AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

$2.40 Scheffler and Burns looks way overs v Rahm and Hatton $1.90.
Burns was in poor form coming in. Brendan Chamblee pointed out Burns was the poorest yank in strokes ganied iron play and off the tee and was staggered he was chosen for the foursomes. Proved to be correct, Burns was poor.

Reactions: 1 user
Just took the $hai coleman-brownlow double into the steely green rising star @$1m-1 :oops:

The $2.5 on is to beat Hardwick is looking like interest

Adelaide are $1.80 to make the 8 and we're 5 bucks. Their best midfielder is Rory Laird.

What are everyone's thoughts on betting opportunities for the upcoming season.

Looking to shape a few multis for some fun.

Going to build them around -

- Us for the 8 - $5 seems slight overs
- Curnow $6 for the Coleman. Looks a great price. Won the last two and his powers are still on the rise while his closest rivals Cameron, Lynch, Hawkins, Tex etc all past their best. Larkey biggest danger.
- Wardlaw $6 for rising star. Reid rightly fav but short at $3. Wardlaw with a year under his belt and flying in pre-season.
- Dogs to miss the 8 at $1.80. Don't like the Dogs this year. Reckon midfield is massively overrated. As is most of the team.

Can't multi Dogs and Tiges bets as they are related but something to play around with for some fun.

Anyone else have something in early markets they like?

Hawthorn to win more than 8.5 games. Injury-plagued already, that number looks very hard for them to achieve.

Nine wins, can't see it.

What are everyone's thoughts on betting opportunities for the upcoming season.

Looking to shape a few multis for some fun.

Going to build them around -

- Us for the 8 - $5 seems slight overs

these odds are rubbish leysy

if you believe we can make the 8, as I do,

means you believe we can win 13 times. $5 for 13 wins?

shouldn't be hard to craft 20's strategically, even with cover and caution, out of 13 wins.

you'lle get halfway to $5 just on the R0 win

anticipate a patch of form and a block of games and all-up 3-4 wins in a row, and there's $6-$8, maybe $10

$hai for the Coleman @ 150's is my best bet. 2024 probably his peak (dusty '17) and he could kick 80 from the back pocket.

He'd win the Brownlow too, if the umpires understood footy.

Last edited:
these odds are rubbish leysy

if you believe we can make the 8, as I do,

means you believe we can win 13 times. $5 for 13 wins?

shouldn't be hard to craft 20's strategically, even with cover and caution, out of 13 wins.

you'lle get halfway to $5 just on the R0 win

If you are confident enough you can have a real crack at the 5's and layoff after about Rd 8 when we are 8-0 and $1.05.

And we could very well be 8-0. We have Port/Syd/Freo all at the G. West Coast away. Saints in Adelaide.

We beat the Suns & Blues in first 2 rounds and 8-0 is a real big chance.

Or just back us to be last unbeaten side, top of ladder or take the all-up to win first 8 games @ about 30/1.

• Love
If you are confident enough you can have a real crack at the 5's and layoff after about Rd 8 when we are 8-0 and $1.05.

And we could very well be 8-0. We have Port/Syd/Freo all at the G. West Coast away. Saints in Adelaide.

We beat the Suns & Blues in first 2 rounds and 8-0 is a real big chance.

im pretty confident we win round 0.

massive cult of personality all summer on the GC.

Tigers essentially recruited for Yze football from 2010,

GC recruited for Hardwick football from 2024.

I get a sense all the GC players are starstruck and think Hardwick is gonna run out and line up on Dusty.

@2.5, its the bet of the season for me, before the season even starts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
im pretty confident we win round 0.

massive cult of personality all summer on the GC.

Tigers essentially recruited for Yze football from 2010,

GC recruited for Hardwick football from 2024.

I get a sense all the GC players are starstruck and think Hardwick is gonna run out and line up on Dusty.

@2.5, its the bet of the season for me, before the season even starts.
Are Lynch & Prestia a definite?