AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Seems pointless. Scoring is irrelevant and so I just can't see any substance. .Happy to stay open minded but I can't see anything in it other than an ugly copy of American hot air.
Fail for me.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ive actually come here using a free ticket like everyone else.

Its kinda like the basketball where the game is incidental to everything else.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
One good thing about this "game" is that the players are all from different clubs and that has to engender good will amongst the various clubs and the players themselves.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
DirtyDogTiger said:
How good was Alex Rance’s entrance on the skateboard. :clap
Highlight of the night.

Believe there were some pretend games of something played so that channel seven could practice their camera angles n commentary for the up coming season. Did we manage to win something??? Or even more importantly. Did our players come through in one piece?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just got home from somewhere better, turned the TV on and this garbage looks like a disorganised circus.

Please someone just kill it....

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As long as all escape injury it has been a bit of light hearted fun and the kids seem to be loving it. Got to love the whingers why the hell are you watching for.
I can actually appreciate the star Patrick Cripps is now that he is not in a Carlton guernsey ;D

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
caesar said:
As long as all escape injury it has been a bit of light hearted fun and the kids seem to be loving it. Got to love the whingers why the hell are you watching for.
I can actually appreciate the star Patrick Cripps is now that he is not in a Carlton guernsey ;D

Just like Big Bash, light hearted fun that's some how become a formal comp with no brains/substance. The missing part.

Those shorts look like 70s stuff.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can't for the life of me understand why people are trying to compare this stuff to big bash.
Cricket used to be a game played over a four or five day format, Shield or Test. They brought in one day cricket, fifty overs a side to excite n tantalise those who got bored trying to follow the long format of the game, basically a new exciting hit n giggle competition. One day cricket got a bit stilted n boring, way to long n slow for the short attention instant gratification viewers so now they've invented big bash. Another shortened high energy hyper version of the game, but it still takes ( dunno, I've never watched a game ) about three or four hours to play a game. The basic rules n context of the game are not that different to Test cricket, it's just been ramped up to hyper speed.

A game of footy is already done n dusted in three hours, yet now they've invented some crap with half a side, playing on half a ground with a whole bunch of different rules n scoring options that's over in the time it takes to peel off a good fart and then we can change undies n watch four games in one afternoon / evening. Thank gawd there's only a few weeks to go before I have to try n concentrate on only one game for my three hours of entertainment.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Actually didn't mind watching that. Much better than I thought it was going to be.

Typical JR to pop up at the end to win it, after being blanketed by Rancey the whole GF.