Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Yeah Cotch and Dusty were cream of the crop, 2 and 3

Riewoldt and Rance were top 5 value

Hardwick had these four pillars to work with from an early stage.

Yze has Bolton and … Gibcus? All other suggestions are pure speculation. Even Gibcus may never reach his potential now.

This is why I think we need more than 1-2 first rounders this year and next.

Much more.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder what Ooze is like behind closed doors.

Haven't seen the pressers.
Is he too accepting of the losses?
Does that give the players an easy out?
Or maybe try less?

Interesting to see if his demeanor changes as the losses mount.
0 and 4 this week.
(No one expects to win this week, do they?)

Or is he a working to a process/ not win loss driven at the early stages of this job.
The pressure rating was lowest in 10 years I think.
When will Angry Adem appear?

Just a fascinating watch.

I wonder what Ooze is like behind closed doors.

Haven't seen the pressers.
Is he too accepting of the losses?
Does that give the players an easy out?
Or maybe try less?

Interesting to see if his demeanor changes as the losses mount.
0 and 4 this week.
(No one expects to win this week, do they?)

Or is he a working to a process/ not win loss driven at the early stages of this job.
The pressure rating was lowest in 10 years I think.
When will Angry Adem appear?

Just a fascinating watch.
I've read some players saying he swears a bit so you'd expect him to be a hard nut behind closed doors. Watching Fly speak, I'm glad we don't have that psychological type as coach.

2- Chimp
3- Dusty
7- Caddy (we traded a pick in the 20s for him)
9- Prestia (we traded pick 6)
9- Vlastuin
11-Lynch (free agent)
13- Jack
15- D.Rioli
15- Brando
18- Rance
19- Grigg (we traded Andy Collins for him)

So we had 11 top 20 picks right. 26 and under we have:
2 - Taranto - he's started the season poorly but he's still a good player
9 - Gibcus
15 - D Rioli
17 - Brown

We haven't had many, most people know that, but then those same people state - we have no youth etc. I've said it numerous times on here, I call it a reverse list build. If we can come out of the next 2 drafts with 5 top 20 picks (and its certainly doable) then we wouldn't go too far from replicating this type of list. A few trades of highly rated young players from other clubs (Will Philips maybe) will also help to support the list build.

Reactions: 5 users
Forget the results this year. Don't even look at the ladder.

2024 is for Yze and the club to work out which players to keep for Yze's game style and what type of players we need over the next 10 years.

The draft hand we have at the end of this year allows us to change the playing list either by drafting and/or trading.

Look at the players like Campbell. Early days yet but showing enough to say he can be one to keep long term. Don't need all of them to come on (be nice but unrealistic). Just a few more.

Reactions: 6 users
I think this year is about finding out which players to keep and getting an identifiable brand of football going. There are probably only six winable games given the state of our list this year. I think they are Eagles (Away), Freo (MCG), Hawthorn x 2, North and the Suns at the MCG.

It's about getting a base line of effort.

Then we must nail our early draft picks. We can't afford any more busts.

Reactions: 2 users
After now around 6 months in the job, i like Yze, and i hope he becomes a successful coach. The only slight concern i have at the moment, is can he be cut throat enough to make the hard calls? can he get angry and demand standards? He seems very likeable, and from what ive heard has a great footy brain, but does he have that hard edge that most succesful coaches have? I know its way too early right now, but time will tell i guess.

2- Chimp
3- Dusty
7- Caddy (we traded a pick in the 20s for him)
9- Prestia (we traded pick 6)
9- Vlastuin
11-Lynch (free agent)
13- Jack
15- D.Rioli
15- Brando
18- Rance
19- Grigg (we traded Andy Collins for him)
Who was the master of those picks? Francis Jackson?

i think people are still overestimating our list.

We are headed for a massive, massive hole.

With a hard wall in Tasmania looming.

Reactions: 2 users
This draft. Must be nailed.

Need three of 2021 class to become above average B+ players.

That gives Yze half a chance. Bolton & Balta are the existing building blocks.

Reactions: 4 users
i think people are still overestimating our list.

We are headed for a massive, massive hole.

With a hard wall in Tasmania looming.
Still got a couple of drafts before it kicks in. And we did it before with gws and sun's in the way.

The club obviously thought we could continue to compete like Geelong and the Swans. Unfortunately Matt Clarke proved to be no Stephen Wells or Kinnear Beatson. We will have to bottom out like Hawthorn has.

We must nail the next draft. I think I have more confidence in Seth being a good AFL player than any of the 2021 draftees other than Gibcus.

Reactions: 4 users
The list is indeed in dire straits and the trouble is the drafts of ‘20 (Ryan, MRJ, Colina) and ‘21 (Parker, Brown, Sonsie, Banks & Clarke) look like providing a lot of nothingness (Notwithstanding Gibcus missing 2 seasons injured).

They should be providing the nucleus of the side. It feels like we will be starting again in the ‘24 draft.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah Cotch and Dusty were cream of the crop, 2 and 3

Riewoldt and Rance were top 5 value

Hardwick had these four pillars to work with from an early stage.

Yze has Bolton and … Gibcus? All other suggestions are pure speculation. Even Gibcus may never reach his potential now.

This is why I think we need more than 1-2 first rounders this year and next.

Much more.
Balta

Sure is. The inconsistency of pressure effort within games is astounding.
We are last on the marks differential table. Unless it is a deliberate startegy it would suggest not working hard enough when we do not have the ball?