AFL appoints US company to find footy’s next boss | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL appoints US company to find footy’s next boss

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Once worked for a large, listed organisation that employed the services of a similar company to find their next CEO. After a long and exhaustive international search they recommended the current CFO who sat one desk away from CEO and had been groomed to take that role for a number of years.

What are the chances the AFL’s chosen head hunter comes to a similar conclusion?

Pretty much spot on. The executive head hunter looks for candidates with the skills and experience that you require. But it's you that decides what those skills and experience are, not the head hunter. Pretty easy to steer it towards your chosen man.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Once worked for a large, listed organisation that employed the services of a similar company to find their next CEO. After a long and exhaustive international search they recommended the current CFO who sat one desk away from CEO and had been groomed to take that role for a number of years.

What are the chances the AFL’s chosen head hunter comes to a similar conclusion?
I hear that, not an unusual story, and there is a fair chance that will happen. The AFL has to change its ways or it continue to go steadily downhill and lose legitimacy. If the clubs are pushing for genuine change, we know Peggy is, and the headhunting move suggests they are, I can't see them accepting your scenario. But this is the AFL we're talking about, their opacity, malaise and nepotism knows no bounds so Auld wouldn't surprise me one bit. Could go either way.

Demetrious Players Association early 2000s to AFL CEO, McLachlan appointed about the same time as AD rises up to deputy, gets top job 2014. So objectively we have had insiders for 22 years. That would be seen to stink in any other industry. Its just bad governance. Its amazing, but not unexpected, they are even suggesting yet another insider is in the frame, and its also amazing, but not unexpected, that the media isn't putting the blowtorch on them about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
I hear that, not an unusual story, and there is a fair chance that will happen. The AFL has to change its ways or it continue to go steadily downhill and lose legitimacy. If the clubs are pushing for genuine change, we know Peggy is, and the headhunting move suggests they are, I can't see them accepting your scenario. But this is the AFL we're talking about, their opacity, malaise and nepotism knows no bounds so Auld wouldn't surprise me one bit. Could go either way.

Demetrious Players Association early 2000s to AFL CEO, McLachlan appointed about the same time as AD rises up to deputy, gets top job 2014. So objectively we have had insiders for 22 years. That would be seen to stink in any other industry. Its just bad governance. Its amazing, but not unexpected, they are even suggesting yet another insider is in the frame, and its also amazing, but not unexpected, that the media isn't putting the blowtorch on them about that.

Wow!!!

".......their opacity, malaise and nepotism knows no bounds"

You get one point! (y)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
SEN are saying that the AFL have approached Josh Frydenberg to replace Gilligan.

Frydenberg would take the AFL's spin to a new level.

I read the 1st line and thought this was a joke so was redying the laughing emoji, then I saw you had an SEN link.

What depths of the sewer the AFL are dredging to find their next CEO.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
V'Landys would be rubbing his palms together if that incompetent *smile* got it. The AFL would be bankrupt within a decade.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I'm pushing for Swooper Northey to get the gig. He has managed a pub down Deranallum way and guaranteed to do a better job than current Muppets. Billy Nicholls in charge of match review and umpires

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Why don't they go the whole hog and appoint Donald Trump ? They have Zoom in jail don't they ?

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
he's well qualified, huge ego, blueblood, hates accountability

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe this is a distraction headline to make us all feel better when Travis Auld is appointed.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Maybe Dan Andrews should apply.
I hear he’ll be looking for a job soon

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users