AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Very boring there’s more skills on display when watching Auskick games

Much as I hate to say this but what you said is so true.

Most of the game revolves around tackles and the ground skills, at this stage is woeful.

Having said that, good on the ladies for having a go and enjoying themselves.

As it stands today though it is not really a riveting spectator sport.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Most of the game revolves around tackles and the ground skills, at this stage is woeful.

Not sure it is necessary to post that sort of patronising stuff

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

It's not riveting, but I still like it. At the moment, as interesting as a practice match. Football is football.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Heh heh....a Saints girl did a Joel Bowden and got pinged for it against the Crows.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Media training might have a bit more ground to cover in AFLW.

Pies defender saying you just need to stop Tayla Harris in the air, otherwise she is 'useless'.
Doesn't take long for the Chokers to blow out the fumes for any player to inhale.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would advise people not to only watch our games when judging AFLW standards.

From the games I've seen this weekend, we are a long, long way behind the established sides.

Even though that is to be expected, I'm still calling for a change of coach and board.

I had higher hopes but we really do seem to be a long way behind the rest. Playing Gold Coast who are also an expansion team showed how far behind we are. StKilda looked competitive today against Adelaide so we really need to get our act together.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I had higher hopes but we really do seem to be a long way behind the rest. Playing Gold Coast who are also an expansion team showed how far behind we are. StKilda looked competitive today against Adelaide so we really need to get our act together.

DS
Unwatchable on the whole the whole competition

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

DS
Makes the Sam Lane podcast a little embarrassing. I am sure we thought we were going to steamroll this comp as well.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Makes the Sam Lane podcast a little embarrassing. I am sure we thought we were going to steamroll this comp as well.
I dont think so, At the our AFLW launch a couple of weeks ago, it was mentioned numerous times that the first game / the first season wont define us.

I am certain they thought / knew we would struggle

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I would advise people not to only watch our games when judging AFLW standards.

From the games I've seen this weekend, we are a long, long way behind the established sides.

Even though that is to be expected, I'm still calling for a change of coach and board.
Can't find the wheelchair team board but assume you are consistent and calling for the coach of that team to be changed as well? :D

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Not sure it is necessary to post that sort of patronising stuff

What the????

How is this patronising???

"treat in a way that is apparently kind or helpful but that betrays a feeling of superiority."

Fair dinkum can you WOKE clowns stop trying to shut down valid opinions - that simply don't align with yours???

“Patterning your life around other’s opinions is nothing more than slavery.”

–Lawana Blackwell