AFLW Tiges Final game against the Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tiges Final game against the Bulldogs

Incredible amount of improvement from a lot of the girls as the season wore on, plus a few of the senior recruits made a big difference that can be built around going forward . i think will have a star in Tessa Lavey going forward, move on the obvious weaknesses and pinch a couple of stars from other clubs and will be finals bound

Reactions: 3 users
From my limited viewing season overall:

Love Gabby Seymour, gets better with each outing.
Didn't play today but Tessa Lavey has huge potential.
Ellie and Conti the stars.
A redemption season for Brennan back to one of the comps best forwards.
Sarah Hosking a good pick up.
Courtney Wakefield, old, (33), but good.
Rebecca Miller: Agricultural but effective.
Harriet Cordner, fantastic addition

The rest meh

Biggest disappointments:

Fredericks
Molan, (wasted 1st round pick)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Didn't play today but Tessa Lavey has heaps of potential.

The rest meh

Biggest disappointments:

Fredericks
Agree, Gabby Seymour is a ripper, really looks like she's enjoying it, and growing game by game.
McKenzie & Conti stars, Brennan living up to the hype this year.
Cordner a good pick up, as was Hosking.
Frederick disappointing, seems to have the tools, but just never turns it on.

Reactions: 1 user

Didn't play today but Tessa Lavey has huge potential.
Harriet Cordner, fantastic addition

The rest meh

Biggest disappointments:

Fredericks
You missed Cordner's recruitment from Melbourne. Has been a rock down back.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think we aren't far off being finals bound. You go down the team and a lot of what we are doing, we are doing right.

Backs - Cordner and Miller - Both had great seasons
HB's - D'Arcy was a great pickup, played forward for the Pies, but reads the ball really well so suited to HB. Ross is tough. The other spot there have been several roll through there, probably an opportunity there to improve
Wings - Burchell, Dargan and Dempsey - Ok but nothing spectacular. Lavey was a revelation (hard to tell if she was playing wing or mid, but reckon she is perfect for the wing, long and rangy running, good kick and she is fast).
Mids - Conti, Hosking, McKenzie (very good best 3 mids), Brancatisano I like, big improver. Jacques, she is good but doesn't get enough of it. Molan (look to improve)
Rucks - Seymour has been excellent, will keep improving
Forwards - Brennan was excellent, Wakefield, Bernardi and Stahl are good too. The more we attack, the more we will get out of these 3. Fredericks is a big disappointment, but looking at her career stats, 0.5 goals per game is very ordinary

Lots to work with

Big winter in the sandhills required for Molan. Might help her lift her feet out of the quicksand she currently runs through.

Big winter in the sandhills required for Molan. Might help her lift her feet out of the quicksand she currently runs through.

The key recruiting areas for us are half back, wing and midfield (her spot). Quicksand is a perfect description for how she goes. Maybe she'd be better suited for half back, less running, a lot about positional play and she's quite tall. She's taller than Sarah D'Arcy so could play a similar intercept role. I don't see her being a long term mid and if she is then we should forget finals.

She does run likes she's moving through treacle, but I thought overall, she has improved her play & decision making over the last 2 or 3 games. Maybe as the team has got better, she's been dragged along a bit.

One of the weirdest running shuffles I have seen since the legendry Colac shuffler, Cliff Young :))

Reactions: 1 users
Just 13 point loss against the Dogs? Well done to the girls. Finals bound next season.