AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
Is it just me or has the narrative changed. The spin now is that AFLX is for kids. Was this line peddled last year?

se7en said:
Mens-santa-unicorn-sweater01.Jpg

Hey guys, got myself one of those new AFLX jumpers.
Does anyone which team this one is?
Didn't know Santa had a uniquehorn, thought he n Rudolph had a thing goin.

tigertim said:
Is it just me or has the narrative changed. The spin now is that AFLX is for kids. Was this line peddled last year?

Knew they should have called it AFLK.

tigertim said:

The problem with that is that parents have to take their kids to it. I wouldn't take my kids if I lived next door the Marvel stadium.

Panthera Tigris said:
A media release today saying that players won't be wearing team attire on turning up to the match venue. They're being encouraged (NBA style), to dress according to "expressing their personality & individuality". So we'll have a red carpet style, lame fashion show of the player's arrival (presumably televised with players being interviewed on arrival).

*smile*ing hell, this gets more absurdly ridiculous by the day.

If you need to navel gaze to the nth degree, to come up with ridiculous side shows, to keep the punters engaged in what you're offering. I think it tells you that what you're selling is utter sh!t and you should disband it.

I'd love to see someone like Rob Sitch and his mates make a parody of AFLX (or indeed a parody show of the inner workings of the AFL itself) along the lines of his Utopia show. He'd never be struggling for material.

Isn't AFLX a parody in itself?

20 point super goals....bloody hell. Even a 5 year old kid could have devised something better than this rubbish. Get ready for the cardboard cutouts at the echoing Dump next Friday.

TigerForce said:
20 point super goals....bloody hell. Even a 5 year old kid could have devised something better than this rubbish. Get ready for the cardboard cutouts at the echoing Dump next Friday.

Why don't they just play next super goal wins?

Breust and Isaac Smith have also pulled out....geez might as well let kids play. What a circus Gill!

The AFL administration is a complete joke - expansion mess, rule changes, AFLW debacle, AFLX. They are hanging onto the coat tails of a juggernaut and doing everything possible to slow it down. What a *smile* show.

TigerForce said:
Breust and Isaac Smith have also pulled out....geez might as well let kids play. What a circus Gill!

They just lost Mitchell they couldn’t afford to lose any of these 2. Great player management by hawthorn

zippadeee said:
They just lost Mitchell they couldn’t afford to lose any of these 2. Great player management by hawthorn

The game is softer than a scratch or practise match. Simply most don't gives a toss about AFLX.