Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

What I loved best about this win was the Swans inability to execute in F50.

We held them to 77 pts on a perfect day in March. Round 3.

They would slice us through the middle after Q1 but our D50 structures were able to neutralise most of the ball coming in.

Midfield pressure of course helped, but structurally we stayed “long” all day.

You need good footskills and huge work rate to transition the ball whilst maintaining cover in D50. You also need to understand space and what the MCG offers tactically.

Work rate has never been an issue, but our kids are all pretty good kicks now. This is why Banks, Sonsie, Brown will continue to get games.

I really like what Yze is cooking. It’s the kind of gumbo we haven’t seen at Punt Rd for many a year, perhaps ever.

Reactions: 8 users
Backline - Rutten..big tick, well structured and organised
Midfield- Newy..he looked so happy walking across the ground after the siren. Midfield has been rebuilt in 5 games
Development guys…got those young kids prepared to make a mistake but not drop their heads after.
The rebuild is very going to happen but we are headed in the right direction

Reactions: 4 users
That was a fantastic game day performance took Longmire to the cleaners.

Love this bloke. Reckon we are in good hands. Seems like some of the players - particularly the young ones - have been given more freedom. Rioli Jr and Campbell pushing right up the ground etc

Reactions: 8 users
IMHO Dimma was inspirational, Ooze is strategic. If through coincidence or design he let the youngsters finish the final 5 mins. It builds a young team forged by fire.

Reactions: 7 users
Agree that he outcoached Longmire and that the team played it very well

During this year his plan for the day will not work some weeks
This is a necessary step that as supporters we need to accept as he learns more about the players under the pressure of match day

Also felt that some players roles have changed a little which lead them to their best game for a while. Marlion being an example

I think we are on the right track The road will not be a straight line forward unfortunately

Reactions: 1 users
Better tactically than Dimma. Dimma’s tenure was more system based prepare throughout the week and wouldn’t make many changes or adapt during a game. I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. It’ll come down to cattle. We must nail the draft and trade periods.m to support Yze.

Reactions: 6 users
His preparation to stop Sydney's 2nd handball was unbelievable.
To attack Sydney from the front was A1 coaching.
That game proved to me he has a footy head and has systems in place to stop the opposition.
The only X I gave him was Gyden was runnin around g unchecked and you could see he was going to help then score.

Reactions: 3 users
Better tactically than Dimma. Dimma’s tenure was more system based prepare throughout the week and wouldn’t make many changes or adapt during a game. I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. It’ll come down to cattle. We must nail the draft and trade periods.m to support Yze.
Dimma was a brilliant coach that used words to motivate and themes. If things were going bad, they stayed bad.
Yze looks like he has us set up in system without the bells and whistles.
He had Sydney's coaching group on the back foot from the 1st bounce.
Let's not get too excited either Sydney's record at the G is Brisbane lions quality

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This man can coach.

Watching the game from level 4, the full court press we were putting on with MRJ and Campbell pushing so far up the ground was a sight to behold.

Ooze has got a couple of things going for him.......a good game plan, and the players are playing for him.

Reactions: 3 users
I suspect we hired him in anticipation of where footy is going and getting ahead of the curve ooze will be a pioneer of what future coaching will look like. Club is being innovative getting in ahead of the rest me likes

Loved how he gave the last 5 minutes to our young players and they didn’t let him down. I was expecting Sydney to just run over us and another honourable loss coming up, was stunned with that last couple of minutes and it was telling that we have been practicing that for years and never being able to execute (it cost us at least one final series, maybe 2).

This man can coach.

Watching the game from level 4, the full court press we were putting on with MRJ and Campbell pushing so far up the ground was a sight to behold.
That's what I noticed.
Counter attacks all day.
I thought we were spent 10 minutes into the 2nd but we found something.
We will get fitter the kids will get more confidence and we will grow.

Reactions: 2 users
Found the formula to win a close one when we’re in front
Dimmas last 3 years he just couldn’t figure it out

Found the formula to win a close one when we’re in front
Dimmas last 3 years he just couldn’t figure it out
We couldve lost yesterday.
That wasn't a free kick to BigV
And Banks dragged it back in.
It was our time yesterday. We out muscled a team that dosent like contact.
The 2 blokes that are ok at body contacts weren't playing Mills & Parker

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
with Lynch and Balta out, he is going to need to pull some rabbits out of the hat now.
We'll have to play Maurice at FF and Bakes at CHF.

Geezus can't recall a worse run with injuries to key players A disaster.