ARC Appeal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ARC Appeal

A class action by punters who lost on the outcome. It might also help question the influence of gambling on sporting outcomes.
Yes, very much so TBH. Especially when you throw in the strangely timed release onto social media of the "scandalous" Dusty grope vid from 7 years ago, that certain sectors of the mainstream media heavily exposed, by whatever scurrilous grub it was who saved it up for now of all times.

Would be a useful investigation to see whether there were some great splurges on the Brions to win at the Gabba, where and by whom?

Reactions: 1 users
Kicking from no more than 10-12 metres out, the ball was still going up as it crossed the line inside the post. It’s only much further on that it reaches the elevation to appear that it is above the post. If he'd kicked it that high, it would have plopped done within the front rows, not curled so far into the second tier.

Correctomundo - *smile* stitched by sheer incompetence. There are still people that watch this that think it went over the post or through the points - they don't really look frame by frame because they don't want to know the truth

Kicking from no more than 10-12 metres out, the ball was still going up as it crossed the line inside the post. It’s only much further on that it reaches the elevation to appear that it is above the post. If he'd kicked it that high, it would have plopped done within the front rows, not curled so far into the second tier.

I only caught up with this vision today (golf day yesterday). Clearly and absolutely a goal. No detectable contact with any posts and the ball has bent well inside the far post long before it rose high above the far post. Totally false and deceptive vision used by ARC to deny RFC a goal which may well have won the match.
Look also at the reactions of fans in the foreground celebrating immediately. Lynch has since said he was blinded by the bright lights behind the goals as he looked up. There are no other RFC players on the goal-line watching it; great to see - they are in positions with opponents, not distracted.

Hence no celebrations by our players (and irrelevant any way).

We have been robbed! (What a surprise!)

Club should launch legal action.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
The footage from behind Lynch throws up another angle that shows the ball go behind the post 3/4 of the way up before it hooks back at the top of the goal post. Therefore the definitive picture of the ball above the post occurs behind the goal line. Even on the night the ump asked whether it hit the post not whether it occured above the post. I truly believe it was a goal. Even moreso now I think we should press the AFL for the conclusive vision.
What I don't get is why Lynch wasn't sure - maybe he thought it snicked the post? Which makes the Arc decision redundant because his call was over the post. ISn't there 10,000 people that were sitting behind it - have they come out on radio?

What I don't get is why Lynch wasn't sure - maybe he thought it snicked the post? Which makes the Arc decision redundant because his call was over the post. ISn't there 10,000 people that were sitting behind it - have they come out on radio?
sorry should have read above post

a trained and approved goal umpire who practices all the time at the highest level, who was standing in the best position said, he believed it was a goal.

Reactions: 2 users
Let it go campaigners we stuffed up in that game far more times than the ARC. Didn’t deserve it in the end.

It’s not the fact that they overturned the decision (personally I don’t think it was a goal), it’s that in doing so they went against their own rule. This is a big problem with the AFL, they keep changing their own rules to suit themselves. For the integrity of the competition this sort of thing and rule changes and tweaks needs to be handled by a group separate to the AFL and characters like Brad Scott and Hocking before him should have next to nothing to do with it and certainly no influence over it.
Why don't you think was a goal?

Reactions: 1 user
Let it go campaigners we stuffed up in that game far more times than the ARC. Didn’t deserve it in the end.
This is a monumental error and I will whinge and carry on for as long as I like. I am aware we made mistakes on the field - but this is next level and bigger than failing to punch a ball through for a point

Reactions: 7 users
Why don't you think was a goal?
I reckon it went straight over the post. Either way Lynch butchered 2 chances to seal the game.

Without Prestia and Grimes our season was cooked anyway.

Last edited:
Best solution for this type of situation is to have a small camera pointing up along the inside of the post. Pretty much the goal umpires view. Can also view if the ball nicks the post. Mount it inside the top of the padding.

Why can’t we make the point posts the height of the goal posts and the goal posts a further height as well.
Would solve some of the issues.

Best solution for this type of situation is to have a small camera pointing up along the inside of the post. Pretty much the goal umpires view. Can also view if the ball nicks the post. Mount it inside the top of the padding.
or a goal umpire on each post & *smile* the technology off

Reactions: 1 user
a trained and approved goal umpire who practices all the time at the highest level, who was standing in the best position said, he believed it was a goal.
This is what I keep on coming back to. Best position possible to clearly see the path of the ball, said he thought it was a goal but wanted to check. In about 10 seconds, his decision was totally overruled by sub-standard technology that wasn't conclusive, it just wasn't. Sure, some vision showed the ball over the post, but where was the ball in relation to the goal line at that point in time?

This is what I keep on coming back to. Best position possible to clearly see the path of the ball, said he thought it was a goal but wanted to check. In about 10 seconds, his decision was totally overruled by sub-standard technology that wasn't conclusive, it just wasn't. Sure, some vision showed the ball over the post, but where was the ball in relation to the goal line at that point in time?
Yeah, I'm still annoyed. We should be playing next week. But nothing to see here says the AFL.

When that ball was over the goal post it was already 10 rows back, FFS he was only 2m out when he kicked it

Yea and the Lions were worse over the course of the game.
Your way of thinking means nothing matters individually ever.
The AFL didn't follow their own rules it that simple. If they did we win. They didnt the rest is history, that for the campaigners.

Yea and the Lions were worse over the course of the game.
Your way of thinking means nothing matters individually ever.
The AFL didn't follow their own rules it that simple. If they did we win. They didnt the rest is history, that for the campaigners.
BS - If Lynch kicks the ball though the middle of the big sticks from 10m out we win. Someone getting paid $1mil a year should be able to do that. We weren't good enough on the night ARC *smile*-up, or not.

We've been shafted by the umps for 5 years in a row now and it hasn't stopped us winning 3 premierships.

Folks are having trouble accepting we are not the best team in the comp anymore. Injuries, form, coach playing up, assistants leaving. senior players retiring it happens to everyone. Geesook have managed to hang on by extremely clever recruiting, trading and list management. But they are hanging on by their fingernails. They don't win this year and they are fooked.