Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I get the thought process and in terms of this one game it makes some sense but I get the feeling we are more likely to pick Ryan than Naismith as it seems to be more in line with the development thinking. There is an argument to pick both actually because Melbourne's 2nd ruck is Van Rooyen and Naismith would give us an advantage over him.
Naismith by a nose.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Hopefully this week. There is no logic why he wouldnt.

End The Farce.
I think Samson will and should play but it would not surprise me if Kozy plays again and Samson doesn't. Just that Yze wasn't that down on Kozy's game against the Eagles in his presser after the game.
I am not sure what the answer is but the key to hurt Melbourne defensively is that we have to engage Lever and May. They have to have someone on them who presents continually or they just sag off and intercept and that sets Melbourne up the way they like to play. (You would expect that McDonald will play back as well.)

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I agree

FFS guys just take a deep breath and enjoy watching the young fellas develop. We are a middling team that has been turned into a bottom team by injuries atm.

I also don't like the way some post about our players. I suspect there isn't a player on the list who isn't doing the best he can and if that is not good enough then so be it. But constant bagging and mocking of players is getting a bit tiresome imo.

But that's just me.
You are absolutely right. I for one shd do better!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think Samson will and should play but it would not surprise me if Kozy plays again and Samson doesn't. Just that Yze wasn't that down on Kozy's game against the Eagles in his presser after the game.
I am not sure what the answer is but the key to hurt Melbourne defensively is that we have to engage Lever and May. They have to have someone on them who presents continually or they just sag off and intercept and that sets Melbourne up the way they like to play. (You would expect that McDonald will play back as well.)
Samson’s marking can be a bit iffy, but it’s better than Cymbal Hands 2, and he’s tall enough to play the ruck and at least get in Gawn’s way.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Samson’s marking can be a bit iffy, but it’s better than Cymbal Hands 2, and he’s tall enough to play the ruck and at least get in Gawn’s way.
This game last year both Nank and Soldo were injured and Samson played 1st Ruck with Miller backing him up. He did really well for a half but then Gawn over powered him and killed us in the 2nd half.

That little period when he was playing ruck convinced me that he could be an AFL ruck. But you are right, someone like Gawn has very sure hands and if Samson is going to make it as a player he has to hold his marks. By all reports he has marked well in the vfl in recent weeks.

Reactions: 2 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
My only wish is that we are competitive for 4 qtrs. I hope that the team channel some ANZAC spirit, and fight this one out against what seems are overwhelming odds.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Going by what Ooze said, it looks like Grimo and Hop are definite INS and possibly Samson.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Zip Tote opens @5pm

Petty Carey to kick more then 5 $1.50
Gawn and Petrecca to dominate $1.01
Van Hooganband best game of the season $1.20
Langdon to kick 1 on the Full $1.02

Us to have no injuries $1000-1

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Kane to kick his goal
Shai to kick 5 goals
Dusty near perfect game
MJ to break highest scoring involvement for a game

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Zip Tote opens @5pm

Petty Carey to kick more then 5 $1.50
Gawn and Petrecca to dominate $1.01
Van Hooganband best game of the season $1.20
Langdon to kick 1 on the Full $1.02

Us to have no injuries $1000-1
I’ll have a lobster on the Tigers. Excellent odds. Demons are not really in compelling form. Lost to Brisbane last start at the “g” where lions just dont play well.