AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Robbo defends Harry Mckays flop. If it was a Richmond player it would be different.
Defends flop - it’s funny - and then drives the Ryder incident into the ground. (Not sure what else Ryder could have done.)

This is why footy is on the nose with so many people now. You’ve got huge mouthpieces like this endorsing the AFL and shoving crap down peoples throats.

Reactions: 11 users
Noam Chomski wrote a very interesting piece-I think in Manufactoring Consent-about the general publics engagement in sports versus their engagement in politics/democracy. His basic arguement was that people are alienated by the political process so they don't bother to engage in the debates by educating themselves about the pertinent facts required to possess an informed opinion. He compares this to talk back radio after a sports match where average punters call the stations armed with statistics and facts to back up the arguements that they are making about the match/teams. His contention is that average people are quite capable of becoming very informed about complex matters if they feel connected to the issues involved. I think this site is a case in point. For example I have never seen anybody on TV with the ability to cut through all the BS with stats that compares with our very own recently departed stats guru. I know a similar bloke who is a sports obsessed mathamatical genius. He's not on TV-he's on the punt.
I’d further support this and as evidenced by the number of high school dropout epidemiologists that have appeared on my social feeds over the last years. There’s no doubt the average punter can do their own research.

Reactions: 1 users
It was the usual 'What's wrong with the Bulldogs?' angle. Load of *smile* these shows.
They just want the Tigers to go away.

I'd prefer us to cruise the season like a Great White making no waves then have the Tiger King return in time to strike some sledge hammer blows in September and take #4 in 6.

Could you just imagine the salt......................... delicious

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I can't believe the Aints bandwagoning. 15/1 with us for the flag. What a joke.
As soon as Ryder goes down again the Saints lose their tall dominance, with Marshall pushing forward to help King and Membrey like they did against the RFC.

Its the Ryder/Marshall double Team that is so important to them.

They played against a rookie kid on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
So, are we gonna get a “Richmond are cheating ! Richmond are cheating ! Do something AFL !” hate rant again from Mr Magoo tonight ?

Despite the fact a feigned handball has been occurring since last year, and by everyone bar Richmond, I’m sure he’ll lump it all on us.

Not that there’s anything against the rules with that anyway either….
Certainly got in his high horse about it and made a point of questioning Fagan & Noble regarding the issue.

Yeh, footy as we knew it is in trouble. There's a massive gap in the landscape for a real show that has critical analysis of important issues.

Blobbo is an idiot and mince is almost inside out he's so far up his own clacka. OTC has dropped off and I couldn't watch the other "entertainment" shows. (Bounce excluded - my kids and I like it, mainly for Gazey and turn it up)

None of these guys really care about footy.

Reactions: 5 users
Not one mention about Bolton’s goal. Footy at its absolute best however it same how gets overlooked.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Robbo defends Harry Mckays flop. If it was a Richmond player it would be different.
This is the same bloke who basically said both Grimes and Flossy were cheats because they flopped a bit to get a free two years back. Then he tried very hard to stir up rubbish by saying faking a handball was against the spirit of the game - his Tiger hate is in full swing for everybody to see,

Reactions: 1 user
We can expect Robbo to give a push for Benny Gale to be the next AFL CEO.................not.