AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

I bet you still keep watching it.
I remember when I used to watch most of the afl shows religiously. Now it’s only the odd snippet now and then if someone on here mentions something like such and such said something controversial, or if Dimma or one of our players is on

Reactions: 5 users
I remember when I used to watch most of the afl shows religiously. Now it’s only the odd snippet now and then if someone on here mentions something like such and such said something controversial, or if Dimma or one of our players is on
Bit of the same from me.... I get that it's an opinion business but pure football analysis has been hijacked by clickbait wannabes and blokes like Cornes who feels HE has to be the headline.
The only time any show was half reasonable last season was when Dunstall sat in for Robinson. .... sadly... normal service has resumed.

Reactions: 1 user
My TV is off at all times now and only turned on for NRL or AFL games and that's about it.
Even the NRL has been destroyed by rule changes.
Melbourne storm would be the best sporting club in the world.
Melbourne storm is like having a Darwin football team dominate the AFL for 20 yrs.

Reactions: 2 users
Think the floated notion that Mince is intimidated by guests smarter than Robbo carries a lot of weight. Geeelong Gerard likes being the smartest guy in the room. Frustrating to listen to them both rabbit on.

Reactions: 2 users
Because he actually knows so little about the game of football itself and how it’s played and why, Mince constantly reverts to off field bureaucracy all the time to make himself sound knowledgeable or an authority. It’s the rules, the tribunal, this player should be suspended, this player shouldn’t, umpiring etc. He’s nerdily obsessed with it.

Last night he spent more than half of his show banging on about Rioli getting zero v one week’s suspension and tedious minutia and semantics throughout. Zzzzzzzz….

Mince propagates this whole AFL - Administrative Focus League dilemma that’s eating away at the sport.

We’ve lost sight of the on field play and the stars that make the game and why people watch it. People like Mince and others are making the administrators and administration the focus. And the corporate egos inside the AFL love it.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Because he actually knows so little about the game of football itself and how it’s played and why, Mince constantly reverts to off field bureaucracy all the time to make himself sound knowledgeable or an authority. It’s the rules, the tribunal, this player should be suspended, this player shouldn’t, umpiring etc. He’s nerdily obsessed with it.

Last night he spent more than half of his show banging on about Rioli getting zero v one week’s suspension and tedious minutia and semantics throughout. Zzzzzzzz….

Mince propagates this whole AFL - Administrative Focus League dilemma that’s eating away at the sport.

We’ve lost sight of the on field play and the stars that make the game and why people watch it. People like Mince and others are making the administrators and administration the focus. And the corporate egos inside the AFL love it.
He would make a great government bureaucrat. He would be the template every pen pusher would go off

Maybe because he can understand the rules and administration better than the nuances of how a game of football unfolds

Good stuff Redford I agree. Some of this relates to Caroline W as well

Blobbo's trying to squeeze as much info from Dimma as he can about Dusty but the answer keeps rebounding back.

Rutten sits there looking jealous that he's not a 3 time premiership coach and that he has a sh!t team.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Great post Redfords, surprisingly enough :p
The talent pool for these footy panel shows is bereft of anyone of note. Very hard to view at times.
Maybe it’s time for an independent streaming service to evolve with “ no names” but hosts who actually have some idea about true footy fans want. Nobody who is beholden to the afl jerkstapo

The problem is every footy fan has an unshakeable faith that their knowledge is better than the experts.

I'm guessing that the panelists on Fox Footy have forgotten more about the game than most of us know but it will be a cold day in hell before anyone ever admits that.
Well…I’m not sure whether I have that unshakeable faith that my knowledge is better than the “experts” or not.
But just because they played the game doesn’t automatically deem anyone an “expert”
Just like champion players don’t always make good coaches.
But one I have unshakable faith in is my opinion means more to me than theirs :D

Great post Redfords, surprisingly enough :p
The talent pool for these footy panel shows is bereft of anyone of note. Very hard to view at times.
Maybe it’s time for an independent streaming service to evolve with “ no names” but hosts who actually have some idea about true footy fans want. Nobody who is beholden to the afl jerkstapo
Hear hear Willos ! AFL Jerkstapo. I reckon you should start something up. Maybe a morning radio show to begin with ? “Wake Up To Willos” Mon-Fri.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users