Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack??

watching that clip reminded me that Cotchy is my greatest tiger ever.
It's one thing to understand what needs to be done. But it takes something really special to be able to take up the challenge and smash it, personally, one man driving in hard and leading the way. Unbelievable, except I saw it. I believe.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I dislike the way debate is framed as either with us or against us. Critically discussing players is not turning on the team. And I could care less thinking about the kermits blobbos and cornes revelling in our demise.

I will never forget the 2017 finals series. I was lucky to attend all 4 games, I get goosebumps thinking about it now. I can still hear the boos as the Cats ran out. The bemused look on Ottens face (he'd rung some stupid bell before the game) as he tried to work out what the crowd was booing at. Your team you big goose! The unbridled joy at the opening goal by Towner. The dusty/stewart goal. Cotchins GOTY at the end. The Prelim. Dusty to Lambert to open the scoring. Caddy snapping the 2nd less than a minute later. Those feelings will never ever be lost. Rioli playing with carefree abandon in that prelim. I just watched the below clip. Wow.
Cotchins tackling!! WTF. He was immense. Dustys goal to start the last just made me cry. Can any tigers supporter watch this Prelim clip and not cry.

In some ways that 2017 finals series was the very best of us.

Thanks for that, last night doesn't hurt so much after watching it.

Reactions: 1 user
In my relatively short time being a Tiger fanatic (21 years) I have been through some rough times and lately some good times. It is a cycle that goes through every club and I am relaxed in taking a bit of the rough with the smooth so I remain a supporter proud of the Tigers even if I do whinge at times

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
yeah everyone else can GAGF.

This Mighty Tigers outfit is the greatest side ever.

and we were there, not only to bear witness to 3 magnificent flags,

but we drove a knife in Shocking and Scotts Geelong not once, not twice, but three times.

:rotfl1

we could barely have scripted it better.

plus we'll be back for another flag before Dustys done.
Has Geelong ever beaten us in a final on the way to one of their flags. They sure seem to be a team that we beat in finals on the way to ours.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I hope, as the most passionate and loyal supporter base, we have learnt some valuable lessons over the past 4-5 years when it comes to staying the course and not turning on our magnificent Team.

We are being attacked from all angles at the moment and this presents as the most sternest of tests of our supporters’ resolve.

I’m very much looking forward to what lies ahead and will be there with bells on, my enthusiasm levels not waning, but thriving
even further.

:gotiges
Hi Tass do you work for the club as an influencer?

I hope, as the most passionate and loyal supporter base, we have learnt some valuable lessons over the past 4-5 years when it comes to staying the course and not turning on our magnificent Team.

We are being attacked from all angles at the moment and this presents as the most sternest of tests of our supporters’ resolve.

I’m very much looking forward to what lies ahead and will be there with bells on, my enthusiasm levels not waning, but thriving
even further.

Great post. Our list is healthy. We can still do damage this year. This year is a test of coaching and list management. If Cotch, Houli and Astbury go on we will not progress as a DYNASTY club ( 4 premierships ). If they retire we can win another two premierships with the current list. We need to rejuvenate.

Media on ignore. Windbags and p!ssants.

Put everyone in for surgery, get some games into kids, trade cannily, shoot the eyes out of the draft, come back with fire in the belly and win it all again.

Like 2017-20 made 1983-2016 worth it, winning it next year would be just as sweet. *smile*, it might almost be better.
Be nice to beat Port or Cats and finally Brisbane in the big one.

Its actually really simple.

Acknowledge this year is too big a hurdle. Rest all injured players. No tanking but play only fit players. Be conservative. Trial youth. Drop down the ladder. Get a top 10 pick. Trade in a midfielder and hopefully a free agent. Win grand final next year
Fully agree Jewel.

I cried. Thanks for posting Jazz.

Its easy to forget how inspirational Cotchy was.

Its like he was on meth in that game.

Its no wonder he looks tired. imagine doing this week in/week out for 5 years?

He's gonna struggle to get out of bed in the morning when he's 45.

and he did it for us

hes my hero. I love him
I’d forgotten too. But it happened. He was amazing. Everyone was. It was the best of Rioli. My god he was good. Rance. What a player. George and Butler. Lambert. Hoult. Grigg. Towner. Heroes. That team was bursting with enthusiasm and character.

Media on ignore. Windbags and p!ssants.

Put everyone in for surgery, get some games into kids, trade cannily, shoot the eyes out of the draft, come back with fire in the belly and win it all again.

Like 2017-20 made 1983-2016 worth it, winning it next year would be just as sweet. *smile*, it might almost be better.
It would be fabulous because we would have been written off.

We miss the 8 this year I bet London to a brick we still get one of the hardest draws next year.

Last edited:

even further.

Good work Tass.

Dont Worry will have plenty turn and turn quick , imho we’re know different to any other club except we have more in most categories, lucky enough to have real die hard Tiger people who do so much for the club as friends and then deal with the biggest bandwagon jumpers in the land as well, talk back radio gives you a great indication we as fans are no better no worse , it’s just the way people are.

Id call myself a die hard, loyal member , however my “passion” for the game has warned since 2017 , the ultimate, life long dream came true , its just not the same, going to the footy is a catch up with mates nowadays for me, dont get me wrong I’ll still circle the wagons and love the Tiges but it’s not the same , funny enough I seem to take more interest in solving our problems in my own head then we are up and flying .

bottom line there’s plenty of great Tiges who will stick fat

Reactions: 3 users
Take some comfort in that we are a well run club with quality people in the important areas. They will know what’s going on and what needs to happen. Not fussed on 2021 TBH, we have run the wheels off the car to achieve 3 in 4. Get games into the young fellas, early surgery where required. Have a solid break to recover and reset and go hard for 22.

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately the abruptness of our fall means no “victory lap” for our players, and possibly some forced decisions instead of blokes going out on their own terms.

Wouldn’t be worrying about finals or what the media sideshow thinks. Focus on the future beyond this year, including getting Gale into Gil’s job and draining the swamp.

I’m done attending games for the foreseeable future but will maintain some sort of membership. Go Tigers.

I think it’s pretty sad seeing people potting the club on social media. Pathetic in fact.

Reactions: 11 users
I think it’s pretty sad seeing people potting the club on social media. Pathetic in fact.
Social media is a bin and in general ‘media’ outlets going for clicks. I’ve gone off it and when I visit it I regret it.

Reactions: 9 users
Wore my Tigers cap on a walk this morning and got some weird looks. *smile* them.

If anyone said one word to me, was going to ask how many *smile* flags has your *smile* team won recently.

Wear the colours with pride. We're going through a rough patch atm, but we'll be back.
i have been wearing my Tigers tracksuit top everywhere!
at the supermarket a toothless pies supporter tried to wind me up ,
i smiled and said " we are still reigning premiers idiot!
even if we dont make the top 8 this year, 3 out and 4 Premierships is still there !
how many years do you go back to see 3 pies flags? "
ha ha his head dropped and he walked off

If the vitriol was only coming from external sources. As much as I'm very annoyed with this year's performance, some folks on these boards are either trolls or the type of Richmond supporter I'd hear jokes made about when I was growing up. Talk about eating our young.

Reactions: 4 users