Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I have no idea if there's a rift between Rance and the club. Hopefully not, and if he comes back it's with us. If there is a problem and he wants to go to another contender, I'd play hardball given he is contracted and could be the difference to a contending club. I know we're all about love and mungbeans, but retiring with two years on your contract and then wanting to un-retire with a rival while still contracted would have me inclined to say they can pay up or he can sit out another year. Imagine giving him away for pick 80 and he destroys Jack in a final. No.

If Kelly is worth 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder, Rance might get us something descent.
Unless he has pissed off the club and they don't give a shiit

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I understand the 2 years out of the game, the age and the knee injury.

But I also understand 5 times All Australian and All Australian captain and a premiership.

Also, under contract for 2021.

If some other club wants him and we don't then they just gotta pay or he plays nowhere.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A reminder that Higgins partner Tenisha adamantly denied that there was any truth to these rumours. It's just scurrilous rubbish to keep regurgitating this stuff.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
A reminder that Higgins partner Tenisha adamantly denied that there was any truth to these rumours. It's just scurrilous rubbish to keep regurgitating this stuff.

Really don't want to drag this up again but there is no denial of anything in that quote/post from her. Just go away, leave us alone, we're happy.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I don’t know if Alex Rance is persona non grata at Richmond or not. I only know what I’ve read on here.

So with that I pose this question –

Is there no indiscretion that cannot be forgiven and the individual welcomed back into the fold?

If the club hierarchy decided that he isn’t wanted back, game over, but if they could see a chance that he could come back, then they could start the groundwork with the playing group to think about what “forgiveness” could look like. It would be a lengthy process and Alex would need to be genuine in his mea culpa. Show genuine humility and remorse.

Thoughts?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
All I want to say is that he fluffed his turn on the skateboard when rolling along in his white suit to the AFLX match ..

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Really don't want to drag this up again but there is no denial of anything in that quote/post from her. Just go away, leave us alone, we're happy.

The worst of the worst.
When online dregs make up crap and idiot journalists run with it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

So if it wasn't that, so what was it?
You cant have a champion of the club just pack his bag and leave a week before xmas, no fanfare,
No tributes etc.
The club releases footage of players walking onto punt rd.
How can there be no footage of the playing group farewelling Rance?
Where's the Tributes from his teammates?
He was gone like a fart in the ocean.
He did something that pissed off the club. Period.
**And im Not going with the bullshiit story of higgins either. I reckon he had done something to upset the entire playing group.
He was a joker

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I don’t know if Alex Rance is persona non grata at Richmond or not. I only know what I’ve read on here.

So with that I pose this question –

Is there no indiscretion that cannot be forgiven and the individual welcomed back into the fold?

If the club hierarchy decided that he isn’t wanted back, game over, but if they could see a chance that he could come back, then they could start the groundwork with the playing group to think about what “forgiveness” could look like. It would be a lengthy process and Alex would need to be genuine in his mea culpa. Show genuine humility and remorse.

Thoughts?

Players 'post' photos of nearly everything you can think of.
pets, skylines, hoildays, renovations, new toys etc.
I have not seen i post that includes Rance in it.
Prime example.
When Bulter was traded to Stkilda, photos of Bulter in a Stkilda jumper were posted. Cotchin jack etc
Wishing him all the best.
I didn't see any of that when Rance decided to leave.
Whatever he did is a mystery and maybe one day on 'Open Mike' we will find out the truth.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
On draft picks for Sir Alex, list sizes are going to come down so it's more of a risk for a club to put on someone with his recent playing history, and high draft picks will be at more of a premium. The salary cap will be lower, too, which will all make it hard for him to get on a list.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
I don't think the rift is there as you guys think.

We have been in a long lockdown so players could not catch up with him. Alex himself was always open to just leaving footy whenever he wanted.

He also appeared on Patrick Naish's podcast post retirement with no tension or animosity.

I think maybe he didn't want the fanfare for leaving. He was part of the VFL and AFL celebrations.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
I thought i read/heard somewhere that during the last lockdown he was involved in a group chat with dusty and a couple of ex-players

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have no idea if there's a rift between Rance and the club. Hopefully not, and if he comes back it's with us. If there is a problem and he wants to go to another contender, I'd play hardball given he is contracted and could be the difference to a contending club. I know we're all about love and mungbeans, but retiring with two years on your contract and then wanting to un-retire with a rival while still contracted would have me inclined to say they can pay up or he can sit out another year. Imagine giving him away for pick 80 and he destroys Jack in a final. No.
Spot on Spook. The thought we should give up a club champion and 5 time AA for next to nothing, to a premiership rival, is just ridiculous. I know we're all kisses and cuddles these days but FFS it would be the height of stupidity and negligence to make a rival stronger for little compensation.

Pay up or wait until 2022!

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Players 'post' photos of nearly everything you can think of.
pets, skylines, hoildays, renovations, new toys etc.
I have not seen i post that includes Rance in it.
Prime example.
When Bulter was traded to Stkilda, photos of Bulter in a Stkilda jumper were posted. Cotchin jack etc
Wishing him all the best.
I didn't see any of that when Rance decided to leave.
Whatever he did is a mystery and maybe one day on 'Open Mike' we will find out the truth.
Pretty sure Jack posted he didnt understand religion but supports his decision if it makes him happy.

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
He also appeared on Patrick Naish's podcast post retirement with no tension or animosity.

I heard the pod too, and it sounded like a couple of teammates chatting happily. Pat also interviewed Jack Higgins a couple of eps later and it’s clear they’re old mates from junior days. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that he’d talk to Alex if anything funny had gone on. Zero. So I think we can put that one to bed.

But I do have a theory on the lack of fanfare.

Alex mentioned a few times that his religion frowned upon self-importance, especially in the public sphere. It was one thing that he was uncomfortable with. He was grappling with idolatry.

‘I’d prefer if nobody makes a fuss. It’s against what my religion stands for’.
‘Sure. Whatever you like’.

It’s just a theory.

Reactions: 5 users

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
I heard the pod too, and it sounded like a couple of teammates chatting happily. Pat also interviewed Jack Higgins a couple of eps later and it’s clear they’re old mates from junior days. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell that he’d talk to Alex if anything funny had gone on. Zero. So I think we can put that one to bed.

But I do have a theory on the lack of fanfare.

Alex mentioned a few times that his religion frowned upon self-importance, especially in the public sphere. It was one thing that he was uncomfortable with. He was grappling with idolatry.

‘I’d prefer if nobody makes a fuss. It’s against what my religion stands for’.
‘Sure. Whatever you like’.

It’s just a theory.

TJ that is a great and understandable theory.

I think Alex was just done.

I understand people wanting compensation if he does move clubs. But it does not really make sense to me.

My attitude to Alex, and Houli and Edwards, is thanks for the two flags I never thought I would see out of this list at the end of 2016. Do what you want and what makes you happy. I still remember watching the doggies win in 2016 thinking "We are so far off from this it is ridiculous". Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The one thing that didn't feel right when Rance left was his interview with Richo. Plenty of thanks and priase for Truck. No mention of Leppa. Not sure there was much of a mention for Dimma either.

I found it odd as Truck had already left us. But it could very well be nothing

Reactions: 1 users

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Hows the AFL article comparing Rance and Andrews for Lions figures. They "normalise" Andrews figures by adding 20% and low and behold he is now better than Rance. FFS the press are wankers....