Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hows the AFL article comparing Rance and Andrews for Lions figures. They "normalise" Andrews figures by adding 20% and low and behold he is now better than Rance. FFS the press are wankers....

Andrews is a Good player, but let's see him over a career not over 4 games.
Totally agree.
The media hasn't got anything to hold on to.
Last week it was Dixon
This week its Andrews.
And if Hawkins kicks 5 on him tonight, it will be Hawkins next week.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hows the AFL article comparing Rance and Andrews for Lions figures. They "normalise" Andrews figures by adding 20% and low and behold he is now better than Rance. FFS the press are wankers....

Funnily enough they only "normalised" the ones they wanted, the 0.57 goals per game he was conceding they chose not to normalise. That would have been 0.71 versus Rances 0.88 (as per article). Still makes the same point, but by only normalising what you choose to and not everything then it reduces the impact of the article.

He's had an excellent start to the season and has had a good start to his career. If he can continue this form then he can be spoken about in line with Rance and Scarlett IMO but plenty of players have a purple patch of form. He is already a very good player, whether he can take that to be a great we'll see.

What I like about Andrews though which suggests that he could get to that great status, is he's 201cm but has very good agility too. He might get there, but its too early to say that he's already there like that article suggests.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
On draft picks for Sir Alex, list sizes are going to come down so it's more of a risk for a club to put on someone with his recent playing history, and high draft picks will be at more of a premium. The salary cap will be lower, too, which will all make it hard for him to get on a list.
All true Tony,
But if rumours are true that he is already looking to resume his career and go to a new club and that club is a club with reasonable final 4 aspirations then we should hit both parties with a very significant demand.
Frankly I would prefer to keep him contracted to us for no pay for no play, than let him dog us elsewhere.
No less than a top 8 pick in my view.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If Balta continues to play like he did last week, we will soon be saying Rance, who's Rance.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I heard he will be back but it won’t be at Richmond

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Forget the Bachelor. The big Rance news is Caro saying last night a comeback is on the cards!
Did she elaborate on whether it would be with us or elsewhere? Any team other than the RFC would basically confirm he retired because he did have a falling out with the club.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
The preference would be with us, but with Balta's emergence the structure would be interesting. Would probably force Broad up the field to a wing. In many ways, it's more important that Astbury stays fit and in the team for the next few years while this group remains together and in the premiership window.

Bottom line is Rance is a generational defender and don't want to see him at another club if he does make a comeback. With Astbury, Grimes, Balta, Baker, Houli, Broad and Short, that's an unbelievable defensive unit.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'm not buying it. Don't think he'll make a comeback.

If he did, naturally we'd love to see him back with the Tigers. Would hate seeing him running around for another club.

Let's see.

Reactions: 3 users