AFLW Richmond v Collingwood at Vic Park no less | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Richmond v Collingwood at Vic Park no less

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wow... a free kick in front of goal....surely not. I was waiting for HTB to be called....

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ironic that the Pies coach was commenting about their girls "throwing it around". Yeah no *smile* sherlock. Same as your mens team.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The difference in the HTB rule for each side is paramount in this game.

Should have had 2 frees in our D50 there, neither given, high ball goes in, slight tug of the jumper and its a free to the Pies at the top of the square.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The difference in the HTB rule for each side is paramount in this game.

Should have had 2 frees in our D50 there, neither given, high ball goes in, slight tug of the jumper and its a free to the Pies at the top of the square.
Yep, Pies girls get multiple opportunities with the ball, Tigers get 1/2 a chance.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The umpiring in that game was appalling. One definition of holding the ball for one team, a different definition for the other.

Not that it mattered. We were pounded anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Seymour one of a handful who've genuinely improved.

4Boat on Twitter described it perfectly as a team of Mitch Farmer's trying to play like Shane Edwards.

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
13 frees to 3.

Simply outrageous umpiring here. Disgraceful.

I looked at one point and the frees were 10 to 1. Not surprising when you see a Collingwood player tackled after plenty of prior opportunity get a free for in the back but Richmond players were pinged in exactly the same situation. Umpiring was woeful as usual.

But on to the more important aspects of the game.

You could tell it has been a long season for the Richmond players, so clearly outclassed.

The way our players fumbled the ball when trying to pick it up, spilled marks and there was rarely a player running beside the pack in support was in stark contrast to Collingwood. They were clean and always had an outlet.

Richmond need to work very hard on skills and hopefully we can get some depth over the off season. That was a disappointing season. I suppose part of the issue with not running in support was the assumption we would net get the ball. Collingwood were clearly faster than Richmond and could run all day. They're pretty good but not good enough to challenge the likes of Melbourne and Adelaide. We have a long way to go, sadly.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The umpiring in that game was appalling. One definition of holding the ball for one team, a different definition for the other.

Not that it mattered. We were pounded anyway.
Tough with both Hoskings, Brennan, Lavey & Cordner all missing.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Let's see what happens to Sheahan and Ferguson. Gone IMO.

I hope Ferg stays, but Sheehan you have to view as a massive failure. 2 of our 3 highest draft picks have massive question marks over them in Molan and Reid.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just thinking about the free kicks, which were 29 to 12 by the end. Must be that Richmond women somehow play like Richmond men because apparently that is the reason for the free kick differential, and the same goes for Collingwood. But the Richmond men do look like their game style is very different and they win more often.

We must all be seeing it wrong because apparently the umpires are totally competent and not in any way inconsistent.

DS

• Haha

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just thinking about the free kicks, which were 29 to 12 by the end. Must be that Richmond women somehow play like Richmond men because apparently that is the reason for the free kick differential, and the same goes for Collingwood. But the Richmond men do look like their game style is very different and they win more often.

We must all be seeing it wrong because apparently the umpires are totally competent and not in any way inconsistent.

DS
It pissed me off watching the game, but it is a good preparation for the anticipated reaming we'll cop on Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user