Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

Can’t imagine that McQualter has changed tactics, game plan or even the general message too much from Hardwick. But sometimes, it’s not what is said but who says it that matters.

Reactions: 4 users
Well we won the COVID Cup, why not the Caretaker Cup

Imagine if we denied Collingwood in the process

With Nank giving USA a compound fracture of the skull

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I think there’s an element of ‘it’s June’

This is usually a big boy time of year for us and I wouldn’t be surprised if we went on a run

A run inevitably capped by how much improvement we can squeeze from the kids and how much longevity we can eke out of the vets.

Smaller margin for error than the halcyon years, as we saw in the EF last year.

It's remarkable what a fresh voice can do. I rated our list as top 4 coming into the season. We looked like a bottom 6 list under Dimma. Suddenly we look like a top 4 list again under Mini. Team sport is incredibly nuanced and notoriously difficult to diagnose where the issues are. However we are playing much better individually and collectively - even the OG superstars - Martin, Cotchin, Jack - all have lifted. Dimma knew it was time for him, perhaps that was his last great act for the club.

Very interesting game this week for mini. Protege comes up against his former master. Could be the making of a future AFL coach.

Reactions: 1 users
Further tweaks last night. We went round the outside rather than through the corridor. Clear change in approach. I'm guessing triggered by how Freo set up but still a change from our preferred approach also makes the job easier for the defence if/when there is a turnover. We used Tylar as the goal keeper (mixed results) and played Noah higher up which worked well.

The forwards also had a clear focus with Marlion getting into his role and just playing front and getting the ball to ground. Samson getting better at it as well.

Mini's changing a few things each game but still keeping the overall gameplan.

Reactions: 11 users
Further tweaks last night. We went round the outside rather than through the corridor. Clear change in approach. I'm guessing triggered by how Freo set up but still a change from our preferred approach also makes the job easier for the defence if/when there is a turnover. We used Tylar as the goal keeper (mixed results) and played Noah higher up which worked well.

The forwards also had a clear focus with Marlion getting into his role and just playing front and getting the ball to ground. Samson getting better at it as well.

Dusty and Cotch more time at center bounces too.

postin' HK.

I haven't had a chance to watch us live since Mini took the reins but I'd love to have a close look at our we're structuring down back.

postin' HK.

I haven't had a chance to watch us live since Mini took the reins but I'd love to have a close look at our we're structuring down back.
Down back we are working the spare. Like HK said we want the goal keeper. This always one player to always to leave their man and attack the contest. We did that numerous times last night and forced a turnover.

Also our centre bounce set up is constantly changing throughout the game. Different combinations. Unpredictable.

Reactions: 3 users
How much better will we be if Gibcus comes back for Young - massive difference to our defence and then their is our glaring weakness of a lack of a power forward - could we dare to dream that we will see Lynch back this year.

On last nights game, these two book ends means we save a couple of goals and maybe kick a couple more ourselves - they easily make us a 3 to 4 goal better team.

Reactions: 6 users
Down back we are working the spare. Like HK said we want the goal keeper. This always one player to always to leave their man and attack the contest. We did that numerous times last night and forced a turnover.

Also our centre bounce set up is constantly changing throughout the game. Different combinations. Unpredictable.
Dimma always liked the +1 down there but it seems to be working real well for us at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

nice analysis HK.