Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Funny the differing coaching style or at least the approach to team selections.

Under Beavis there were basically no late changes ever.
Team named Thursday night pretty much played as selected.

Now we get late outs.

Boobsy, Hopp last round.

Asto, Optimus this week.

Brave new world.
Welcome to coaching Ooze.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Now we get late outs.

Boobsy, Hopp last round.

Asto, Optimus this week.

Brave new world.
Trying everything out which is good to see before he settles down from next season.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

Now we get late outs.

Boobsy, Hopp last round.

Asto, Optimus this week.

Brave new world.
You’re right about that , could count late changes on one hand thru a season, now every week

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't cave in to the immense pressure.
Reckon we have a gem but I just hope he can handle the blowtorch as I reckon it's coming from the fickle media.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't cave in to the immense pressure.
Reckon we have a gem but I just hope he can handle the blowtorch as I reckon it's coming from the fickle media.
Bears first.

we are still on the slide from 3 flags the media can go F!@#% emselves.

Bears have nothing over the same period.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
2- Chimp
3- Dusty
7- Caddy (we traded a pick in the 20s for him)
9- Prestia (we traded pick 6)
9- Vlastuin
11-Lynch (free agent)
13- Jack
15- D.Rioli
15- Brando
18- Rance
19- Grigg (we traded Andy Collins for him)
1 God. 3 out and outs. One injury prone champion. Another 200 game half back. One monolith. 2 very very smart footballers. Rioli. Brando. Don't forget Bachar who matured into a champion.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The club obviously thought we could continue to compete like Geelong and the Swans. Unfortunately Matt Clarke proved to be no Stephen Wells or Kinnear Beatson. We will have to bottom out like Hawthorn has.

We must nail the next draft. I think I have more confidence in Seth being a good AFL player than any of the 2021 draftees other than Gibcus.
Dont forget the Swans had down years. Cats not so much, was it one? Helped by the f/s hawkins and 2 stars the traded for.

But the swans bottomed out following their GF loss in 16. Finished bottom 4 in 2019, bottom 3 in 2020.
Then massively helped by academy picks Blakey, Campbell, Gulden and of course Heeney and Mills.

Moral? It doesn't take 5 years at the bottom. But all sides dip down

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Reckon it might be a short coaching career if he keeps selecting Banks and Rioli
Seriously !!! WTF

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Just watched the 2020 GF 2nd half again and couldn't believe the synergy we had then. Balta ruck tap straight to Duz. Midfield worked well together. Cohesion around the ground was strong. WTF happened that summer for us to fall down quickly in 2021?
Dimmas dirty doodle.

• Haha

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reckon it might be a short coaching career if he keeps selecting Banks and Rioli
Seriously !!! WTF
The new coach inherited an absolute train wreck of a list - thanks Hardwick - with some major changes that continue from the top to the bottom of the club.

He is four games into his coaching tenure and I believe his eyes are wide open as to what he has to work with in the short term (hamstrung by another run of atrocious injuries and an AFL manipulated fixture pitting the Tigers against top 4 contenders early days), with a view I’m sure of finding some kind of balance onfield while giving opportunities to most, if not all that was left in the cupboard before his arrival. Some of whom will be gone by seasons end.

I’m more than happy to watch his evolution as a coach in 2024 - and see what sort of foundation he lays down for season 2025 and beyond.

Reactions: 5 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Some people are very impatient.

A new coach with a list that needs a rebuild and players age demographics wrong.

The older champs wanted a tilt....A fit Dusty and Fit Prestia and Gibcus and Lynch on the park - we were some chance to make a run.

I have zero expectations this year other than getting games into players and working on the best draft haul in a long time.

Reactions: 11 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
I didn't want McQuack Quack but at least he had us winning games.
What's Yze's style?
Chip the ball, we can't hit targets
Yeah like winning games and running 9th ????.
The worst thing the Tiggs can do right is start winning ....
WE NEED DRAFT PICKS .....

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
The new coach inherited an absolute train wreck of a list - thanks Hardwick - with some major changes that continue from the top to the bottom of the club.

He is four games into his coaching tenure and I believe his eyes are wide open as to what he has to work with in the short term (hamstrung by another run of atrocious injuries and an AFL manipulated fixture pitting the Tigers against top 4 contenders early days), with a view I’m sure of finding some kind of balance onfield while giving opportunities to most, if not all that was left in the cupboard before his arrival. Some of whom will be gone by seasons end.

I’m more than happy to watch his evolution as a coach in 2024 - and see what sort of foundation he lays down for season 2025 and beyond.
100%

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Hardwick came in at rock bottom. In 2009 we finished 15th with 5 wins. Hardwick improved the win/loss record every single season from 2010-2013.

Yze doesn’t have the young talent already on the list that Hardwick had (Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance, Edwards etc). It will take multiple years of top 10 picks to accumulate a group of kids we can build our next finals side around. All the while, Yze will have to deal with an aging top end of the list and likely further declining win/loss ratio. As I said, history shows new coaches don’t usually survive that scenario.
He will .

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Going the early crow here but I think we win this years VFL premiership. Side already jelling fairly well and will moreso as the season progresses. Bodes well for the future of our senior list as well.
I think Yze is rebuilding the whole list from the VFL up, not just concentrating on the senior side. He realises that you need a very solid base to build from and that starts with the reserves. We are going through a tough time at the moment in the seniors but we need to look at the big picture, not the here and now. Future not as bad as it looks and I believe improvement and success will come sooner than later. Get our mix of draft picks and trading in of key personnel right at the end of this year and our rise will be swift.

Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
You do not go toe to toe with John Longmire unless you are serious.

We won the early battle, then Sydney activated themselves. Through the middle of the game they were able to run the ball through.

But Yze held his nerve and the team did too. He believed in the cubs and somehow got us to hold a shape that prevented Sydney from executing inside F50.

To marshal this young team into such a defensive web, a team lacking so much belief coming in, was a wondrous sight to see.

Yze has us shaping “longer” than Hardwick did, with more emphasis on driving, contested ball. Restricting a talent-laden opposition to 77 points is just a wonderful result.

Like I said, you don’t *smile* around with John Longmire and walk away too often.

Serious, serious coach.

Reactions: 14 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
This guy has it.

How good is he in the presser when he talks about MRJ. So balanced and the desire to get better.