Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Happy New Year, Tiger Tragics!

Interesting, maybe nothing.
Read on FoxSports site re Footy stars big trades in the property market in 2019.
Rancey has sold off Brighton manor and is rumoured to be returning to Richmond where he previously had a house.

Umm!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
But he didn't deny the rumours....

:help:help
He said " I’m not overly religious, so it’s something that I don’t completely understand on the level that you do. But if it’s important to you, it’s important to me. I’m proud of you for staying true to yourself."

What that says to me is that the reason we were given on why he was retiring is true. Jack obviously doesn't understand it but this is totally consistent with the message that was given the day he retired.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

That message from Jackmond highlights the RFC culture right now and just about says it all why this club has been successful over the recent few seasons.

Jackmond basically says "I dont get it but if its important to you then its important to me."

What a bunch of leaders we have.

Its a different style and level of leadership to what the great Hawks and Cats sides had.

There is a close brotherhood a real bond at a personal level between the guys that is above other clubs who've tried to manufacture what is organic at the RFC.

Who knows whats going on but I'm not writing the Tross off completely just yet, he is still listed and the door is no doubt ajar for him to walk back through it.

Will wait and see but if he is done then my thoughts and best wishes still stand for him, he gave us more than we could hope to receive from our players when he arrived.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He said " I’m not overly religious, so it’s something that I don’t completely understand on the level that you do. But if it’s important to you, it’s important to me. I’m proud of you for staying true to yourself."

What that says to me is that the reason we were given on why he was retiring is true. Jack obviously doesn't understand it but this is totally consistent with the message that was given the day he retired.
I was taking the *smile* of all the idiots sucked into this *smile*.

Sorry if it wasn't obvious.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Thats rubbish, no religious scripture calls for :thou shall not post thy twitter".

Any directive from the club or Rnace for a "social media" ban, i think, nevre happened. Why would you do that? It would obviously make more smoke to a story. IF this was a standard straight forward retirment, then the script would be - do everything you normally do when a great,loved player retires.

Nothing about this is normal. Its all unusual. The players are dead silent. JH and his GF stuff is now on top of that.

The situation is beginning to spiral & the club needs to sort it out now.

IF this situation is all clean, then Benny, Trent, Dimma and Rance need to hold a PROPER press conference and clarify it as such.

If the situation is not normal, then the club needss to get on topof it as the rumours have started and are potentially club destroying.

I love Rance, but as i said previously - I love the club more. It took nearly 40 ******* years of **** to get to where we are now - i will not let one player and his religious beliefs a dn quirky behaviour stuff it all up. Just because you were a key part in building something, does not give you a green light to do **** that can potentially bring it down.

Club first - get on the front foot richmond and get put this stuff to rest. If this is a relationship issue between Rance and his wife & only rance and his wife -then that story needs to get out so the smoke moves away from Punt Road.

As hard as it was to GET this dynasty, we can lose it in a blink of an eye over **** like this, especially when our clubs biggest strength is our internal relationships

Nice melt. Stick to polluting Big Footy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Where there is smoke there is fire. Some are just scrub fires others raging bush fires .Here in the West the word ia a fire at Punt Road has not been contained & will be difficult to contain.

Ah well the West would surely know.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Where there is smoke there is fire. Some are just scrub fires others raging bush fires .Here in the West the word ia a fire at Punt Road has not been contained & will be difficult to contain.
Are you referring to Dimma n the players scorched earth policy of torching the crap out of the competition for a few more years n winning another two or three flags in a hurry?

Reactions: 6 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Are you referring to Dimma n the players scorched earth policy of torching the crap out of the competition for a few more years n winning another two or three flags in a hurry?

In a matter of speaking "Yes" but Tigerlove missed that point.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, what a meltdown of a thread.

Rance retired, no Richmond supporter will be happy as he is the sort of player you can't really replace, greats can't just be replaced, they just aren't that common.

He gave us many years of enjoyment and we are all thankful for this but ultimately it is his decision to go.

His religion is his business. I have never been a fan of religion but not my life so not my choice.

The rumours of an affair seem to be a complete fabrication so let's just let that crap die a natural death.

I have no social media so don't give a crap what is said on social media. I suspect that the club, Rance and the other players didn't want to create more interest in and speculation (not to mention making crap up) about his retirement, so they have chosen not to comment on this. I think that is a good move given the reports about Rance's marriage being in trouble. The less fuel given to the media the less they can crap on about this - let Rance and his wife sort this out in private, none of our business.

I also reiterate that I reckon Rance was talking about retiring shortly after the season but was convinced to think about it for a while before announcing the retirement, or maybe he was more focussed on his life given the issues with his marriage. In any case, while I agree the timing wasn't great, I don't think there is anything untoward in this, it just happened when it happened.

Now, let's cut the speculation, cut the intrusiveness and let Alex get on with his life and choose if he wants to return to footy. The more forums like this speculate and rant about this issue the more grist there is for the media to blow everything out of proportion and make up more crap.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
We have freed up significant cap space.
We should have a red hot crack at Moore.
Not in Ranceys league but coming into his prime.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have freed up significant cap space.
We should have a red hot crack at Moore.
Not in Ranceys league but coming into his prime.

Rather bring back johnny manton.
Darcy Moore farts and he misses a month.
Would you (in the outer) and call out "Go Darcy"?
I wouldn't

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user