Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
Can’t keep gifting Dow games. Hasn’t performed well at all. To weak, slow and no ticker. Sonsie would be better on ball all game.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Hopper has his knee strapped up like he has been biten by a great white.
How the *smile* is he ready??
Its actually quite smart. This way, when he does injure his knee again we will be able to send him straight back out, without having to waste time bandaging him up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Its actually quite smart. This way, when he does injure his knee again we will be able to send him straight back out, without having to waste time bandaging him up.
yeah we should get an extra few k's out of him. If my old man was still around he could patch anything up with a wire twitch.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm with this.... indeed I seem to recall (mistakenly?) that he played well in the pre-season game against Melbourne and held his own against the much lauded Melbourne ruck.

Out: Short, Dow, TBC
IN: Hopper, Grimes, Naismith
I get the thought process and in terms of this one game it makes some sense but I get the feeling we are more likely to pick Ryan than Naismith as it seems to be more in line with the development thinking. There is an argument to pick both actually because Melbourne's 2nd ruck is Van Rooyen and Naismith would give us an advantage over him.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If old mate Ryan Sampson can't get a gig this week, with 123 players out and kicking four, it will speak volumes about where the club thinks he is at.

Big week coming up.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If old mate Ryan Sampson can't get a gig this week, with 123 players out and kicking four, it will speak volumes about where the club thinks he is at.

Big week coming up.
Rubbish call.

Do you expect him to take Shorts place off half back?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Rubbish call.

Do you expect him to take Shorts place off half back?
LOL. We can't kick a score, we have no tall forwards, Kosi is struggling. We are in desperate need of someone to stand up in the forward line.

When do the excuses stop and Ryan actually does something at AFL level besides get hyped to the hilt?

If not now, when?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
When do the excuses stop and Ryan actually does something at AFL level besides get hyped to the hilt?
He has to get picked first.

He has held up his end of the bargain by kicking 8 goals in 2 games.

Bit hard to kick goals by siting in N23 of the Shane Warne Stand.

BTW you're not Kane Cornes are you?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He has to get picked first.

He has held up his end of the bargain by kicking 8 goals in 2 games.

Bit hard to kick goals by siting in N23 of the Shane Warne Stand.

BTW you're not Kane Cornes are you?
If he doesn't get picked, will tell you a lot about where the club thinks he is at.

We have so many injuries and have STILL preferred a 26-year-old ex Melbourne Storm player ahead of him with Kosi who can't get near it.

There is a spot there. If Yze and Co are going to use him now, when?

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
We need to find a way to physically work Gawn over and break even with their midfield. Not easy even at full strength.

Wouldn't mind seeing Naismith and Nank working in tandem.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
LOL. We can't kick a score, we have no tall forwards, Kosi is struggling. We are in desperate need of someone to stand up in the forward line.

If not now, when?
Guaranteed to get a game when we only have 23 AFL listed players available.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
We need to find a way to physically work Gawn over and break even with their midfield. Not easy even at full strength.

Wouldn't mind seeing Naismith and Nank working in tandem.
Agree
Ryan can wait another week

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
yeah we should get an extra few k's out of him. If my old man was still around he could patch anything up with a wire twitch.

Duct tape & cable ties, the answer to all handyman's prayers. :))

Oh & don't forget your silicone gun.

• Haha