Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
This game last year both Nank and Soldo were injured and Samson played 1st Ruck with Miller backing him up. He did really well for a half but then Gawn over powered him and killed us in the 2nd half.

That little period when he was playing ruck convinced me that he could be an AFL ruck. But you are right, someone like Gawn has very sure hands and if Samson is going to make it as a player he has to hold his marks. By all reports he has marked well in the vfl in recent weeks.
I remember that game - Sampson really held his own for a while there - I was pretty surprised by how good he was. You’d think he could at the very least neutralise Gawn in periods where Nank is resting and maybe even allow Nank to drop back in defence. I suspect the ball is going to be coming into our defence rather a lot on Wed night.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
McAuliffe and Sonie out while Macca and Pickett continue to stink it up. Ryan should be in reward form.

Feb 25, 2007
McAuliffe Omitted GTFO. Banks just needs to sneeze and he gets back into the side.

In: Dylan Grimes, Jacob Hopper, Sam Naismith, Sam Banks
Out: Jayden Short (injured), Jacob Koschitzke (omitted), Kane McAuliffe (omitted), Tyler Sonsie (omitted)

Round 7, Richmond v Melbourne, Wednesday, April 24, 7.25pm AEST, MCG

BacksTylar Young45Nathan Broad35Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksNick Vlastuin1Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineHugo Ralphsmith13Jack Graham34Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Rhyan Mansell31Maurice Rioli10
ForwardsMykelti Lefau42Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
FollowersToby Nankervis25Liam Baker7Thomson Dow27
Interchange:Jacob Hopper22Sam Naismith24Ben Miller46
Sam Banks41Kamdyn McIntosh33
Emergencies:Tyler Sonsie40Jacob Koschitzke20Kane McAuliffe28

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
May we all be so fortunate to find someone that believes in us as much as Yze believes in Dow.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
McAuliffe should have been kept in - ridiculous dropping him after 1 and a bit games. Banks didn’t deserve a spot.

If Sonsie isn’t a true midfielder or a high half forward, then what is he? Could we at least try him in the midfield at AFL level? Anyway so few players to pick from and too many poor players in the team.

Understand Naismith over Ryan or Kosi. Hope he can play forward though.

Reactions: 3 users