Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

That would suggest that the entire list, all 40+ players, think the same way. No chance. This is a directive either from Club, Rance or Leadership Group.
Or, perhaps both suggestions are true? Even if some players thought less of him they would not post it. We await their public comments in the new year.

Maybe Rance has said to avoid commenting as he doesn't want his marriage being discussed in the papers etc. There's oodles of potential reasons.
The question is, do you as a Tigers supporter feel it's owed to you?
To put it politely, Rance was brilliant. But if he's gone, he's gone. No point looking backwards. If we do, we'll end up with lots of time celebrating the 2019 premiership, maybe even 37 years of it.

Reactions: 4 users
The question is, do you as a Tigers supporter feel it's owed to you?

Not really no. Rance has done his bit to make us the greatest club in AFL for the last few years. He doesn't owe us anything.

The only caveat on that is if something untoward has happened which could destabilise the current fabric of the team. In due time I would expect the club to make a statement when it felt it was the right time to do so. Until then whatever is official is all there is and all that there needs to be.

Reactions: 6 users
It would be fair to assume that this is a club/Rance mandate or request. For the whole team to refrain from making any public comment it can only be a club wide decision / (in)action.

Speaking too much sense, Baloo.

Got a feeling there is a lot of truth to the story but perhaps the names thrown around are incorrect. You can't just make this *smile* up without a shred of some sort evidence. The fact that most players haven't said a word on social media is damning. Especially Riewoldt. They were extremely close. For Jack to not even acknowledge him all this time just doesn't seem right no matter what you say. Would just be our luck that we finally get a team together that could become a dynasty only to have something stupid happen that would destabilise the whole situation. The abruptness of the retirement. The divorce all of a sudden. Hope it is completely wrong but I'm worried there is a lot of smoke here and possibly fire. Why us!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a feeling there is a lot of truth to the story but perhaps the names thrown around are incorrect. You can't just make this **** up without a shred of some sort evidence. The fact that most players haven't said a word on social media is damning. Especially Riewoldt. They were extremely close. For Jack to not even acknowledge him all this time just doesn't seem right no matter what you say. Would just be our luck that we finally get a team together that could become a dynasty only to have something stupid happen that would destabilise the whole situation. The abruptness of the retirement. The divorce all of a sudden. Hope it is completely wrong but I'm worried there is a lot of smoke here and possibly fire. Why us!
mate, Divorce !!!, they've separated, a divorce is potentially a long way down the track

He’s publicly come out and retired though. You would think they’d post something.
The only thing I can think of is that he has told them not to. Possibly for religious reasons? But agree, certainly the most curious part of all of this.

Thats rubbish, no religious scripture calls for :thou shall not post thy twitter".

Any directive from the club or Rnace for a "social media" ban, i think, nevre happened. Why would you do that? It would obviously make more smoke to a story. IF this was a standard straight forward retirment, then the script would be - do everything you normally do when a great,loved player retires.

Nothing about this is normal. Its all unusual. The players are dead silent. JH and his GF stuff is now on top of that.

The situation is beginning to spiral & the club needs to sort it out now.

IF this situation is all clean, then Benny, Trent, Dimma and Rance need to hold a PROPER press conference and clarify it as such.

If the situation is not normal, then the club needss to get on topof it as the rumours have started and are potentially club destroying.

I love Rance, but as i said previously - I love the club more. It took nearly 40 *smile* years of *smile* to get to where we are now - i will not let one player and his religious beliefs a dn quirky behaviour stuff it all up. Just because you were a key part in building something, does not give you a green light to do *smile* that can potentially bring it down.

Club first - get on the front foot richmond and get put this stuff to rest. If this is a relationship issue between Rance and his wife & only rance and his wife -then that story needs to get out so the smoke moves away from Punt Road.

As hard as it was to GET this dynasty, we can lose it in a blink of an eye over *smile* like this, especially when our clubs biggest strength is our internal relationships

Last edited:

Is it? Maybe the BigFooty / SM Troll ecosystems, but I don't see anything spiralling lout of control. Doesn't seem a big story in the media (excluding the HUN of course but they're probably trying to find a new click generating story now that Jimmy & Nadia stories are dying).

Reactions: 1 users
Damn Rioli what are you doing giving your respects to Rance on social media? What new rumours can we think of to keep this going in overdrive?

Damn Rioli what are you doing giving your respects to Rance on social media? What new rumours can we think of to keep this going in overdrive?

There is plenty of them out there , it's just the Higgins one that people have given the most attention to.

Thats rubbish, no religious scripture calls for :thou shall not post thy twitter".

Any directive from the club or Rnace for a "social media" ban, i think, nevre happened. Why would you do that? It would obviously make more smoke to a story. IF this was a standard straight forward retirment, then the script would be - do everything you normally do when a great,loved player retires.

Nothing about this is normal. Its all unusual. The players are dead silent. JH and his GF stuff is now on top of that.

IF this situation is all clean, then Benny, Trent, Dimma and Rance need to hold a PROPER press conference and clarify it as such.

If the situation is not normal, then the club needss to get on topof it as the rumours have started and are potentially club destroying.

I love Rance, but as i said previously - I love the club more. It took nearly 40 ******* years of **** to get to where we are now - i will not let one player and his religious beliefs a dn quirky behaviour stuff it all up. Just because you were a key part in building something, does not give you a green light to do **** that can potentially bring it down.

Club first - get on the front foot richmond and get put this stuff to rest. If this is a relationship issue between Rance and his wife & only rance and his wife -then that story needs to get out so the smoke moves away from Punt Road.

As hard as it was to GET this dynasty, we can lose it in a blink of an eye over **** like this, especially when our clubs biggest strength is our internal relationships

Tad dramatic luv

Reactions: 6 users
Is it? Maybe the BigFooty / SM Troll ecosystems, but I don't see anything spiralling lout of control. Doesn't seem a big story in the media (excluding the HUN of course but they're probably trying to find a new click generating story now that Jimmy & Nadia stories are dying).

It will be. Its footy off-season & we are i the gooch period between Xmas and New Years. There is no big story, outside of Australia being on fire at the moment. The Rance story has too much juice in it to not get attention. He is EXACTLY the type of person that the beer drinking AFL public would love to crucify, ala Adam Goodes. Look at how much they feasted on him about "being a diver"? That was an unnatural hate considering the circumstances. Rances clean cut, pretty boy, almost gay mannerisms + being a religious Zealot makes him a prime target for a media circus.

This is, by far, the biggest challenge we have had to our modern dynasty, Richmond failed onfield for 40 years because they couldn't sort out their offield *smile* Anyone who thinks this is under control externally or internally for the club, is deluded. it will be a time bomb

All need to take a chill pill. It will come out at some point, very likely early in the new year. Personally the less we speculate the quicker the club can move on.
I feel for all parties who’s names have been bought forward, not necessary as it causes more pain for them.
Just want a 3rd premiership in 2020, I’m confident it will happen, just need all this speculation to stop, whether their is truth in it or not.

This is, by far, the biggest challenge we have had to our modern dynasty, Richmond failed onfield for 40 years because they couldn't sort out their offield **** Anyone who thinks this is under control externally or internally for the club, is deluded. it will be a time bomb

Nah, biggest challenge were the ferals and media who we're calling for Dimma and Peggy's heads in 2016, even go as far as supporting the muppets that were FoF.

This is just *smile* social media frenzy that will affect some segment of the fans more than it will the club.

Reactions: 3 users
Nah, biggest challenge were the ferals and media who we're calling for Dimma and Peggy's heads in 2016, even go as far as supporting the muppets that were FoF.

This is just *smile* social media frenzy that will affect some segment of the fans more than it will the club.
Really. So if what alleged happened you don't think would cause a rift or issues in the playing group? I know the North Carey saga divided their playing group and they never recovered. This stuff is toxic if and when it happens. Players lose a sense of trust and brotherhood as they start questioning each others loyalty. As I said I hope this is all fake news and nothing sinister has happened. If it has though it may well end the dynasty we finally built after so many years of crap.

There is something not right about this story and I'm not suggesting anything like has been talked.I still can't get my head around it no farewell speech online, no Dimma comments and that Cotch interview didn't seem right for me.Whatever it is club needs to go on front foot and put it to bed if it's internal.