he isn't up for sale next trade period.

Same and why I'd be all over him. Has done ok at AFL level despite being given less opportunities than other draftees, he dominates VFL level and has pace out of stoppage which is what we need. He's probably a very nice fit for us and I hope Blair is already asking the question.

This scenario won’t be enough IMO, the state of our list is bad.

In fact I reckon Yze’s task is harder than Dimma’s in 2010 even though he has more senior personnel.

We haven’t hit rock bottom yet but we will.

Reactions: 2 users

In fact I reckon Yze’s task is harder than Dimma’s in 2010 even though he has more senior personnel.

How many low draft picks did we have in our premiership teams? Under 20 picks?

He seems to be handling the heat pretty well so far. At least in the media. It’s gonna ratchet up a fair bit though so we’ll see later on in the year if that continues to be so.

This year will be the toughest.

New game plan, new coaching staff, injured senior players.

On the bright side we will blood a lot of youth and fast track the rebuild.

Reactions: 4 users
He seems to be handling the heat pretty well so far. At least in the media. It’s gonna ratchet up a fair bit though so we’ll see later on in the year if that continues to be so.

this year is a bit of a free hit for Ooze.

There was a few

Cotch at 2
Martin at 3

then Jack, Rioli, Vlas, Brendan Ellis in around the early teens

Rance at 18 or 19

Prestia was a trade for a top 10 pick

thats 8 wiithout checking so I may have missed 1 or 2

2- Chimp
3- Dusty
7- Caddy (we traded a pick in the 20s for him)
9- Prestia (we traded pick 6)
9- Vlastuin
11-Lynch (free agent)
13- Jack
15- D.Rioli
15- Brando
18- Rance
19- Grigg (we traded Andy Collins for him)

Reactions: 3 users
This is a concern.
It would be a concern if we fielded a team of 22 experienced players.

We had something like 8 players who have played no more than 30 games. We were also 7 points down at 3/4 time.

Stats only paint one picture.

Reactions: 7 users
Play Cumberland
We can't fjen score

P.s we can't kick
We can't handball
We can't mark
The fact that we have been beaten by 15 goals in each game and haven't been competitive at all is a worry isn't it Zips

.......oh wait

There is a lot of gloom and doom around here atm, it is back to good old days of a darksiders paradise.

I have said many times that the difference between the teams in lower reaches of the ladder and the top teams is less that it has ever been in the history of this league. It is not going to take as much as many are saying for us to be well in it again.

The interesting thing about the Port game to me is that we had 52 inside 50s and we had 27 scores. That is actually pretty high. It is our defence and defensive structures that need fixing atm but the issues we had with the taller forwards were entirely predictable with the personnel we had out.

Reactions: 9 users