AFLW Round 1 2022 - StKilda v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Round 1 2022 - StKilda v Richmond

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Conti is as pure a footballer as any you’ll see. Broderick and Knights like.

If there is a better footballer in the AFLW I'd love to see it. She is basically the female Dusty. Dominates games, classy and she is also incredibly marketable. Forget the Tayla Harris's, the AFLW should be taking players like Mon and marketing her to help develop the game. She is a player that all footy fans will want to watch, regardless of what you think of womens football as she is as you say, such a pure talent. Quick, tough, skillful, elusive, footy intelligence through the roof.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yassir struggled with the pace of the game for most of the game but showed some glimpses of special attributes. Her backing into the pack was also impressive.

She definitely grew into the game. I thought she was excellent in the last quarter. The perfect kick from half back to Wakefield (who was in a 1 on 3) was outstanding.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What did Dangerfield say?

He tweeted ' if tigers win some games, conti could win the brownlow'

Which i took offence to because;

Dangerfield is a *smile* and therfore,

Its a loaded complement 'conti good, richmond *smile*'

People who respect dangerfield would interpret it as

'Good on paddy for supporting AFLW and complementing conti'

And theyde probably be right,

But i hate dangerfield and everything he says and does

Reactions: 4 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
One thing I noticed was Saints still had a few of the old school female players- aggressive but big and slow. These types are dinosaurs and ultimately add no value to a team.
If we can get back Ellie Mc I think a finals spot is looking good.
Getting Sabrina was a good idea. Getting rid of her was a better idea. Our forward line is quite good. Brennan and Wakefield work well. Stahl is a bit annoying. A clanger kick or 2. Kicking big scores is important. Making the most of every opportunity. I don't know much about the women's comp but I thought Saints would be more competitive. Our ball movement was impressive.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just watched the replay. That was an enjoyable game to watch. Girls have come on leaps and bounds. It was only the Saints so not much of a gauge, but we're looking a lot better than we ever have.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Agree with other posters. We kicked very straight which helped but there was a lot more enjoyable footy and a lot less ‘ok she couldn’t kick it 20m to someone by themselves type moments’. One of the i50 passes was a laser. Can’t remember who.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Getting Sabrina was a good idea. Getting rid of her was a better idea. Our forward line is quite good. Brennan and Wakefield work well. Stahl is a bit annoying. A clanger kick or 2. Kicking big scores is important. Making the most of every opportunity. I don't know much about the women's comp but I thought Saints would be more competitive. Our ball movement was impressive.

I reckon Sabrina was the 2nd most overrated player after Mo Hope.

But I get they need to manufacture marquee players early and they were pretty thin on the ground.

they've come a helluva long way in a short space of time.

I'd definitely watch more games like last night.

I wonder how long before the tiger women raise the curtain for the tiger men?

that'll be cool

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He tweeted ' if tigers win some games, conti could win the brownlow'

Which i took offence to because;

Dangerfield is a *smile* and therfore,

Its a loaded complement 'conti good, richmond *smile*'

People who respect dangerfield would interpret it as

'Good on paddy for supporting AFLW and complementing conti'

And theyde probably be right,

But i hate dangerfield and everything he says and does
I re-read it this morning and interpreted it differently. I think he was simply complimenting Conti.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I re-read it this morning and interpreted it differently. I think he was simply complimenting Conti.

I agree.

But I hate Dangerfield, so I reinterpreted it,

to allow myself an excuse to call him a *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Plenty been said about Mon Conti, but Tess Lavey is a ripper athlete, Courtney Wakefield is the female Jack Riewoldt, the way she reads the situation, the 2 new draftees showed enough, and the Hoskings are hard workers. Plenty to like.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree with other posters. We kicked very straight which helped but there was a lot more enjoyable footy and a lot less ‘ok she couldn’t kick it 20m to someone by themselves type moments’. One of the i50 passes was a laser. Can’t remember who.

If it's the one I think it was I think it was Gabby Seymour. I rewatched the game after getting home last night and I was so impressed by her. Her game has gone to another level, she looks super fit and agile. She was almost playing like another midfielder rather than a ruck at times.

Reactions: 3 users